David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

Well we dont have any strikers like Villa, we dont need a 'second striker' because Anelka always plays like a second striker and he's brilliant at it. The only problem would be, who do you leave out? Even if we bought Aguero, who would he replace? 3 up front would be scary with any of those 3 tho lol but look at Henry, he plays in a 3 (left) and he's nothing like the Arsenal Henry. I believe we probably dont need another striker and we should bring the youth through instead.

I think Villa, Anelka and Drogba all offer something very different to each other, I would play Drogba and Villa up front with Anelka at the tip of the diamond and let him and Villa drift into wide areas. I would then drop Joey further back onto the right of midfield where Ballack is at the moment and rotate the midfield, that way Kalou will still be back up striker when he returns and Sturridge and Borini can fill in while he is away.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we dont have any strikers like Villa, we dont need a 'second striker' because Anelka always plays like a second striker and he's brilliant at it. The only problem would be, who do you leave out? Even if we bought Aguero, who would he replace? 3 up front would be scary with any of those 3 tho lol but look at Henry, he plays in a 3 (left) and he's nothing like the Arsenal Henry. I believe we probably dont need another striker and we should bring the youth through instead.

Yes i agree i think drogba and anelka have enough time in the game to see if sturridge, di santo (who i have lost faith in him in a way) and borini (who i think is quality) can make the grade.

hey bring villa he is a good player if don't please go to Fabiano from sevilla

Yeah lets by fucking Fabiano who is just as old as anleka yeah lets do that :goodpost:

Edited by Badboy

• 3 months later...
Chelsea are set to kick off their summer transfer activity with a bid for Spanish striker David Villa .

The Valencia hitman is one of European football's hottest properties and his cash-strapped club have let it be known that they are ready to cash in on one of their prized assets. Some of Europe's biggest clubs will likely compete for Villa's signature, but Chelsea have reportedly made it a priority to bring the 28 year-old to Stamford Bridge. Apparently, the Blues have decided that French winger Franck Ribery has his heart set on Real Madrid and will only use Chelsea's interest to squeeze better terms out of the Spanish giants.

However, Chelsea are reluctant to pay Valencia's £40m asking price and will look to sign him for a smaller fee. Villa has scored more than twenty goals in each of the last five seasons in Spain's Primera Division. He is currently on 28 goals for this season.

With 37 goals in 55 games for Spain, Villa is expected to be one of the stars of the World Cup and Carlo Ancelotti may be eager to tie up a deal before the summer tournament, after which the striker's value could rise further.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Chelsea-make-Spanish-striker-Villa-top-transfer-target/7374/

Marca said yesterday that there was an agreement for Villa to go to Barcelona in place. Money + Hleb and Bojan.

As if Barcelona could get a better strike force than the one they already have :lol:

I think its crazy that we are linked with villa he is too old we need players that are 23 24 25 years of age not bloody 29 30. We need too keep players for 7 years before we look for replacements, players like ballack deco and anelka have took 2 years before we have started to look into the market again.

As if Barcelona could get a better strike force than the one they already have :lol:

They could if Zlatan managed to disappear off the face of the planet?

Edited by DavidEU

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You