Chelsea 0-1 Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

8 hours ago, Seymop said:

Declan Rice for one, Henderson or Pickford would have been better than Sanchez, Ivan Toney ( January is only 3 months away) and Jude Bellingham to name 4. We wouldn’t have got them all ,if any, but might have been better than signing multiple bang average players

You said originally four world class players down the spine.

Rice, Henderson, Pickford, Toney is laughable bruv, the only world class player you've picked is Bellingham and there never was a chance of signing him...and never will be.

Mind I do agree about Sanchez he's rubbish, I don't get why ship out Kepa for him, I know Kepa aint the bee's knee's but he's better than Sanchez

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

You said originally four world class players down the spine.

Rice, Henderson, Pickford, Toney is laughable bruv, the only world class player you've picked is Bellingham and there never was a chance of signing him...and never will be.

Mind I do agree about Sanchez he's rubbish, I don't get why ship out Kepa for him, I know Kepa aint the bee's knee's but he's better than Sanchez

I keep telling people it is a time and continuity thing - as well as having the right tactical setup. 

I'm so sick of hearing "if we just had this one player he'd transform us"... Been said about Enzo, Caceido, Nkunku now that he is injured, etc. 

We are talented enough. Caceido is better than Rice. Jackson is as good if not better than Toney. We are fine in terms of talent. It isn't an experience thing either. We have UCL winners on the field all over. World Cup winners. Mudryk has even played in big games in UCL. We are fine. The guys need time to gel, but Poch also needs to play players in their right positions. 

This playing people out of position shit cost Pep titles and massive games. Coming into a team that was struggling to string together good games and trying to get clever was going to garner even worse results. Keep it simple. 

4 atb, get Silva out, play Mudryk on the left, Sterling on the right. Let them play and make mistakes. We don't need to be crutched by a shit setup and chase games. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I keep telling people it is a time and continuity thing - as well as having the right tactical setup. 

I'm so sick of hearing "if we just had this one player he'd transform us"... Been said about Enzo, Caceido, Nkunku now that he is injured, etc. 

We are talented enough. Caceido is better than Rice. Jackson is as good if not better than Toney. We are fine in terms of talent. It isn't an experience thing either. We have UCL winners on the field all over. World Cup winners. Mudryk has even played in big games in UCL. We are fine. The guys need time to gel, but Poch also needs to play players in their right positions. 

This playing people out of position shit cost Pep titles and massive games. Coming into a team that was struggling to string together good games and trying to get clever was going to garner even worse results. Keep it simple. 

4 atb, get Silva out, play Mudryk on the left, Sterling on the right. Let them play and make mistakes. We don't need to be crutched by a shit setup and chase games. 

I don't think Poch will have that much time on his hands.  Considering our upcoming fixtures in October, November, December, he's gotta figure out the tactical setup as quick as possible....otherwise, it'll turn into Potter v2 and things will start to spiral in a bad way. 

I just hope we didn't add Poch as manager because he's another yes man who will 'accept' all these new signings....rather than going after someone like Enrique who wouldn't be happy with so many young players in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just hope we didn't add Poch as manager because he's another yes man who will 'accept' all these new signings....rather than going after someone like Enrique who wouldn't be happy with so many young players in the squad. 

I think he was sold the same concept as Potter - that he will be held accountable in 2 years or so, trust the process, work with talents etc. But they somehow miss the fact that fans are blood of the club and the scrutiny will come much sooner. Had there been no fans and some non-Britain-first media outrage that went out of PR control, Potter would still be here. I'm afraid he was sacked by Twitter, not the board, that doesn't put the decisive people in greatest light.

16 hours ago, Seymop said:

Declan Rice for one, Henderson or Pickford would have been better than Sanchez, Ivan Toney ( January is only 3 months away) and Jude Bellingham to name 4. We wouldn’t have got them all ,if any, but might have been better than signing multiple bang average players

Disagree. 

On many levels.

Bellingham was NEVER coming here.

Pickford is shit. (other keepers out there better than Sanchez or him)

You added a player not available then (Toney) who we very well may sign in January.

And I rate Caicedo over Rice (this is the only part that is debatable, IMHO).

After watching the game with a cool mind, I thought there was a lot of positive. 

Much better then last season, and I always thought this season we might not be the most consistent but if we see progress i would be happy. 

I would like to see this progress by November/December if possible. 

A lot of player still pre season mode, and chemistry will grow in the coming weeks. 

I would like for us to drop the 3 CB. I think we have a good personal to play just a back 4 with 2 CB. 

Chilly and James are best deployed as wingbacks and when they are fit and inform, they are our best or at least most important players and have been for a while. So it makes sense to try bring players for 3atb formation. But James is regulary injured so it makes wonder if we want to do that or pick a system that suits rest of the team. 

Anyway this rebuild always had to take time and we have to be patient, players will make mistakes, Poch will need to know the team etc but we need consistency there. 

However one thing that is pathetic 100% is that we still play like this with over 1BN spent. There is zero excuse on board for overspending, overpaying and bringing alot of shi*e in the club. Getting rid of Kepa and bringing Sanchez is just one example. Board has a goal, just a very bad one. 

One thing is transition period, so we obviously wont win title for next 2 years, but losing to relegation fodder at home while splashing 1bn is something else. At this rate we wont be in CL next year, two years in row which will likely bring a dark era, like Arse, Pool, United had/have. 

We should always try to return to top asap, bring some experience, some quality and some talent to develop. This board went all in on talent and we aint winning shit for a long time.

On 05/09/2023 at 05:47, Vesper said:

Disagree. 

On many levels.

Bellingham was NEVER coming here.

Pickford is shit. (other keepers out there better than Sanchez or him)

You added a player not available then (Toney) who we very well may sign in January.

And I rate Caicedo over Rice (this is the only part that is debatable, IMHO).

Potential? maybe... yet to be seen at this level.

Level of play right now? There should be no debate really.

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Potential? maybe... yet to be seen at this level.

Level of play right now? There should be no debate really.

Last season Caicedo played to a higher level than Rice IMHO.

Yes, Rice won the tier 3 Euro trophy, but throughout the entirety of the seaon Caicedo was the better player and on a better team. Rice had more iffy games than Caicedo did.

Rice was a major player for team that was often in danger of falling into a serious relegation battle. They collapsed in form from the year before.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Last season Caicedo played to a higher level than Rice IMHO.

Yes, Rice won the tier 3 Euro trophy, but throughout the entirety of the seaon Caicedo was the better player and on a better team. Rice had more iffy games than Caicedo did.

Rice was a major player for team that was often in danger of falling into a serious relegation battle. They collapsed in form from the year before.

I don't know. Rice did very well in the WC late stages and against very strong opposition.

The sample I have from Rice is much bigger than from Caicedo. Not to mention Caicedo looks really green to my eyes... miscontrolling the football is never nice for any player at this level, and he did that in 2 out of the 3 matches he played for us (one time leading to a goal and a loss). Yes, I know early days, but like I said, I was referring to "now."

Let me put it his way: if I have a big game next weekend and I had to choose between the two players, I'd pick Rice every time. In time that may change, but right now, easy one.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Top stuff that everyone wanted Alonso out for years, yet we still haven't made any improvement over him, rather opposite, and it turns out every two weeks we could really use Alonso 😂

55 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I don't know. Rice did very well in the WC late stages and against very strong opposition.

The sample I have from Rice is much bigger than from Caicedo. Not to mention Caicedo looks really green to my eyes... miscontrolling the football is never nice for any player at this level, and he did that in 2 out of the 3 matches he played for us (one time leading to a goal and a loss). Yes, I know early days, but like I said, I was referring to "now."

Let me put it his way: if I have a big game next weekend and I had to choose between the two players, I'd pick Rice every time. In time that may change, but right now, easy one.

time will tell

I am not to lose sleep over not buying Rice

I save that for not buying Tchou and Camavinga, lol