Chelsea 4-3 Brighton

James

I hope that that was a pure mistake by Colwill because if it had just a tiny hint of him gifting the pen because he felt sorry for his old team, that would be very unprofessional.

Also Cucu on their third goal gave me flashbacks of last season. Always so rash and getting easily tricked.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

This Angelo kid has to be starting over Sterling. He just has to be... he is soo tidy on ball. Looks super comfortable and electric pace. Brilliant little player by the looks of things.

Yesterday, i just watched one compilation that compare madueke and angelo.

I like, hmm wow this kid actually look so so good, but is it just because this is just clip/compilation that makes him looks much better than he actually is.

But after i watch his performance today, i get more convinced by him, his raw potential is so promising.

Angelo is so tidy on the ball, there's some flair, creativity, pace and vision

What a young player. Poch should give much focus on developing him

And now, i didn't really like the idea about the potential of having Kudus. Buying him only regressed Angelo minutes in our first team,

it should be sterling who got the less minutes, but you know what will be happen if we buy kudus with relatively high price 

Edited by dimmas

31 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I can’t believe there are people who actually think he gave them a penalty on purpose.. he was tired and made an error.. really silly to think a professional would behave that way

Poor effort to divert the ball.
But Cucu was covering - there was no need.

4 hours ago, Alabama said:

Can we please leave Angelo Gabriel and not loan him out?

The kid is gonna be massive...let him compete with  sterling/madueke/or whoever...

Angelo Gabriel looked good. But reports said he's unlikely to qualify for a work permit

If we do sign Kudus we're going to be stocked in his position in any case.

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Sterling has looked so bad. 

Unfortunately, I can see Angelo going on loan to Strasbourg being one of the best players in Ligue1, performing every week while we are stuck with Sterling who will just continue from last season. But on a positive note, Mudryk will start as LW, Kudus as RW, Madueke sub there and Nkunku can occupy that positions as well so hopefully we won't see much Sterling. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Angelo Gabriel looked good. But reports said he's unlikely to qualify for a work permit

That was concern in back of my mind. Would he need one to play at Strasbourg? I think it would probably be better for him to have a loan anyway, kid too good to have a risk of not being a starter.

Cucurella  CB still not a good idea . Jackson is the class with his positioning and his passing  and in front of the goal he is merciless obviously . 

Andrey Santos was class too . Good game for Nkunku ,Gusto and  Gallagher .

7 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

He looks like an absolute gem. Amazing close control and dribbling skills, but he also seem to have awesome vision and a deadly pass in the locker. I for one, am completely hyped by this young lad. I think he'll be massive!!!

Problem with him staying is the work permit. I think it is almost certain he will have to be loaned to Portugal and try and break his way into the Brazil international team. 

7 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Gallagher is a great option when we are drawing or losing, 30 mins to go and we need someone who just runs, wins some balls and shoots. He should never be a starter tho. 

Agreed. However, he is capable of starting smaller games. I just don't get the critics of Gallagher. He works hard, keeps his head down, has always proven people wrong (he wasn't that highly rated in the development teams until late on) and he really wants to be here. For sure, he isn't Super technical, but all good/great teams have a player like this. I mean, SAF at Utd was an expert at having players like him in all his good sides. 

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Imagine Caicedo in the pivot with Enzo. Oh my good giddy aunt... we are actually looking like a proper outfit again.

It is only preseason, not too much can be read into the performances. For instance, Jackson is never getting such a high line to play against in the PL that he got last night. 

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

Because if you listen to most people on here they just want players who have good highlights and are flashy. Gallagher is perfectly fine as a squad player who can get some minutes, especially when we need to close games down. 

I just watched the game. He did very well. Paid attention to him. Don't understand critics during the game. I feel he is scapegoat like Alonso before for no reason. Unfair. From what I saw so far in 2 games all Gallagher, Casadei and Santos deserve to stay with Enzo and Caicedo. 6th MF will be attacking one like Kudus. 3 of those 6 players should always be on the pitch. Pretty much everyone thought Nkunku would be AM in 4231 but cannot see it after first two games. He is goalscorer, exclusively final third player. When he is on with Jackson, he will play winger I think. We thought we don't have numbers in MF just a couple of days ago but all of them impressed so after we buy Caicedo I don't see a reason to even think about Lavia. With no European football we need to be careful with numbers. 11 players for 6 positions is perfect. 3 MF spots we have Enzo, Caicedo, Santos, Casadei, Gallagher. 3 attacking positions we have Jackson, Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk and Madueke. Plus Kudus who will occupy both areas. So he fits like a glove. Hopefully we wrap Caicedo and Kudus next week and that's it. After that only need to think about Kepa competition and maybe new CB because of Fofana injury. Broja, Chuck, Hall, Moreira all need to go on loan. Angelo as well because of work permit. Not sure about Maatsen. Cannot see him getting minutes here. Interesting in later part of the game how Cucurella moved to DM area when we were attacking hence why assist. Good game a lot of positives. Just a friendly but first win against Brighton after 5 games.