Should we sell JT?

warnie_666

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are a loyal fan of the blues you should want our true legends to stay with us for as long as they can.

Sorry I cant agree with you on that.

Just because we have Roman behind us with his billions doesnt mean we should now hold onto players for the sake of nostalgia. If we were a mid table side and a club came in with a massive OTT offer for JT would it be ok to accept it then?

I'm not a regular to SB by any means, but I'd like to think I'm as loyal as the next man. Wether people want to accept it or not, Chelsea FC is now a business under Abramovich which is why were "supposed" to be going self sufficient. I thought that in itself would have turned on a few lightbulbs in peoples heads.

John Terry was a highlight of todays game. He went into every tackle with 100% commitment on winning the ball and making something out of it, like he has done over and over again throught he career.

We had a fair few corners aswell in tonights game against Villa, John Terry got onto 3 of them, he put two on target and was very unlucky not too score both. He also headered one wide. If this man can start scoring goals like he did a few seasons ago than he could be as importent as a striker from corners and set peices.

He has also been the our best player for many seasons in the past few years. Yes he is getting older and getting alot more injuries but this should not matter, if you are a loyal fan of the blues you should want our true legends to stay with us for as long as they can. Even if it means in a few years time we use john as a backup centre back, i would prefer to see him sitting on the bench for us than him playing in a shirt like manchester cities and im sure thats what he would prefer too.

I personally do not believe it would be a smart idea to sell this man as he is the heart and soul of the club as you guys already know but, There should be no amount of money that would even make the club look twice because he does not want to leave, atleast most of the fans do not want him to leave either, and we have one of the richest owners in the world and if its new players we are waiting for than we need Roman to just open his pockets, which im sure he will do for us sometime in the near future.

Yes, he was brilliant yesterday. It doesn't make the facts that he's been quite injury-prone and is getting old disappear tho. Yes, as a loyal fan I should want him to stay cause he's a legend. But he's still an asset and if a huge offer comes along, I'd be quite stupid not to accept it. Or at least consider it.

He's the heart & soul of the team, for now. If he leaves, we'll move on. Just like we've moved on without Jose.

Oh, and if we can keep expecting Roman to keep opening his pockets, why would he invest so much on the academy? He could've also upped the bid for Robinho, and he didn't. He could've paid the price Sevilla want for Dani Alves, and he didn't.

Sorry I cant agree with you on that.

Just because we have Roman behind us with his billions doesnt mean we should now hold onto players for the sake of nostalgia. If we were a mid table side and a club came in with a massive OTT offer for JT would it be ok to accept it then?

I'm not a regular to SB by any means, but I'd like to think I'm as loyal as the next man. Wether people want to accept it or not, Chelsea FC is now a business under Abramovich which is why were "supposed" to be going self sufficient. I thought that in itself would have turned on a few lightbulbs in peoples heads.

If that were the case, I'm sure JT wouldn't hesitate to leave us. He'd want to play for clubs like Man Utd or Barcelona for his career, above playing for a mid-table club.

I completely agree with Biru and Tri-Blue. If the right offer comes along, we really need to accept it. Whether Terry would accept it or not is a different matter, but if any club came in with a £20-£30 million bid for any player, you would be mad not to accept it. It would be a step in the right direction for becoming both self-sufficient AND rejuvinating the squad with some youth.

Oh, and if we can keep expecting Roman to keep opening his pockets, why would he invest so much on the academy? He could've also upped the bid for Robinho, and he didn't. He could've paid the price Sevilla want for Dani Alves, and he didn't.

I did not really mean for him to splash the cash as in to spend heaps and heaps of money on older replacements, i do want to look to the future as well and if we can pick up some talented young players in the transfer market i think it would be wise to do so. But we also do need the likes of John Terry to be around to help out these youngsters and make them better players.

We have the academy coaches around to make the youth players better, but I see your point. If we sold Terry for £30 million, we could sign someone such as young Breno from Bayern for around £10 million and then have £20 million go straight into the transfer kitty for a major signing, for example

I cant believe my eyes, this topic is one big shit

Terry wants to stay here until the end of his career, he loves this club and he has said that so many times. And some of YOU would sell him just because of money ??!! I fuck all the money. He is the living legend, the soul of this club, one of the last remainders of the 'old Chelsea' and you would agree. Like Kez said, another example....

I cant believe my eyes, this topic is one big shit

Terry wants to stay here until the end of his career, he loves this club and he has said that so many times. And some of YOU would sell him just because of money ??!! I fuck all the money. He is the living legend, the soul of this club, one of the last remainders of the 'old Chelsea' and you would agree. Like Kez said, another example....

Forgive us for not letting sentiments cloud our judgements.

Oh, and no, I don't really buy it when players say they love the club they play for. They wouldn't be here if not for the fat paychecks they get. Would JT play for us with, let's say, 10,000 pound or less a week? I really doubt that.

I want to be proud of my team. And to read his interviews, to see his blues heart in the game, to know the fact that he would play with a broken leg, to see him in the Chelsea shirt and even to see his tears after that night - that all make me proud.

To sell him? Then I would feel ashamed of my team.

Edited by milan.cech

Forgive us for not letting sentiments cloud our judgements.

Oh, and no, I don't really buy it when players say they love the club they play for. They wouldn't be here if not for the fat paychecks they get. Would JT play for us with, let's say, 10,000 pound or less a week? I really doubt that.

It does not even matter about the money i think jt would be here at our club even if he did not have a massive pay check not once has he said he wants to leave for more money so what make you think hes here for just that reason.

Edited by STEV3O

Theres no doubting JT's commitment to the club, its there for all to see.

I just think it would be madness not to consider a bid for 5/6 times his market value. Clubs sell their best players....thats a fact, we're no different to any other club. If JT doesnt want to leave then I'm happy for him to stick around and see his days out playing for Chelsea.

^ TB, I think it'd be madness not to consider a bid of 2 or 3 times a player's market value. Let alone 5 or 6... :P

It does not even matter about the money i think jt would be here at our club even if he did not have a massive pay check not once has he said he wants to leave for more money so what make you think hes here for just that reason.

If that is so, then he'd immediately sign the first deal he was offered. There wouldn't be any contract negotiation and his contract negotiations was quite long, mind.

He's never said that because he was given a mega contract. What would he say if he wasn't given the contract he wanted? I'm sure he wouldn't be content because he knows he's a big player.

Anyway, it's off-topic.

Edited by .Biru

It's a tough question.

Normally I'd say no, but with the crazy money that some people are quoting, why not?

That being said, however crazy City are, I don't think they'd spend that much on JT. Regardless of whether or not they did, we'd not only be losing one of our best and influential players, we'd also be losing our captain. You also have to take into account the man's friendship with Frank Lampard, I'm not saying Frank plays well because of JT (far from it, that'd be outrageous) but to be able to play on the pitch week in-week out with a guy and make such a friendship (which we're led to believe they have), it'd surely knock him a bit.

I'm not so sure that the benefits of selling him outweigh the negative points. However much money we get for him, it'd affect the team as a whole, he's our captain and there are no big influences in our team, not even Lampard could fill his role as a permanent captain, he's just not as big a character.

We say we need the money, really we don't. Roman's goal is self-sufficiency, if we made anywhere near £50m (which just wouldn't happen), how much of that would go towards a new defender, or a new captain, or just a new player in another position? Not much I bet. We were £60m off break-even point this season, despite the fact that half of it was due to managers, that's still £30m off, even if we improve on that, we wouldn't be spending a big amount of money as there's still quite a bit of a way to go to break-even.

Theres no doubting JT's commitment to the club, its there for all to see.

I just think it would be madness not to consider a bid for 5/6 times his market value. Clubs sell their best players....thats a fact, we're no different to any other club. If JT doesnt want to leave then I'm happy for him to stick around and see his days out playing for Chelsea.

Fucking spot on. Some people need to take off their sentimental-tinted shades and look at the bigger picture.

Look at Man Utd. How they keep building their squad by selling players from their Glory times. We never wud have discovered Cech had it been for "Loyal Fans" who would have not benched Cudicni. Who knows we might find another Terry by Selling Terry. Mancienne is the one we should grrooom. For a defender, 40 million is freaking crazy. Use that money to build the squad