David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

Nicolas Anelka came in when he was 28. At 29 he had his best season with us, 30 he is playing well and we are already looking for a player to replace him next season. So thats 2 yrs. Why pay 35 million for someone like that who would give 2 yrs to us after which we would start looking for a new player to replace him. No sense there.

Id rather pay those 35 million to Aguero.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicolas Anelka came in when he was 28. At 29 he had his best season with us, 30 he is playing well and we are already looking for a player to replace him next season. So thats 2 yrs. Why pay 35 million for someone like that who would give 2 yrs to us after which we would start looking for a new player to replace him. No sense there.

Id rather pay those 35 million to Aguero.

Too add on to what you where saying, anelka was already a proven striker in the epl. If we are going to bring in someone like Villa, how long is it going to take him to adapt to the more physical football? Aguero has the time to this as he is alot younger.

If we bring in one of these players, i really, really hope that they aren't gonna be like Sheva when he joined us :/. Was really a waste of many actualy. Problem with this kind of players mostly is how they adapt. Sheva was because of the different playing-style and much higher pace of the game.

How many spaniards at a big club have succeeded in the PL? Only players i can think of are Fabregas, Xabi Alonso and Torres (correct me if i'm wrong...). I wonder how Aguëro or Villa would play against teams like Bolton or Sunderland. And especially what's left of them after they got kicked the f*ck out of them by their butcher defenses xD.

Edited by Blueboy

Well generally after 27 you turn 28 but he might as well be 24 and he would still be too old for you, fact is he is proven quality in a world class league and has consistently performed for a very mediocre side for the past few seasons, let alone his goal scoring record for spain. Fact is that this man is one of if the the best stiker in the world at the moment and will score goals where ever he goes, id rather spend 30 million on a player of proven quality and ability than one that is simply an exciting prospect ie: Aguero or Benzema, not every 30 million plus sriker needs to be compared to Shevchenko and to be honest im actually quite tired of hearing about it

No no no villa is fucking 28 he is too old for us, we need fresh talent not a player who gave his best years to valencia. We need a player that is around 23 years of age someone we can have for 10 years.

As good as Villa is i do not want us to sign him, we need to be looking for someone younger who we can build around.

Agree, and i dont think theres any chance of a 'big' name arriving whilst there is Drogba and Anelka there, even if there is a transfer ban looming. If Kalou is offloaded then I could see a 'name ' arriving, but Ancellotti probably has several potential targets already lined up...

Aguero any day over Villa.. Agreed he hasn't achieved anything yet like Villa has but age has to be a major factor for our future signings.. He will have enuf time to bed in unlike Villa who if he hits d ground running wud be a major success or else a major failure.. also i think Aguero wud also be able to slot into the No.10 position with his dribbling and close control than Villa who is more of a striker..

• 3 weeks later...

David Villa is absolute pure class and would be worth every penny of £30m (in todays market). He has everything and i rate him above Aguero every day of the week. 28 aint old in todays game, Aguero has age more on his side but he's just simply not as good as David Villa, end of.

Chelsea are ready to kick-off the transfer window in spectacular style by splashing out £40 million on David Villa and paying him more than £10m a year.

The fee would be a British record and would make Valencia star Villa the highest-paid player in the Premier League.

With Didier Drogba away at the African Nations Cup, Chelsea are desperate to boost their forward options this month and Villa has jumped to the top of their wanted list ahead of Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero.

The Stamford Bridge club are believed to have approached Valencia already and have put together a mind-boggling package to head off Manchester United and Real Madrid, and convince Spanish international Villa to move to England.

Debt-ridden Valencia had hoped to keep Villa until the summer, but Chelsea’s transfer embargo after January means they need to move before then and owner Roman Abramovich is prepared to bankroll a mega-deal.

dailyexpress

David Villa is absolute pure class and would be worth every penny of £30m (in todays market). He has everything and i rate him above Aguero every day of the week. 28 aint old in todays game, Aguero has age more on his side but he's just simply not as good as David Villa, end of.

They are very different aguero is a second forward, david villa is a pure striker. 30 million for villa is too much he is worth 15 million in my opinion. Plus he is used to being a big fish in a small pond like swp was when we signed him.

Well we dont have any strikers like Villa, we dont need a 'second striker' because Anelka always plays like a second striker and he's brilliant at it. The only problem would be, who do you leave out? Even if we bought Aguero, who would he replace? 3 up front would be scary with any of those 3 tho lol but look at Henry, he plays in a 3 (left) and he's nothing like the Arsenal Henry. I believe we probably dont need another striker and we should bring the youth through instead.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You