Carlo Ancelotti Is New Chelsea Manager

To be honest the boys are good enough to hold third in the league even if his tactics fail. His training should be a lot better than Scolari. Hopefully he does good. Welcome aboard Carlo.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Milan, he basically managed the team Berlusconi chose and did relatively well, in my opinion. Whether he can win the League in his first season is a different question altogether, but I am certainly going to get behind him - it might take us a year or two but there is no doubting he is a good manager. I hope the club actually gives him time, unlike Scolari.

That seems to be the feeling i have got, that he had little if no say over player recruitment. And that may be something that continues here.... it is all about getting the right setup now at coaching level and also at management level.

I think Ancelotti will be given time, Roman clearly likes what Ancelotti can bring to the table. We will see what that is in time.

He speaks English fairly well...give him a month and he'll speak it just as well as Jose.

Wilkins speaks fluent Italian, so if he's unsure about how to phrase anything I'm sure he'll help out.

I'm not going to jump onto the bandwagon and start slating him. I dont know what he's like as a manager. I dont now what his poilicies are reguarding tactics, etc.... He'll get my backing until something happens to show me he's not the right man for the job.

Welcome aboard :wave:

I cannot say I am very happy, but he has impressed me with his first English interview, if the boys are keen to train hard with him (Unlike Scolari tactics.) we should be fine, he has a good record, and seems to have alot of respect with Milan, so he has my confidence and support, Time to get training boys.

I was a little surprised to see his stats that he had only won 1 Serie A title which looks a bit disappointing.

2 Champions League's in 8 years is good but in 8 years he's not won much with Milan and anything before that.

im 50/50 with this one at the moment, I was still hoping deep down Guus was going to stay but now that's obviously not the case.

We stick to Wilkins, right ?

Let´s not forget that Guus just accepted a job at Chelsea. I think he and Carlo will have a few talks about players and methods.

Let us give him some time. He has a huge test ahead with the C-Shield ahead, trashing United.

Very good - be champions

Obviously he will need to be improving on his English! But that will happen, and Ray will help out as he can speak Italian. It's not quite clear yet if he is going to be bringing anyone with him, but there is room for people. Paul Clement will not be doing first team and reserves duties next season still.

Pro's

• Managed two Champions league wins.

• Could possibly attract big names.

• Guus gave us the thumbs up to sign him.

Cons

• Has only won one Serie A title

• Prefers older players (Took him forever to realize Pato was a great player)

• Can't speak English fluently

• Already wants' to chop and change the team

• Wants to bring in old players like Pirlo and Seedorf and get rid of our young Talent

• Didn't even qualify for Champions League last year.

• Just qualified for Champions League this year.

• Couldn't even beat Mourinho's Inter side (Who we all know is the poor man's Chelsea)

• WANTS TO BRING SHEVCHENKO BACK!!!! WTF is the go with that? Is there something going on between these two we don't know? What is his infatuation with Andriy?

Although i usually hate it, i would love to be proved wrong on this occasion. I just can't see how this guy will suit the Premier League style of play.

Edited by gary gordon

Pro's

• Managed two Champions league wins.

• Could possibly attract big names.

• Guus gave us the thumbs up to sign him.

Cons

• Wants to bring in old players like Pirlo and Seedorf and get rid of our young Talent

• Couldn't even beat Mourinho's Inter side (Who we all know is the poor man's Chelsea)

• WANTS TO BRING SHENCHENKO BACK!!!! WTF is the go with that? Is there something going on between these two we don't know? What is his infatuation with Andriy?

Although i usually hate it, i would love to be proved wrong on this occasion. I just can't see how this guy will suit the Premier League style of play.

this pretty much sums it up well.

Cons

• WANTS TO BRING SHENCHENKO BACK!!!! WTF is the go with that? Is there something going on between these two we don't know? What is his infatuation with Andriy?

We all know Serie A has been corrupt, who is to say he wouldn't have a few more under his belt under normal circumstances.

Are those older players his choice or forced upon him. I think we can give him a little slack on that until we see what he does with our squad.

Speaks English well enough for now, certainly better than Capello when he came to manage England.

The squad NEEDS chopping and changing.

Bringing in Older players and getting rid of certain Chelsea ones is for now on paper talk, again for now we can give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As for AC Milans achievments over the last couple of seasons, lack of investment compared to other clubs certainly hasn't helped their cause.

The Sheva talk is again at the moment only paper talk.