Chelsea vs Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I have no real hope for us against Liverpool or Arse in our next handful of matches simply because our defense is so inconsistent. We can look pretty damn solid at times and all over the shop and pathetic at others as we saw today. The Arse & Liverpool attacks could rip our defense to shreds, especially with suspensions and possibly a knock to Colwill.

But if we’re a serious team we need to beat Newcastle and United after the break. 

Yeahh those games who knows. They're not likely to be our rivals..miss the ole Arsenal days. 

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They will not sit deep. Just outscore them 3:4. We have great attack as well. Lavia should start and I think we should win MF battle. They have no one there. 

Hopefully enough. Defense & Sanchez will have to be on their toes all game. Veiga and Tosin will have to raise their game.

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They will not sit deep. Just outscore them 3:4. We have great attack as well. Lavia should start and I think we should win MF battle. They have no one there. 

Will be tough against both Liverpool & Newcastle in MF in all honesty.

Both sides possess players with a good mix of physical and technical attributes. NUFC lined up with a 3 of Joelinton, Guimaraes, Tonali v Everton. Liverpool have got likes of Gravenberch (been standout MF player in PL for me so far), Mac Allister, Szoboszlai… plenty options - has worked so far for them. 

And we all know Enzo likes to vanish when the game gets extremely tight and more physical in there. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pool??

or NUFC?

surely you did not mean Pool as they have a powerhouse MF (and thank fuck they did not get Martín Zubimendi)

a7af7eb323554c9ce9d4af0627b64890.png

I meant Liverpool it terms no defensive midfielders. Even CMs they have are more offensively oriented. Their two best ones are AMs. No balance. We should win battle there. After all they wanted Caicedo and Lavia. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And we all know Enzo likes to vanish when the game gets extremely tight and more physical in there. 

We should continue 4231 there. Lavia and Caicedo in pivot. And Palmer AM to exploit their lack of defensive midfielders. Drop Enzo. 

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He would not because he is injured for two months now. 

Our starting attackers were slow today if Nkunku started we would won I think. We created enough. 7 saves from their keeper. 

I was making a point about having another CF by citing Broja as an example. We gave their GK a chance to make those saves rather than an inspired performance. Felix was unmarked and failed to hit the target.

35 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Because the footballing people at the club haven’t got a clue 👍

Yes its been a problem position that predates the new ownership group coming in (also for other clubs) but moving on CFs in the summer and not signing one is exactly what is wrong with the people making the decisions.

I mean at the beginning of the season, genuinely counting on Joao Felix and Nkunku as 9s is desperate. It only took one moment but Felix showed exactly today why you can’t rely on him to be that ruthless player to decide competitive games where things are more difficult whilst Jackson has shown this alarming inconsistency for 12 months already. Maresca has a hard on for using Nkunku as a 9 also  and not off the front or as a split striker in a pairing where he succeeded in Germany also. Why? Not sure.

All in all, we got what we deserved today, could have won it with better finishing but also could have quite easily lost it if we didn’t have some moments of quality GKing from Sanchez (I am as surprised as everybody else).

The timings of the substitution was piss poor by Maresca also. Should have made changes 15 minutes earlier after the goal.

They just aren't learning from their mistakes. As I mentioned in another thread, if our board really decided to throw all their eggs into the Osimhen basket only to play hardball with this handicapped wage structure, they are more stupid than I even thought.

In all fairness, a Jota winner would have summed the squad up. It's hard to strike this up as "one of those days" when we failed to get the better of Palace for similar reasons.

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I meant Liverpool it terms no defensive midfielders. Even CMs they have are more offensively oriented. Their two best ones are AMs. No balance. We should win battle there. After all they wanted Caicedo and Lavia. 

No balance in MF 😂? Liverpool have got the best defensive record in PL this season… only 2 goals against. You think they’d have that if they were hugely unbalanced in MF?

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We should continue 4231 there. Lavia and Caicedo in pivot. And Palmer AM to exploit their lack of defensive midfielders. Drop Enzo. 

Gravenberch has been very impressive for them. Looking as if he may be the player they needed in that sort of more defensive position. 

Enzo wont drop Enzo. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I was making a point about having another CF by citing Broja as an example. We gave their GK a chance to make those saves rather than an inspired performance. Felix was unmarked and failed to hit the target.

They just aren't learning from their mistakes. As I mentioned in another thread, if our board really decided to throw all their eggs into the Osimhen basket only to play hardball with this handicapped wage structure, they are more stupid than I even thought.

In all fairness, a Jota winner would have summed the squad up. It's hard to strike this up as "one of those days" when we failed to get the better of Palace for similar reasons.

Yep 100%. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

48 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Enzo is no Charlie Cooke, no Michael Essien, he will never be.
It's been two years now - transfer list.

37 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Enzo is no Charlie Cooke, no Michael Essien, he will never be.
It's been two years now - transfer list.

If we judged him off the price tag, we were robbed. I honestly don't know what he excels at or offers on a regular basis.

Really disappointed with the misses towards the end.

We should have taken the points here.

Difference between the top 2-3 and us, which we will overcome over the course of this season.

Next season I am looking forward to majorly. CL we'll make this season. Next season we will be title contenders. 100%

Edited by The Rising Sun

Agenda against Chelsea this season again.......

arsenal 10 fouls...no bookings.... Pool 15..2 bookings.... Chelsea 12 fouls...6 bookings!!!... every other nothing tackle a booking.... unreal & again hardly a bad one all game 🫤