Chelsea vs Manchester United

BlueLion.

He was clearly offside. But, Andy Gray said it wasn't, so everyone will take that as gospel.

Arg Andy Grey!! Was watching the pens back on Sky and for once cant he just give us some credit!!Yeh they were poor but Cech got himself in the right place.Had it been Foster saving them no doubt been going on and on and on and on and on about how ammazing they were.God that guy is so anti Chelsea!!

But meh..we won :D

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its a matter of the diamond not working I think its simple that we need to put the right players in the right positions for the diamond to work. Once Bosingwa entered at half time and Mikel went off and Essien moved into the holding role , the diamond went like clockwork and we dominated the game from that point out. I think once we get Zhirkov on the elft and Joe Cole on the right or at the top of the diamond with Frank Lampard being at the top or the right of the diamond ( depending on where Joe goes ) and with Essien in the holding role then I think it may well be the system that wins us the league.

Arg Andy Grey!! Was watching the pens back on Sky and for once cant he just give us some credit!!Yeh they were poor but Cech got himself in the right place.Had it been Foster saving them no doubt been going on and on and on and on and on about how ammazing they were.God that guy is so anti Chelsea!!

I know i can't stand the man and his overused phrase 'take a bow son' he irritates me so much

Edited by ChelseaChick

Still cant get over Evras pen! I mean Berba was bad but that haha...ok we've done some pretty bad ones but hey that happened to the right bloke.Bloody shit stirrer and he deserved it. And plus after the programme kept mentioning Moscow and how Man U had won 5 out of 5 so hah!

And Cech...deserved and needed that!To see him with the shield awwww!

Edited by Laylabelle

Old Habits Die Hard.....Well, Some do and I am glad we managed to win on Penalties but some dont as we gave a last minute equalizer.

I hope we score more last minute winners than concede them this season.

I was confident on winning on penalties cus we had players like Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Deco and Kalou.

I didnt see the first half but second half we controlled the game. The last minute equalizers are getting on my nerves, its been a habit now.

People need to understand that Diamond formation is one of the most difficult formations to play in, and needs alot of coordination in midfield.

We should give it a shot although i am not to much in favour of it as it compromises the skills of Lampard and Essien. But the advantage is we have two strikers upfront and that gives a zonal advantage to us.

I am glad that we have a fairly easy draw in the beginning as we can get our coordination right by the time the big games come.

Also, glad to see our team coming bck strong in the second half after a poor first half, something we didnt ses much during Scolari era.

I didnt see the first half but second half we controlled the game. The last minute equalizers are getting on my nerves, its been a habit now.

First half you dont wana lol we were so bad and frustating..basically we were crap!Didnt seem to be able to string together many passes,when we got near their goal no support and the annoying so close misses.But hopfully that be just a blip and can carry on like the second half

I was disappointed when rooney scored.. But Winning on penalties... It's been so long... '99 was it?..

Ancelotti has brought the luck we need to win the Champions League :drunk:

98 not 99.....And I hope you are right but i am not going to get excited this soon....

Well what can I say, what an afternoon. I think we certainly put those cocky and arrogant Man U fans in their place. I feel priviliged and proud to wear the home shirt and now feel like I am a true blue. It was truly an amazing and exciting experience and one that I will never forget for years to come. I amazed myself by singing along to many of the songs (chants), I didn't know all of them, but I joined in where I could. I also found myself clapping, cheering and stamping my feet. I just couldn't help myself, taking the lead from some very vocal fans a couple of rows forward. I stayed right to the end, and got the chance to sing Blue is the Colour. I think you do need to be there to understand what you guys go through at a match. It's somehow not quite the same sitting in a pub or at home. Final score was 2-2 after 90 minutes then went into penalties and we one 4-1. The boys in blue did us proud. There were some heartstopping moments and I think everyone thought we had it in the bag, until Rooney made it 2-2. We did it and that's what counts, and can't wait till next Saturday.