Jack Cork leaves for Southampton

A loan move seems right, but to a Championship side?

I don't know, but i guess if Burnley were the only ones calling for him then guess better for him to get first team action there on loan then rot on someone's sub bench. I guess we can only base his future on the development he has there before coming to a viewpoint of staying or cashing in.

there have been dozens of teams scouting cork... he just has gone to burnley cause he was treated well over there, unlike he was at chelsea... a shame...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are really wasting the English talents. First Bertrand and now Cork.

Cork held up pretty well in the PL, why waste his talent by loaning him to the Championship dry.gif

Bertrand has been doing well in the Championship for years and still no PL club loan or a chance with us.

They already messed up Sinclair, so finally get it right with these two excl.gif

• 5 months later...
Exclusive: Palace table bid for Chelsea ace

Monday, 17 January 2011

By Richard Cawley

CRYSTAL Palace have made a bid for Chelsea midfielder Jack Cork - as well as lodging an official offer for Everton striker James Vaughan.

The South London Press has been told that Cork, the son of former Wimbledon striker Alan, is a target for new Eagles boss Dougie Freedman.

He is currently on a season-long loan with Burnley and has impressed during previous loan stints at Southampton, Scunthorpe and Watford.

Palace are also chasing a deal for Vaughan, on loan at Selhurst Park earlier this season, and his club Everton are believed to be ready to sell for around £850,000.

For the full story on the bids for both players, don't miss tomorrow's South London Press.

Follow us on Twitter - @SLPsport.

South-London-Today

Jack Cork scooped the fans' man of the match award and while the on-loan Chelsea man again showed why he needs to be snapped up on a permanent transfer, I think Michael Duff or Danny Fox probably just pip him for me.

I have never been much of a Fox fan but I thought he was superb on Saturday, both defensively and going forward.

Equally too, Duff was brilliant at centre half, throwing himself into challenges despite having already picked up a booking.

lancashiretelegraph

Chelsea are really wasting the English talents. First Bertrand and now Cork.

Cork held up pretty well in the PL, why waste his talent by loaning him to the Championship dry.gif

Bertrand has been doing well in the Championship for years and still no PL club loan or a chance with us.

They already messed up Sinclair, so finally get it right with these two excl.gif

Sorry but Sinclair just was not good enough, he had a fair few chances in the 1st team under Jose, Avram and Scolari and didnt really impress in any of them (with the expetion of Arsenal at the Emirates the day we lost the league).

Bertrand is a good player and if he was a right back id say he had a real shout, but with A-D-C and P-V-A comperting for that position he might find it difficult, having said that he is defiently prem standard atleast.

Cork i agree does deserve a chance, he was single handedly trying to get Burnley out of a hole last season and has been argubly their best player this, ive always seen him as our versatile back up (John O Shea style).

if this boys walks away from chelsea i will know that our board ist totally stupid... jack is probably the next frank lampard, there are so many similaritys between them, sometimes its so obvius that you dont see it...

both ar really really underrated, both have an exceptional work rate, both have a nice shot in they're feets, but yeah, jack can play many many more positions than franky...

both are relly intelligent, both can tackle, both have a superb technique (may be not the best in the world, bot right up there)...

just look at his movement and his abilitys on the ball...

this will be a future entland star walking out of the door, so i absolutly dont understand ppl here letting him go, best prospects in our youth and better than any signing we could make:

CORKY

Mancienne

Kakuta

Bruma

v.Aanholt

Mc Eachran ( a bit to young)

Clifford (same)

Kaby (way to young but great talent, could be next makalele or essien)

sala (great squadplayer, superversatile)

so i sometimes think ppl are totally out of mind here...

cork played on EVERY England-Youth Level, any team he entered was CONQUERED by him and he was a FIRSTTEAMPLAYER from day one and after at least three games he was a starter for sure... PLUS he was at CHelsea SINCE NINE... he will be a REAL Chelsea TALENT... mor than terry (come over herer with 14)...

just think about us, producing our own lamps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzr5-21Mmk&feature=related

Ive been screaming for Jack to be given a decent chance by us...almost given hope of it happening

• 4 weeks later...