Kakuta

Term-X

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea - Ancelotti Sings Kakuta`s Praises.

Aswe reported yesterday Carlo Ancelotti has indicated that Gael Kakuta,the subject of the FIFA investigation that saw us given a two transferwindow ban (albeit temporarily suspended pending an appeal) will be onthe bench today.

Also, during his pre-match pressconference, he used the opportunity to spread the word as t just howgood this young French kid is, commenting,

"His character is good. Technically, he is fantastic - his left foot is very good."

"He is a number 10, like Deco or Joe Cole and yes, he is worth all the fuss and attention."

"Offcourse he is not ready to start for the first team yet, because he isnot as strong as he will be and needs to improve his physicalqualities."

"But technically he is ready to play and he is ready to come on for us now."

Stamford Bridge waits, poised, for that magical moment when he stands on the touchline ready to make his entrance.

Let`s hope, if it happens today, it`s a debut to remember.

http://www.Chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=516788

Edited by Badboy

If you don't like the fact I've merged your precious Kakuta topics, you know where the 'Sign Out' button is. You're exacerbating a situation pointlessly with needless moaning. Both topics were going down a similar route, effectively with the same topic (ie. talking about Kakuta's début), and I therefore decided to merge them. It makes the forums tidier and saves having two of the same topic being aired. Your melodramatics about me forcing "main members" to leave because I'm doing something as "reckless" as merging topics together are pathetic and laughable.

However, if merging topics is such a massive problem, and it is causing you to get worked up, I'll stop doing it. In all honesty I'm fed up of your childish antics and constant moaning about the most minimal of things.

So let's act like adults, let this die down, and we get back on topic.

so what would constitute as a thread that can stand on it's own, and not be part of a messy, over flooded thread?

in a thread about a transfer ban people will refer to how old our players are and that we wont cope, but those posts were not moved to an 'old players' thread.

I feel bad about him missing the penalty. That can't be good for his confidence, but as a professional he should get over it. I hope that he comes out all guns blazing again next time he plays for the club. A goal for him in the coming weeks would be something special!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5766378,00.html

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka has hailed the potential of 18-year-old compatriot and team-mate Gael Kakuta.

Kakutaspacer.gif courted controversy earlier in the season after Fifa ruled that Chelsea had induced the player to break his contract with old club Lens in 2007.

The French youngster was initially banned for four months as a result but his punishment, along with the Chelsea transfer ban, has now been suspended.

He has been allowed some first-team action as a result and the fleeting glimpses have already displayed Kakuta's potential.

Fellow Frenchman Anelka says the winger has all the abilities to be a world-class player after he gains some more Premier League experience.

Vision

"He is quick, very clever, he can see the game before everyone and can create great assists," Anelka told L'Equipe.

"When he gets a little more experience, he will be amazing."

Meanwhile, France Under 19 coach Francis Smerecki has compared Kakuta to Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho, but ruled out a surprise call-up to the nation's senior squad for the foreseeable future.

"We called him up to the to the Under 19 side when he was suspended, because we wanted to show we were there to support him," Smerecki said.

"Like Ronaldinho, he can be a match-winner, but he is more of a team player."

He added: "The French team? We must not go too fast. He will join the Under 21s along with three or four players next year.

"He will play for the French team one day, that is for sure."