Miralem Pjanic

the wes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that but we need a DM and a couple of people were asking if he can play as a DM.

Think they were primarily asking if Pjanic can play in the pivot, not as a DM. We need someone who can sit in there and initiate attacks etc.

The only questio for pjanic is that can he defend in epl. If not we may as well play oscar in double pivot

As I already said, Pjanic is on another level when it comes to defending compared to the likes of KDB, Josh and Oscar. He's not one of those who will chase down their opponents (like Oscar, for example) but rather use his intelligent positioning to be in the right place in beginning. His tackling has improved a lot, especially since he moved from Lyon, but for him tackling is really the last resort when defending.

Pjanic might look weak but his ability to keep balance and his lower body strenght help him to compete against stronger opponents.

Last year everyone was saying he was overrated, but now everyone wants him :rolleyes:

I liked him since he was a Lyon player and I think he would be a great signing and a long-term replacement for Lampard. I still prefer Moutinho though, but I think Porto will want quite a lot of money for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We need someone like him or Modric if we are going to persist with 4-2-3-1 and want to challenge for trophies next season. But as the users above have mentioned, we owe KDB at least a season to prove that we don't need to someone else.

Well right now I'd take KDB over any of our midfield three, Lampard included.

In the midfield system we play, whether we have a positive or a negative pivot-point (ie. one holding player with one advanced, or just simply two sat back), you need an disciplined defensive-minded player (Mikel), an energetic, dynamic midfielder (Ramires, Essien) in the box-to-box function, and then an advanced attacking player who can either operate essentially as a false number 9 or as a playmaker (Mata). However, for the sake of variety, you need to have the option to throw in that second playmaker (which we can; Oscar, Benayoun, etc.), or that second engine-room player. With de Bruyne, you can slot him into either of the two more-advanced positions, or even play him where Hazard operates on either wing. His versatility, his dynamism and his stamina make him a perfect fit. If he doesn't get at least 30 starts next season, there is no justice. We don't need to blow £15 on Pjanic when we have this little gem, who can easily contribute 30 goals (in goals and assists) a season on a regular basis.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You