Chelsea vs Manchester United

BlueLion.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you had a good time mate, you're one of us now :)

Thanks m8 and in the words of the song "wear your blue and see us through, sing loud and clear till the game is done, sing Chelsea everyone!!" I think this definitely applied.

The first half was quite weak for Chelsea but Carlo motivated lads and we improve our game in second half :D See faces of MU players after Kalou goal ... PRICELESS  :clap:

I thought maybe Carlo would send Terry to score the winning penality :P would have been nice :P

yep. I thought about this too :) If Carlo would send Terry that would be a little bit nervous moment for all fans and John and i'm pretty sure he could score that penalty :)

Oh hell no, I was at the game, was behind our goal in the 2nd half basically

I didn't want Terry to take a penalty, my friend did, I think most of the fans did but not me lol

Don't think Rooney was offside, Terry kept him on if anything

I actually know most of the the FA Refereeing guidelines like the back of my hand because I am a Level 4 FA-approved referee and do a lot of officiating at amateur level. Cool or what? :lol::P

The goal was perfectly legitimate. The referee could have blown the whistle, but United had possession of the ball. The advantage rule is played, meaning that if an opposition player makes contact with the ball within a six-second time period of the advantage being played, then the game is stopped and the free kick is given. The foul by Ballack was illegal, yes, and warranted a yellow card for aggressive/unsporting behaviour as he was attempting to block off an opposition player. However, United squandered possession following the expiration of the six second advantage period, meaning that Chelsea were well within their right to play on. The referee is only encouraged to stop play should a player have sustained a serious injury or suffered damage to the head. The referee clearly saw Ballack make contact with Evra's chest, but the player went down clutching his face, which is equally unsporting as he tried to get Ballack red-carded, which too is unsporting behaviour and also warranted a yellow card for Evra. Chelsea were well within their right to play on; it is up to the referee to stop play, in which case a free kick would have been given to United where the original foul occurred, and they would have been asked to return the ball to the opposition goalkeeper. Chelsea took advantage and scored a very good goal. It is not the fault of the referee, but of United's lackadaisical defending that allowed Drogba to run 40 yards unchallenged before giving Lampard a clear shot on goal. If United had have scored and the freekick had not have been given, United "supporters" wouldn't be complaining. Chelsea were well within their rights to score that goal, and what's more is that Rooney was offside for his goal, but you don't hear Carlo Ancelotti moaning about poor refereeing, unlike Ferguson. Chelsea completely dominated the second half and United were lucky to take the game to penalties. A deserved victory for Chelsea, and Evra's woeful penalty was the best part of a very enjoyable afternoon for me - even better than seeing Ferguson's face at the end of it all.

Of course the goal was legitimate. It can't even be in question, the ref didn't give a foul, even if he did think it was a foul he allowed play to go on as Man U had posession, Man U then lost posession and we went on and scored. Firstly, the ref could have given a foul, secondly Man U could have kicked the ball out if they thought Evra was so badly injured........

Once again we see Manure are seriously bad losers, Ballacks challenge on Evra we see every single game, yes it could have been given as a foul, but Evra was NOT hurt, there was no connection with his face or head.

Hey guys one avarage display of Mikel and Goal.com declare him as an uncreative midfielder who cant pass the ball... read aahamads article... hate this guy... he always writes a load of shit about mikel, even if he was one of our best players last year at 22!

http://goal.com/en/n...helsea-match-up

ok yesterday wasnt his best display but that happens, he improved with the game... imho

Edited by Clevemayer

Fergie needs to watch it back.Rooney had the ball!They played the advantage.They tried to shoot on goal and missed and then we got it and volia and Foster should've saved..and they should've scored and done better with the pens!So arg!!

And ahh yeh but then again JT could've missed and been memories all over again..just not as bad lol...but Evras pen still hahaha

Awww glad you had a good time :D Just bizare the fact you pulled in near Wembly and first thing you saw well fror the time I arrived lots of smoke.Burning coach in the car park..small drama before the game

i was there too and evra got more boos than drogba hahadrunk.gif

I was booing at the point, and then I think where I was we all sang Stand up if you hate man u, stand up if you hate man u....

Blue Lion--- Thank you for the clarification! I love the way you laid it all out. My youngest is just starting competitive football and I have to say I am a bit overwhelmed by it all. I know the rules but some of the finer points pass me buy. Thank you for explaining them :)