David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

To be honest i would much rather we went for Aguero or Pato or someone of a similar age. We need to build going forward long term, with 2 30+ strikers on board already we need to sign someone in their early 20's to give us something for a longer term. Villa at 28 will get 3 years, 4 max out of him. Whereas if we sign Aguero or Pato we could get 10 plus years out of them.

Agreed i dont want villa i would rather have pato or aguero. If we dont get a young pacy forward this summer im going to get really pissed off.

I completely agree with Esk and BB, we need to build for the future, success will come with stability. To add another older player does not make any sense, despite him being a great striker.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with Esk and BB, we need to build for the future, success will come with stability. To add another older player does not make any sense, despite him being a great striker.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem, but as our current strike force are both in their 30's and then add Villa at 28 you are looking at MORE massive investment in the next couple of years. It would certainly be better to deal with the issue now than invest £30m+ now and again a year or 2 down the line.

If we spend a reported £40m+ on either Pato or Aguero who even though their ages are very young they are already considered World Class then we have much much better value for our money and a much more stable future for the squad.

Hope he goes to Madrid tbh, as we could do with someone younger and hungrier -and he probably will as they have financial clout more than anyone -partly subsidised by the Spanish government....

I wonder if Platini will have anything to say about Madrid's spending??

It certainly looks like Villa is off to Madrid, which is no suprise considering he has said he doesn't want to leave Spain. Madrid certainly do not mess about when going after their transfer targets. I wonder which "Galactico" will be next on their shopping list?

I wonder if Platini will have anything to say about Madrid's spending??

It certainly looks like Villa is off to Madrid, which is no suprise considering he has said he doesn't want to leave Spain. Madrid certainly do not mess about when going after their transfer targets. I wonder which "Galactico" will be next on their shopping list?

Think its really good when they spend all this dosh then Barca pan them in the league.

Imagine if Chelsea or Man Utd was partly subsidised by the taxpayer !

Hopefully if the Kaka & Villa rumours are finally put to bed we ( & the press ) can get down to the serious business of our real transfer targets rather than "Real's" transfer targets. ;)

Villa is not gonna come to Chelsea, for many reasons...

The first is that acording to: marca.com Villa es already on board with Perez in the real madrid team.... 38 millions euros will be pay.

http://www.marca.com/2009/06/09/futbol/equ...1244533764.html

The second reason is that Villa never wanto to go out of spain... he is not very good learning other lenguajes...

So take him out of any thing.

I hope Pato will arrive to Chelsea at the End of the Month With Ribery.

Pato will be the Future, Ribery the key to win title and maybe Zlatan may come

with the need player that Mou want from us.

What I don´t like about this is that We are moving everywhere and we are not getting anything press talk about the Chelsea making offers to every one... and the Team in complete Silent...

I hope Anchelotti and Abramovich are moving in the Shadow... because I don´t like the idea that perez is really convencing all good player of get the real Madrid project.... every gold player he get´s let another reason for other player to join there team...

RIBERY MOST NOT BE SELL TO ANY SPANISH TEAM:... HE NEED TO BE IN PREMIER LEAGUE WITH Chelsea....

Edited by RX8

We can't really slag off Madrid when we were doing exactly the same thing a few years back.

Agreed

Just as I said in another thread, give me the big spending over the big selling

I couldn't care less if others think we "bought" a title. Let them complain as we continue winning

No-one moans how United spent in excess of £50 million before this season, its simply jealousy.

Liverpool have spent their fare share over the past few seasons as well, Torres, Keane to name a few werent exactly cheap. Signing players is part of game these days, people must just get over it, if we dont spend we cant improve.

David Villa looks set to join the Perez revolution as Chelsea's chief scout in Spain reveals advanced talks.

Real Madrid are on the verge of yet another multi-million pound signing after Chelsea were told they had no chance of signing him. The Blues' Spanish scout Juan Cruz Sol has claimed that Chelsea had been given a firm "no" as Valencia are "in advanced negotiations with Real Madrid".

Sol told Marca "There is no chance of Villa going to Chelsea because he wants to now go to Madrid." Although Chelsea "made an important offer for him", the Stamford Bridge outfit recognise that things are "well advanced" and are likely to look elsewhere.

If Sol is correct the signing of Villa would cap a spectacular week for Los Blancos. With Kaka signed already and Cristiano Ronaldo on his way, the Spanish forward would complete a fearsome attacking trident as Real Madrid look to reassert themselves on world football.

Chelsea insist they have not made a bid for Real Madrid-bound Valencia striker David Villa.

The Blues' Spanish scout, Juan Cruz Sol, met with Los Che president Manuel Llorente in the club's headquarters on Thursday to discuss the future of the 27-year-old striker.

Cruz Sol spoke to the Spanish media after the meeting, with Valencian newspaper Levante quoting him as saying: "Chelsea made an important offer for him (Villa). But the answer (from Valencia) was 'no' because negotiations with Real Madrid are very advanced."

He added: "Hence, there's no possibility that Villa will go to Chelsea because he wants to go to Real Madrid.

"The purpose of the meeting was to have have some contact and know with certainty what Villa's situation is. Now we have clear ideas and we know that to expect."

A Chelsea spokesman said no formal bid was made after exploratory discussions with the financially-stricken La Liga outfit.

"We have made no offer for David Villa," he said.

Valencia president Llorente earlier revealed an offer for Villa had been received but refused to confirm whether it was from Chelsea.

He told regional newspaper Las Provincias: "Yes, we have an offer for Villa but not from Spain."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You