Chelsea 4-3 Brighton

James

Agreed Gallagher has looked good in preseason under Poch - he is still obviously a bit more technically limited, frankly less intelligent on the ball player than some of his colleagues but he is absolutely the classic guy that can perform in a system that he's been taught well and he brings a lot of qualities that we shouldn't underestimate. Should only consider selling him in a years time at this point - 100% worth seeing him under Poch, when he DOES play under a manager that suits him it will also help his value, and later we only sell him if we reach a point where we've somehow found some £12m south american who brings everything Gallagher does but is more intelligent on the ball and it becomes obvious the time is right. I think he will absolutely get a bunch of minutes as it stands.

Just now, Mhsc said:

Nicolas Jackson is Didier Drogba reborn. I'm so excited.

Think this is a bit early to tell. Drogba was an absolute nightmare for defenses to deal with because of his physicality. I think Carragher, who was a sh*thouse, admitted he hated playing him because he essentially couldn't deal with his strength. Additionally, Drogba didn't have Jackson's pace. From what I have seen so far he looks a bit more like a young Torres with better link play. Obviously, my sample size is very small as I haven't seen him at Villareal. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Think this is a bit early to tell. Drogba was an absolute nightmare for defenses to deal with because of his physicality. I think Carragher, who was a sh*thouse, admitted he hated playing him because he essentially couldn't deal with his strength. Additionally, Drogba didn't have Jackson's pace. From what I have seen so far he looks a bit more like a young Torres with better link play. Obviously, my sample size is very small as I haven't seen him at Villareal. 

Yeah I agree, he's not really like Drogba in lots of ways but I meant more in terms of the potential impact he will have in our team and how long we might get out of him. Feeling very excited about him.

Those who think we’ll struggle against low block this season I disagree. From the small sample the way Poch has us play in congested spaces with the one and two touch wall passing we will break down a lot of teams. I’m actually really excited for this season. Still think we need 3 more pieces - CM,CB and a GK. Coupled with less congested fixture list more time to be drilled in the new system the 2024/25 season could be our comeback year

3 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Those who think we’ll struggle against low block this season I disagree. From the small sample the way Poch has us play in congested spaces with the one and two touch wall passing we will break down a lot of teams. I’m actually really excited for this season. Still think we need 3 more pieces - CM,CB and a GK. Coupled with less congested fixture list more time to be drilled in the new system the 2024/25 season could be our comeback year

you already counted with kodus signing?

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Angelo Gabriel looked good. But reports said he's unlikely to qualify for a work permit

If a guy who's been playing regular first team football (120+ games) for a club in the Brazilian top division between the ages 15-18 doesn't qualify for a work permit then the system is flawed as fuck.

7 minutes ago, Mário César said:

you already counted with kodus signing?

I honestly like our left sided options if Angelo Gabriel can get his permit if not then we should get Kudus to maybe start at RW ahead of Noni and cover for Nkunku in the #10 

23 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I honestly like our left sided options if Angelo Gabriel can get his permit if not then we should get Kudus to maybe start at RW ahead of Noni and cover for Nkunku in the #10 

kudos will cover several attacking positions and I think in attack we're closed

we need a proper center midfielder, a center back sadly and a goalkeeper and its ok 

I don't know anymore if we only need just a single midfielder or two because we already have plenty of talent and options to our midfieldr but I don't know if some are ready or needed a new loan 

Edited by Mário César

I feel like we're gonna score a lot of goals but it will take Poch a while to get us polished at the back, we still look very vulnerable with players losing their man too easily in defense, and Kepa is decent but not the kind of keeper that is gonna hard carry us when young players make mistakes. Gusto looks like an inspired signing but we've sunk so much money into LB and I am still not convinced by our players there, I do not think either Chilwell or Cucu is good at defending vs a fast, skilled opponent and we will be very vulnerable against the 'wrong' opposition, but we've spent so much money on them it feels like we're committed.

We've also just got a lack of stability at the back caused by persistent injury problems, which hopefully Malo and Colwill can help solve - probably a backline of Malo, Thiago, Colwill and Cucurella or Maatsen could stay fit for the season pretty feasibly and develop a rock solid understanding of each other. I am expecting Reece and Chilly to drop like flies as always, but hoping Reece moves position and achieves some longevity as a DM.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

Angelo Gabriel looked good. But reports said he's unlikely to qualify for a work permit

If we do sign Kudus we're going to be stocked in his position in any case.

The UK just relaxed the work permits for professional athletes. He may.

I just realized it was two give and goes that created this goal. I am really impressed with Jackson’s touch and vision!!