Lampard - Greatest Chelsea player ever?

Obviously you have the obvious ones - Zola, Osgood etc

But....

130 Chelsea goals from midfield, 100 in the last 5 years, no idea how many assists, Always performs, i could go on forever.

So, is Frank the best Chelsea player ever?

Discuss.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the most consistent player.. Never misses a game.. Hardly gets injured.. Intelligence on the pitch.. Him wd Zola are probably joint winners for the top spot i guess !! Nvr seen any of the older legends games.. so cant talk abut them !!

There have been some greats, Dixon, Osgood, Zola, etc  and Lampard will be there in the hall of fame-as will Drogba -but the best,in terms of raw talent, and even though he was at SW 6  for a short while was Jimmy Greaves.....

Maybe its cause i only saw part of Zola's career with us, but i think he is. He for me is Mr. Chelsea (not JT despite the fact that i love him) .. Gives 110 % day in day out.. Seen so many managerial changes, but he's done everything he can to succeed, and the sad fact his people never admit he's the same level as Gerrard etc, When for me, he's better.

There is obviously a hall of fame in any club, We have had some real treasures over the years and Lampard will definitely be regarded as one of our legends. Some of us were lucky enough to witness some of our all time greats during their playing careers, for me Ossie stands out as the best ever Chelsea player, but then in the next breath Zola made an explosive start and won the heart of every Chelsea fan in the world. If I had to list a legend list it would look like this, and in no particular order.

Roy Bently

Peter Osgood

Ron 'Chopper' Harris

Dave Webb

Charlie Cooke

Pat Nevin

Kerry Dixon

Nigel Spackman

Tony Dorigo

Dennis Wise

Dan Petrescu

Gianfranco Zola

Roberto Di Matteo

Ruud Gullit

Gianluca Vialli

Marcel Desailly

Cluade Makelele

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Didier Drogba

There are others that can be added to that list, but for me these are the most outstanding players in our history. I have been lucky enough to see all of these wearing our shirt, with the exception of Roy Bentley, but he has to get a mention as our first ever title winning captain.

Out of the players i have seen at the club i rate lampard as highly as anyone. Zola was great and lampard is on par with him. I say if he continues to play the way he has last 5 seasons and ends up retiring at the club i would personally say yes he is one of the best that has ever played for Chelsea.

There is obviously a hall of fame in any club, We have had some real treasures over the years and Lampard will definitely be regarded as one of our legends. Some of us were lucky enough to witness some of our all time greats during their playing careers, for me Ossie stands out as the best ever Chelsea player, but then in the next breath Zola made an explosive start and won the heart of every Chelsea fan in the world. If I had to list a legend list it would look like this, and in no particular order.

Roy Bently

Peter Osgood

Ron 'Chopper' Harris

Dave Webb

Charlie Cooke

Pat Nevin

Kerry Dixon

Nigel Spackman

Tony Dorigo

Dennis Wise

Dan Petrescu

Gianfranco Zola

Roberto Di Matteo

Ruud Gullit

Gianluca Vialli

Marcel Desailly

Cluade Makelele

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Didier Drogba

There are others that can be added to that list, but for me these are the most outstanding players in our history. I have been lucky enough to see all of these wearing our shirt, with the exception of Roy Bentley, but he has to get a mention as our first ever title winning captain.

What about JFH...he was a legend too....Ridur was great but he left!=((

For me it must be Zola (Every mourning I see his shirt on my wal, then there is Lamps or Wiise!!