Should we sell JT?

warnie_666

But we signed Cech when we had cash to burn.

That's not the situation now, if we sold Terry we'd need to buy a defender who is big. You bring up United, but when they've sold big players they've always replaced them with big players. When they sold Andy Cole they replaced him with RvN, Stam with Rio and Beckham with Ronaldo. They spent a lot of money on those replacements, which we wouldn't be able to do.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have not build on the squad over last 4yrs. It has been poor. We buy one player for another and thats it. We let Robben go and instead got a Load of Bullshit in Malouda. Thats not squad building. Thats called fixing voids.

The problem with the club now is, They are trying to make profits on every player sale to fix the financial situation. Robben sold for 24Million and Malouda got for 13 million.. Maka, SWP, Sheva and Bridge sold and we got Boswinga and Deco for a total of 23 million. Its a business now and unfortunately its affecting our Squad.

If we can sell JT we can get Ribery and robinho with that money plus another 10million from us. Atleast that will reinvigorate our attack. In defense we anyways have Ivanovic, Alex, Mancienne and Riccy.

A similar argument about Lampard could have started had he not been pumpingthose 20 goals in the last 2 seasons, had he constantly remained injured. But Lampard is Fit as Fuck and has been Superb on the field. Cant say the same about JT. One good performance in 5 matches isnt enough to warrant a 130,000 pound per week pay check.

Edited by warnie_666

But we signed Cech when we had cash to burn.

That's not the situation now, if we sold Terry we'd need to buy a defender who is big. You bring up United, but when they've sold big players they've always replaced them with big players. When they sold Andy Cole they replaced him with RvN, Stam with Rio and Beckham with Ronaldo. They spent a lot of money on those replacements, which we wouldn't be able to do.

I don't think so. How big were C. Ronaldo and Vidic when they first arrived?

I don't think so. How big were C. Ronaldo and Vidic when they first arrived?

Yes but Vidic wasn't bought to replace anyone, just to strengthen the squad. The fact that he was so good was just brilliance on Fergie's part. And as for Ronaldo, why would United sign an 18 year old for £13m and give him the number 7 shirt? Every big team in the world had scouts on him and he was destinted to be world class. Remember this was before prices on players inflated so this was a lot at the time, you just wouldn't pay that much for an "unknown" player at that age.

for everyone who is saying think of the money and crap like that what about the core values of a team? to make a winning team it takes much more than money it takes players that play for the shirt and not for the cash. whoever you would buy from the money from selling J.T. would most likely be a mercenary a player that comes for the money. why not sell other money grabbers isntead??? why sell a player that brings something no one else to the club?

for everyone who is saying think of the money and crap like that what about the core values of a team? to make a winning team it takes much more than money it takes players that play for the shirt and not for the cash. whoever you would buy from the money from selling J.T. would most likely be a mercenary a player that comes for the money. why not sell other money grabbers isntead??? why sell a player that brings something no one else to the club?

Depends on who we buy. If we buy someone young with a lot of potential but isn't a big star yet, then no, he wouldn't be a money-grabber. At least not completely as he still has a lot to prove/achieve at the highest level...

Depends on who we buy. If we buy someone young with a lot of potential but isn't a big star yet, then no, he wouldn't be a money-grabber. At least not completely as he still has a lot to prove/achieve at the highest level...

yes but why sell a player from which you get so much???

players that play for the shirt a few and far my friend

yes but why sell a player from which you get so much???

players that play for the shirt a few and far my friend

There is no such players for big clubs. Yes, if you play for next to nothing for your local club then you will play for the shirt, otherwise I don't believe it. Not really, anyway.

Its not a case of just selling him. We have quality defenders within the squad and getting a shit load of cash for JT wouldnt be the end of the world.

If we sold Malouda we would need to spend twice the amount we get for him to get a better quality of replacement. If we sold Drogba, we would need to spend what we get for him and then some to get a quality replacement. This doesnt apply to JT I'm afraid. We could spend a fraction of what we could "potentially" get for him and still have a hell of alot money to strengthen the squad.

For me Alex is a player who's best suited to replace JT long term IF he was to be sold. PEople said they couldnt play together as they are similar in style. ALex alongside Riccy wouldnt be a bad partner ship. Imo it would be a case of as you were.

There is no such players for big clubs. Yes, if you play for next to nothing for your local club then you will play for the shirt, otherwise I don't believe it. Not really, anyway.

that is ridiculous!

my club is a perfect example of this, in 2006 my club went down to serie b and many money grabbers left but others stayed, players like alessandro del piero, gigi buffon, pavel nedved just to name a few. now of these players didnt love the shirt and play for it not money would they have stayed???

no, i beleive john terry is much like these players.

Its not a case of just selling him. We have quality defenders within the squad and getting a shit load of cash for JT wouldnt be the end of the world.

If we sold Malouda we would need to spend twice the amount we get for him to get a better quality of replacement. If we sold Drogba, we would need to spend what we get for him and then some to get a quality replacement. This doesnt apply to JT I'm afraid. We could spend a fraction of what we could "potentially" get for him and still have a hell of alot money to strengthen the squad.

For me Alex is a player who's best suited to replace JT long term IF he was to be sold. PEople said they couldnt play together as they are similar in style. ALex alongside Riccy wouldnt be a bad partner ship. Imo it would be a case of as you were.

yes but would alex bring the same thing to the club within it? not just on the field?

that is ridiculous!

my club is a perfect example of this, in 2006 my club went down to serie b and many money grabbers left but others stayed, players like alessandro del piero, gigi buffon, pavel nedved just to name a few. now of these players didnt love the shirt and play for it not money would they have stayed???

no, i beleive john terry is much like these players.

No, it isn't. It's realistic.

I'm sure they know Juventus would be back up within a year anyway so they didn't left. Would they stay if Juventus weren't allowed to go back to Serie A? The Italian FA could deduct a bucketload of points at the start of the season to make sure you don't go back up. I doubt it they would stay if a club in Serie A wants them, if that was the case.