Jack Cork leaves for Southampton

Players allegedly not given enough time on the pitch, the board and managers have obviously seen enough, and dont think they are up to standard.

Sturridge.

......Its like training a boxer for a big fight in Vegas, then telling him its all off , ''You'll have to go and have a bout with this rookie in Bolton Town Hall first''. Hes going to batter them. Doesnt mean hes going to win the fight in Vegas.....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but 4 goals in 4 PL games earns the right to start a few games surely

Players allegedly not given enough time on the pitch, the board and managers have obviously seen enough, and dont think they are up to standard.

Sturridge.

......Its like training a boxer for a big fight in Vegas, then telling him its all off , ''You'll have to go and have a bout with this rookie in Bolton Town Hall first''. Hes going to batter them. Doesnt mean hes going to win the fight in Vegas.....

If you don't give them the minutes on the pitch how can you ever tell? Sturridge was a decent goalscorer for us when given the starts, but for the most part he was used as a sub and given 15 minutes to make an impact. One of our biggest problems is continuing to play players clearly out of form, Sturridge should have been given more time when Drogba, Anelka and Malouda was playing so poorly.

Exactly. I can't imagine what the likes of Wilshere, Balotelli or Fabregas and Messi when they were younger would have to go through if they were at Chelsea.

And no I'm not saying they are the next Messi or Fabregas, but it's definitely not impossible, but we'll never know if the club/coach don't change the way they manage youth/young players.

Sturridge.

True enough if he was playing in the Championship, but he is playing against the same teams he would be playing against for us. Its more like taking on the big fight but in Bolton Town Hall :)

The Fabio Borini one is another situation that makes me wonder at our policy with young players, absolute dynamite goalscorer but will be let go in the summer....

• 1 month later...
I just want to finish my season and reflect on it at the end and see what everyone wants me to do, I’m not sure yet. I need to speak to my dad and my family, my agent - as well as Burnley and Chelsea - and take it from there.

I have a year left at Chelsea but I don’t see that as a permanent option. My aim all season has been to get a club in the summer permanently, get my own place and start afresh.

I will speak to Burnley’s manager in the summer and see what he has to say.

That's that, I guess?

Good luck Jack, even tho i know you don`t need it..looking forward to seeing you in the senior England squad in the not too distant future..

it`s gutting,but i guess we all knew it was coming.

well done Roman, you are throwing another 10million down the drain and you don`t even realize it...

i don`t know if i can keep watching the Youth team play anymore..when you know that all our young buds are gonna get thrown out before they have a chance to flourish.

This just tells you that we aint gonna ever give our youth a chance. All the threads and posts mentioning names like PVA, Cork, Borini etc are just hopeful because these 3 players will all go soon too if Cork is. Cork is a great player, he's matured so much as a footballer and he's ready for big things. He's proved that he can compete in the Championship which is a strong league and he's never had the chance for us. Just like Stoch, big mistake. Who will go next....

One day, one of these players we let go will bite us in the arse and cost us something big. McEachran and Bertrand look like they have a bit of hope but i still can't see them being first team regulars in the near future. Sturridge and Kakuta too.

Edited by OllieCFC

That's not even funny. Kakuta is different class.

I am using him as a distinction of one player brought in with an large amount of praise and expectation based upon his immediate form in the reserves but never could fathom the same form when on the given oppertunity,

But, of course that isn't a conenction which you probably couldn't straight away concieved - my bad for that one :P

I am using him as a distinction of one player brought in with an large amount of praise and expectation based upon his immediate form in the reserves but never could fathom the same form when on the given oppertunity,

But, of course that isn't a conenction which you probably couldn't straight away concieved - my bad for that one :P

Gael is doing well in the league now.