David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

£30m Villa swoop mooted Tottenham and Chelsea are ready to battle it out for the signature of Valencia striker David Villa, who would cost £30m.New Spurs boss Juande Ramos tried to sign the player when he was in charge of Sevilla but lost out to Valencia, and now he could try and land him again either in January or the summer.Ramos is not convinced Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov will stay at White Hart Lane and if he does move on then a swoop for Villa could be on the cards.Chelsea are also in the running to land Villa should he become available but the player's agent seems to think that Spurs would be in the box seat to land him.Jose Luis Tamargo revealed: "Many clubs have contacted me to ask about the chances of a player who is guaranteed to score goals in England. But I am convinced if Spurs present an offer Valencia will study the subject."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, I simply don't think David Villa will be able to cut it in the Premier League. Good player and all, but he won't have the same time in the EPL as he gets in La Liga, so I believe he will struggle, and struggle badly. I'd much prefer Karim Benzema.

I've seen Villa a few times and he doesnt look as good as what he 's cracked up to be. Each game against us for Valencia he was anonnymous, I think he scored one goal against us, but his overall performance was poor overall.There are better options out there and 30million for a striker that isnt really proven is a bit OTT :D

I don't think he's £30 million pounds worth, seems to blow hot and cold. Let them have him and we'll take Berbatov - at least we know he can play in the premiership.
Berbatov has shown his true colours recently by being a bit of a stroppy bitch. Do we really need that in the team atm ???

Berbatov has shown his true colours recently by being a bit of a stroppy bitch. Do we really need that in the team atm ???
Some footballers are Prima Dona's what you gonna do about it? We've had the odd stroppy bitch in the past, but it wont be an issue if Grant's as good a manager as he's meant to be. :D Fact is, he's shown he can play in the premiership with the sort of players around him at Spurs - now imagine him with the sort of players we've got - could be worth the risk.

Some footballers are Prima Dona's what you gonna do about it? We've had the odd stroppy bitch in the past, but it wont be an issue if Grant's as good a manager as he's meant to be. :D Fact is, he's shown he can play in the premiership with the sort of players around him at Spurs - now imagine him with the sort of players we've got - could be worth the risk.
I would put Berbatov in the stroppy bitch bracket along with Anelka.Why not sign him while we're at it :(

I would put Berbatov in the stroppy bitch bracket along with Anelka.Why not sign him while we're at it :D
Wouldnt say in the last few weeks hes shown his true colours, even last season he was a stroppy bastard, start of the year he was rubbish for us, got frustrated and just wanted to play and score goals.If he had some better players around him he wouldnt be moaning as much, Anelka however is just a ****

Wouldnt say in the last few weeks hes shown his true colours, even last season he was a stroppy bastard, start of the year he was rubbish for us, got frustrated and just wanted to play and score goals.If he had some better players around him he wouldnt be moaning as much, Anelka however is just a ****
Couldnt agree more :D

I've said it before, I simply don't think David Villa will be able to cut it in the Premier League. Good player and all, but he won't have the same time in the EPL as he gets in La Liga, so I believe he will struggle, and struggle badly. I'd much prefer Karim Benzema.
Karim would be great!!Butr I thought that Torres won't fit in he Liverpool squad and he did....so maybe David can too

Yeah, Torres has been unbelievable this season for them unfortunatelyVilla... Hmm.. He's obviously not as good as Torres is (and was in Spain). I think we should go for someone else
I would rather say that he is good as Torres...maybe even better...

Hmm really? Even last season when they were both in Spain in terms of performances Torres was better.. And everytime Villa has played against English opposition (mainly us in the CL encounters) he hasn't done anything at all.. Well except score that one flukish goalDoubt that he will be great in the Prem

Hmm really? Even last season when they were both in Spain in terms of performances Torres was better.. And everytime Villa has played against English opposition (mainly us in the CL encounters) he hasn't done anything at all.. Well except score that one flukish goalDoubt that he will be great in the Prem
I watched him play against and.Ireland at Windsor park and he was shocking. Now we have defenders from the Championship as our rear guard and they had him in their pockets. He did score but it aas nothing to get excited about.He'll be playing tonight I believe, so I'll have an eye on him to see how he plays. To me he's a spanish Defoe. Looks good but seldom delivers thumbsup.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You