Miralem Pjanic

the wes

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Fabregas. It's his best position.

i was thinking that myself i like to see chelsea going back into the 4-3-3 formation again i would sell oscar to balance the books theres no need for him if we do play the 4-3-3 formation

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way we can play Pjanic AND Fabregas together..that'd be a defensive nightmare. 

Hopefully this means the club is already looking to move on from Cesc, which would be a great sign. I thank him for his vital performances last season in firing us to the title. But Fabregas is our version of Man United's RVP. He helped for one season, but then became a massive liability the following season when the going got tough. I know this comes across as being the 'ol' fickle fan' (and admittedly, Cesc has been playing well this second half of the season), but we simply cannot go on having physically immobile players run our midfield.

Chelsea seriously need to find midfielders in the molds of Ballack/Lampard and Essien...or like (Toure/Payet/Silva/Ozil) . Players who are dynamic both physically and technically. I'm not even sure I necessarily want Pjanic either, because again, he has the same physical limitations as Cesc. He'll easily get bullied off the ball time and time again. (If someone who watches AS Roma often knows more, i'm all ease.) 

At the end of the day, too many of our midfielders are too limited. Cesc get's easily flustered when he's pressed. Oscar's touch is poor, and get's bullied physically too often. Matic takes wayyy too much time to make his mind up when on the ball, and his positioning has been erratic all season. 

Hazard/Willian/Mikel (at times) are the only complete midfielders we have, for they can all pass, and can keep possession under pressure.  

I think you could play Pjanic and Fabs together, but only in a 433 with a defensive midfielder behind them (not Nainggolan or another box to box, a real defensive midfielder).  I like Pjanic.  He could also take set-pieces for us.  https://www.whoscored.com/News/3hg891ee9ee4ka5mkl7pja/Show/Player-Focus-Messi-Ronaldo-Cant-Compete-Among-Best-Free-Kick-Takers

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Great pass from Pjanic,Roma 1-0 Fiorentina.

38 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Great assist from Pjanic.

The vision is insane. Great performance.

So he apparently 'Liked' a twitter post saying he would be perfect for us.its created a buzz in the Italian press. The guy must be bonkers if he didn't think it wouldn't create a stir. It kinda makes me think theres not always smoke without fire and Conte or a Blues rep just might have touched base with him eh?

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2016/03/miralem-pjanic-likes-article-saying-he-is-perfect-for-chelsea/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Sell Oscar, buy Pjanic. Simple. A midfield of Pjanic - DM - Fabregas would be insane creatively. 

Nah I think Oscar will hang around just like Mikel for many more seasons. 

I expect them to stay, Hazard to  be sold and a cheapo squad player or two will be bought to fill up the midfield numbers this summer ala Papy/Hector/Miazga. 

We haven't done enough to win the NEGATIVE NET SPEND title yet.  Selling Hazard and signing a Papy equivalent in midfield will certainly go very well into achieving that.

On 02/03/2016 at 6:22 PM, Pizy said:

If we get him and a top class B2B what an insane midfield we'd have. Would also hopefully mean we would play 4-3-3 under Conte.

Assuming we keep hold of Hazard:

Hazard------Costa-------Willian

Pjanic------Fabregas------Nainggolan

A midfield that can actually dominate possession and has more than one creative outlet unlike what we have now.

That midfield 3 is a recipe for disaster.

Pjanic - Matic - Cesc

I trust Matic to pull through for next season.

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Sell Oscar, buy Pjanic. Simple. A midfield of Pjanic - DM - Fabregas would be insane creatively. 

We need squad depth and Oscar is good to have for Carlin and FA cup games. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

We need squad depth and Oscar is good to have for Carlin and FA cup games. 

I think it says more about Oscar and where he is at by using his name as a squad player for those competitions. I see all these fancy boot advert and videos he does on Facebook and Instagram and actually cringe because the boot is actually better than him. I think he is massively average and can't think what he offers this side, the side that should have an outstanding number 10 but we actually have a very poor one.

He still has value and we need cash in on him right this summer whilst some teams actually think he's decent.  

17 hours ago, The Skipper said:

IMO that is too lighweight. Obviously Oscar is no heavier than Pjanic but you can see even now we get dominated in midfield alot when we deploy Cesc Oscar and Matic/Mikel.

I think we would need a Matuidi type player in team to adjust for specific games where Cesc and Pjanic wouldnt work. 

I still count on Matic to pick up form sooner or later and we could then play Pjanic/Cesc-Matic-Matuidi/some other b2b player.

If Matic decides to permamently play bad, try to bring Krychowiak who I see as only top DM our there that we could sign if Matic gets sold.

But three new players in 3 man midfield bought at same time would probably never work out so lets hope Matic wont fuck around next season and continue 2014 form. Realisticly I dont see Cesc sold or benched either, while Cesc and Pjanic playing together would be a big risk, we should put all efforts on bringing top b2b player and then next season phase Cesc or Matic out of team if they underperform.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You