Starting XI for Next Season

James

With the inclusion of Moisés Caicedo, what would be your starting lineup for next season?

Mine would be something like this.

Kepa

James-----Thiago Silva----- Fofana-----Chilwell           

Caicedo ----- Enzo

Nkunku

Madueke -----Jackson-----Sterling

3 hours ago, James said:

With the inclusion of Moisés Caicedo, what would be your starting lineup for next season?

Kepa

Caicedo ----- Enzo

Nkunku

I think that is weaker than last years team. That is before we get to the squad depth. Need at least a CF, GK and probably another AM if Caicedo is brought, just for the first XI. Although, maybe MM will come good, so the AM will be a need as a squad option. 

6 hours ago, James said:

Kepa

Caicedo ----- Enzo

Nkunku

This front 3 will firmly keep us 12th.

Such lack of quality.....

4 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

What position is GJ again? 

Goal-jockey, who will tap in one after another, never stop innovating.

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Unproven doesn’t mean not hungry. I’d like to assess the team better after seeing the first preseason game I think even that will give us an idea to the extent we will suffer this season

Hungry means nothing without skill and skill doesn't mean much without being hungry. If the plan works and hunger will be there, we surely will be competitive, question remains whether we will compete for top 4 or top 10. I want to believe, but I'm afraid owners may be aiming for another Ted Lasso story attempt, after failure with "young and hungry underdog" Graham Potter.

36 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Average age of 22, crazy. Will either be an amazing season full of promise and excitement or an absolute car crash. There's no in-between.

Perhaps true, yet I'd wait for club to actually get Caicedo in and resolve Colwill situation before drawing conclusions. We still may pull some unexpected moves after that. Just looking at this picture I think Mudryk and Madueke need to step up very, very, very fast to be starting XI quality players, even judging by our last season performance as a team, where the starting XI wasn't of starting XI quality, yet they were below this bar. It's not like Colwill is walking into this team like a boss for free.

Edited by Vegetable