David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

Chelsea boss Avram Grant is ready to splash out £45 million on Spanish Liga stars David Villa and Daniel Alves this month.

The Mirror says with a deal for Lokomotiv Moscow defender Branislav Ivanovic being wrapped up, Chelsea are going back for Sevilla right-back Dani Alves, who was priced out of a move to Stamford Bridge in August. Grant also has the backing of Blues owner Roman Abramovich to bid for Valencia's unsettled strike-ace Villa. Valencia have signalled Villa could leave for a non-Spanish club if the right offer comes in. Alves, whose on-off move to the Bridge last summer collapsed when Sevilla rejected a £17m bid, is likely to be available as the club seek cash for rebuilding plans.

Source: Tribal Football

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

niether of them will be able to play in the champions league if they join and im not too sure on villa

CL isn't main priority, if we have a chance to pick them up then we should take it. Villa has had a tough season but so has their whole team, the quality is still there in the player though.

i think that they would be good buys to get - still would love villa here - alves as well

It's the sort of signings you want to see us making to REALLY improve our squad. As we have seen there is never a guarentee that a player will be able to make it with us but the real quality is there with these players and there is no doubting that.

i think both to be honest. what with ACON we need all the suppourt we can get. pizarro looks a poor buy (i know he was free but hey)

we wil be missing drogba and kalou. Sheva, who i think will come good when his back, needs suppourt from another striker. 4-3-3 don't seem to work with sheva playing imo

Villa is well overrated in my opinion, and we already have this new Serbian versatile defender now dont we? That should rule out Dani Alves...

Not really, Ivanovic looks mainly being centre back player, basically replacing Ben Haim. A long term upgrade is a must at right back sooner rather than later and there is none better at the moment than Alves so there is no reason not to sign the both of them...

Personally i would much have Villa than either Anelka or Berbatov, the potential is far greater with Villa and the level is higher, the only thing that goes against him is this "proven premiership goalscorer" thing..... didn't work out with Sutton though did it :D

• 1 month later...

Valencia striker David Villa has admitted he would be interested in a move to the Premier League.

Chelsea and Tottenham have both been keeping tabs on the Spain international, according to the News of the World.

The Stamford Bridge side could be in the market for a new striker if Didier Drogba moves on during the summer.

And Spurs forward Dimitar Berbatov has been the subject of intense speculation over his future which may leave Juande Ramos needing to bolster his attack.

Dream

The highly-rated Villa, who could command a price tag of up to £25million, is keen to showcase his skills in England.

Villa said: "I am happy at the interest within the Premier League and this is my dream if I leave Spain."

Valencia sporting director Miquel Angel Ruiz added: "If we receive a formal offer, we'll study it."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You