Jack Cork leaves for Southampton

should be kept to comply with the new rules and given a proper chance with the first team squad....give him a proper position and a year to prove himself at it

with both him and Mancienne i can see us letting both of them go,but sometime in the next two to three years regretting it and then trying to buy them back for three or four times the price we sold them for.

Edited by BlueDrew

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernard Rodgers is new Swansea City's manager, our former academy coach and he worked with Jack at that time that is why he is keen on him.

Personally I think that Jack should be getting premier league experiences, but if he will play constantly at Swansea this loan could be good.

should be kept to comply with the new rules and given a proper chance with the first team squad....give him a proper position and a year to prove himself at it

with both him and Mancienne i can see us letting both of them go,but sometime in the next two to three years regretting it and then trying to buy them back for three or four times the price we sold them for.

My thoughts exactly, maybe in better words than what I would've managed :)

if this boys walks away from chelsea i will know that our board ist totally stupid... jack is probably the next frank lampard, there are so many similaritys between them, sometimes its so obvius that you dont see it...

both ar really really underrated, both have an exceptional work rate, both have a nice shot in they're feets, but yeah, jack can play many many more positions than franky...

both are relly intelligent, both can tackle, both have a superb technique (may be not the best in the world, bot right up there)...

just look at his movement and his abilitys on the ball...

this will be a future entland star walking out of the door, so i absolutly dont understand ppl here letting him go, best prospects in our youth and better than any signing we could make:

CORKY

Mancienne

Kakuta

Bruma

v.Aanholt

Mc Eachran ( a bit to young)

Clifford (same)

Kaby (way to young but great talent, could be next makalele or essien)

sala (great squadplayer, superversatile)

so i sometimes think ppl are totally out of mind here...

cork played on EVERY England-Youth Level, any team he entered was CONQUERED by him and he was a FIRSTTEAMPLAYER from day one and after at least three games he was a starter for sure... PLUS he was at CHelsea SINCE NINE... he will be a REAL Chelsea TALENT... mor than terry (come over herer with 14)...

just think about us, producing our own lamps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzr5-21Mmk&feature=related

Don't know about the comparison to Lampard, but i think Jack Cork is a quality player and i would hate to see us lose him

i've come to this conclusion after many thoughts... look ad his body language:

Technique: equal

Bodylanguage: equal

Physic: equal

Passing: equal

shooting: equal

loved by every manager he works with: equal

dont talks much just plays: equal

acts like an intelligent and quite lad: equal

underrated by own fans: equal

plays where you want him to play: equal

never complains about Manager: equal

manager working with him astonished with him: equal

so corky = lampslike... just watch him pass, his calmness on the ball and his workrate... i think you're may be more of an expert and if you take a look at, you will know what i mean...

Technique: equal - Jack Cork's technique is miles off Lampard, obviously age has a lot to do with that but i don't see many similarities there

Physic: equal - Jack isn't as physical as Lamps, can be worked on though

Passing: equal - Different type of passer, Jack is more like Ballack in that respect than Lamps i feel

shooting: equal - No way near, not many strikers as good at shooting as Lamps is, He gets into some good positions as you would expect from a midfielder, but not the way Lamps does

underrated by own fans: equal - Frank is most certainly NOT underrated by his own fans. And to be fair there are not many Chelsea fans who will know anything of Jack Cork as he never played for our first team outside of pre season.

I like Jack a LOT and think he can offer us lots this season if given the chance, but to compare him to Lampard, i just don't see any similarity. Connor Clifford on the other hand, there is player like Lamps the way he drives the midfield (kind of an Essien/Lamps cross breed actually)

@esk

sry this was MY Fault... I was talking about the young West-Ham midfielder Frank Lampard... not the finished Prospect, like we have him now... may be you can agree more thanwhistling.gif

Lol, OK., So then the question is, would we get another Lampard type player with Cork given another 5 years? I still don't think we will, as top class as Jack Cork is and can be i don't see him ever being a Lampard type player. Sorry to be so contradictory but it's just the way i see it :)

Lol, OK., So then the question is, would we get another Lampard type player with Cork given another 5 years? I still don't think we will, as top class as Jack Cork is and can be i don't see him ever being a Lampard type player. Sorry to be so contradictory but it's just the way i see it :)

ya so only future will tell but i really think he will make the central midfield his own, where ever he'll play... and i really see similaritys... like i said, bodylanguage, shooting, technique, workrate and passing... so we'll see hehe but we both agree that corky is TOP CLASSemo6.gif

I'd prefer he went to a club in the Premier League. But he seemed to do well at Burnley, so let's give him a chance. I think this kid has a good future with England and with Chelsea, let's hope he shines so we can play him in our squad next season

A loan move seems right, but to a Championship side?

I don't know, but i guess if Burnley were the only ones calling for him then guess better for him to get first team action there on loan then rot on someone's sub bench. I guess we can only base his future on the development he has there before coming to a viewpoint of staying or cashing in.