Kakuta

Term-X

Chelsea kid Kakuta makes successful playing return

2nrzpdx.jpg

Chelsea youngster Gael Kakuta made a successful playing return for France this week.

Kakuta had been suspended after FIFA slapped Chelsea with a transfer ban earlier this season. But with CAS having suspended the action, Kakuta is free to resume his career.

The striker played for France Under 19s in a 3-3 draw against Greece in friendly tournament, having played the first-half of a 1-0 win over Poland on Wednesday.

http://www.tribalfoo...g-return-443501

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Gael Kakuta could be handed his debut this weekend!

16jnux.jpg

Kakuta was at the centre of the saga which saw Chelsea handed a worldwide transfer ban, when his former club Lens successfully argued he was induced to breaking his contract with them.

Kakuta was banned from playing for four months by Fifa as Chelsea were banded from signing players for two transfer windows - but both these punishments have been suspended as the English giants look to win their appeal lodged with the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Whilst the ban suspension means Chelsea can sign new players in January, it also means Kakuta could get his first-team debut.

"Gael suffered for one or two weeks with this situation [the transfer controversy] but, after that, he was quiet and calm," Ancelottispacer.gif said of the 18-year-old forward.

"He is a very good talent and his character is good."

Ancelotti feels Kakuta's ability is as good as he has seen for a player of his age.

"At that age, I have never seen one player with his talent, so it has been worth the attention," he said.

"He is not so strong, but technically he is ready to play."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5708012,00.html

He looked really sharp when he came on, I was impressed. I've seen him at youth and reserve level and he has been consistently good, I was concerned that with all the hype and pressure he might not have been able to deliver on his debut. Some fancy flicks and a couple of decent shots; a promising start.

a lot of people are seeing similarity's between ronaldo & kakuta and i agree, when c.ronaldo first joined united he was the cocky,confident trickster who wasn't afraid to take on the world. It took him a few seasons to turn his skills into the finished article but when it all came together he became the best player in the world.

Edited by Terminator X

a lot of people are seeing similarity's between ronaldo & kakuta and i agree, when c.ronaldo first joined united he was the cocky,confident trickster who wasn't afraid to take on the world. It took him a few seasons to turn his skills into the finished article but when it all came together he became the best player in the world.

I say give him time to become that player and improve slowly. He just made his debut for the club but it sounds as if he just won us the champions league final.

He is an amazing talent, yes and you cant take that away from him. But he is still very young and he needs to concentrate on his football and not get a big head with the big rep he is getting from the media.

Sure he can brush it aside as he did with the whole transfer saga but i say let him concentrate on football and we can only pray that he produces performances like that against greater opposition, and not against a very crappy wolves team.

why does it sound like that..

I'm comparing him to c.ronaldo when he first came to the premier league, ronaldo was not a complete player then.. he lost the ball all the time and didn't have the finished article.

I know what your saying and i do agree with you. Maybe im just in shock because this hasn't happened for a long time?

I know what your saying and i do agree with you. Maybe im just in shock because this hasn't happened for a long time?

never.

Peter Osgood comes to mind when at 17 he scored 2 goals in his debut and there was a buzz surrounding him, but the two cannot be compared because Kakuta is literally playing in the best team in the league. Plus it's so rare to see young players make such an impact in one game. Considering the climate and ability of our squad to stand out as an 18 year old was near impossible... until now.

Gael Kakuta is the biggest prospect in the history of Chelsea football club.

"We try to kick Gaël in training," Mikel said.

"That's the only way to stop him."

29lbnl2.jpg

worth all the effort? Mikel is convinced that the French forward is extremely talented."We train with him every day and he's a fantastic player," he said. "He's very young and he still has to learn more, a lot of things, but you can see from today what a good player he is.

"In terms of skill, he is the best at the club. The sort of things he does in training come naturally, he doesn't force it. When he's got the ball, he knows what to do. You know he's doing it naturally."

The full article.. (great read)

The sense of anticipation was palpable. The Chelsea support had bellowed their approval before kick-off when his name was called out and they did so again, only louder, on 59 minutes when he prepared to make his professional debut as a substitute. Even Nicolas Anelka, the player to give way, smiled broadly. It was an afternoon of firsts.

Gaël Kakuta has battled intense frustration since September, when Fifa ruled that Chelsea had illegally induced him to sever his ties with Lens in 2007 and, together with punishing the London club with a transfer embargo, it banned the 18-year-old for four months. The sentence was suspended earlier in the month, pending Chelsea's appeal, and on Saturday, at long last, Kakuta could find release in doing what he has always loved best.

If the feeling of liberation was striking, then so too was the forward's nervelessness.Not for him the safe early touches and simple lay-offs. Within two minutes he had accepted a pass inside the penalty area and, with a quicksilver feint, had tricked around the Wolves defender Richard Stearman to shoot into the side-netting. Stearman had to unravel himself and he might have smiled ruefully at a post-match comment by the Chelsea midfielder Mikel John Obi. "We try to kick Gaël in training," Mikel said. "That's the only way to stop him."

When Wayne Rooney first appeared for Everton, his performances were marked by the desire to take opponents on and try things; Kakuta showed the same glorious lack of inhibition. Playing as a support striker, there was a polish about his touches, an easiness to him in possession and heal most added further gloss to the scoreline with a shot that dipped narrowly wide. Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, has described Kakuta as the most talented teenager he has seen and the reason why the player will be hyped more than most prodigies is because he has a style to excite. Everyone loves a player who can fire the imagination.Ancelotti will preach caution. Kakuta is raw and, physically, he is not yet ready to become a Premier League starter. But with his first flickers for the first team the skinny little kid from northern France has begun to show what all the fuss is about.

"In terms of skill I think he is the best player at the club," said Mikel. "The sort of things he does in training, they come naturally. You could see how relieved he was to come on, how free he was. He wants to show the fans what he's got and he did that." Mikel knows a thing or two about making an acrimonious transfer to Chelsea as a teenager. Indeed, his move from the Norwegian side Lyn, played out to a backdrop of alleged death threats, high-speed car chases, police intervention, kidnap allegations and forged contracts, made Kakuta's seem routine.

"I've spoken to Gaël because he knows what happened to me," said Mikel, who spent months on the sidelines while the arguments raged. "I tried to tell him to calm down and just continue to work hard in training. For me it took a bit of time but when I started playing it was such a relief and I think it's the same with Gaël.

"I felt a lot of pressure. When you're really young, a lot of people are getting into your head, people are trying to convince you … it was too much pressure. But I just had to shut everyone up, concentrate and see what happened in the end. That's what Gaël has to do."

1zzqquw.jpg

http://www.guardian....ves-gael-kakuta