Wolves 2-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

This is a MANAGERIAL defeat. 

I had said Poch, long term, is not the man because he fails to see and react proactively and would be found out be more nimble managers. 

Wolves, to my surprise, because I heard of their recent good run at home, started the match with a lowish intensity to their play. I wondered how they as a lowly team were able to win without the work rate.  We were matching their intensity and getting the better of them early in the game. Let us say the intensity rate was 50%

They then upped their intensity rate  - particularly defensive intensity - to about 75% - not that suffocating - at the minute 16th. A manager worth his salt would have recognized this and demanded his team respond -to match or surpass the opponents intensity. Even after the half time, it was clear this was not present. After their goal was scored we then went into the pre Sheffield way of lack of discipline, marking space and disorganization. Everything else fell apart from there. These are more fundamental problems than one or two missed chances here and there. 

Edited by Chuckso

Very poor defense.
I never seen so many give aways. They did n't score from those but it's terrible. What is Poch doing ?
Up front the usual - lost in the desert.
When you can't score but keep throwing men infront, the other team will score.
Like Nottingham Forest, Everton, like, like, like ...

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Chelsea is no longer a big club I 'm afraid.
A big club in need of repair needs two-three signings.
How many do we need ? 27 ?

We don't need 27, key signing is a WC CF some one to drag defenders and score goals, our movement is shocking and teams find it far to easy to defend against us.