Man City 1-0 Chelsea

James

I didn't watch any Chelsea games last month or two. Lampard still with no clean sheet in 9 games. Won't have in next 2 either. Bruno had one in his only game here and even Potter in 2 of last 5 games. 

I know folks are still hoping that Madueke and Mudryc eventually deliver the goods, but they look pretty raw at the moment. Their decisions are consistently wrong. As I said earlier, I don't think they are going to be top players... think that ship has sailed for both, but perhaps can still become good players--right now they aren't.

These are just pre season games under a different manager ... that's what it is about. 

My problem with these games are why are we not giving our youth a chance (baring Hall no one seems to be part), the current boys have already received a lot. 

48 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

pathetic lot, enough said

Honestly have no idea what you was expecting from this game. Put worst form in years put worst season on years and we lost 1:0 to a team that might pull the treble off this season? It could be worse pal 

City played the B team, but given the last few months, what was actually expected here, except the obvious? If Lampard cannot afford to play the youth, that was frozen out the entire season, yet may be the last few people who hadn't given up completely, nothing will change. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

City played the B team, but given the last few months, what was actually expected here, except the obvious? If Lampard cannot afford to play the youth, that was frozen out the entire season, yet may be the last few people who hadn't given up completely, nothing will change. 

I think Lampard is just giving minutes to players who HE thinks deserve to start under the new manager next season.

Namely Sterling and Gallagher. He knows he's not going to continue next season, so this is his recourse. He could have started playing youth players ages ago.

What job?! He honestly should be ashamed.

Most people will actually have a dislike for him after the season ends rather than remember the good times here during his playing career.

49 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

What job?! He honestly should be ashamed.

Most people will actually have a dislike for him after the season ends rather than remember the good times here during his playing career.

Probably picking a team that makes sense so he can explain to future employers. In no way is he playing a team for Chelsea's future. Hall only appearing because of injuries. 

Lampard might be the most useless manager in premier league history. Giving a chance to younger players was pretty much the only way he could have had a positive impact on this season. He needs to retire from management and stay away from football in general because he’s clueless off the pitch.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Probably picking a team that makes sense so he can explain to future employers. In no way is he playing a team for Chelsea's future. Hall only appearing because of injuries. 

Exactly. How is he going to explain only being able to win 1 out of 11? 

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

That was a fix, 1-0.
Pep does n't like to hurt people.

Agreed...he was definitely going easy on us and Frank., especially after this nightmare of a season.

Honestly if Lampard wants to seriously resuscitate his coaching career, he should spend a couple of years shadowing a manager like Pep, or even Ancelloti.

I would have expected him to pick up a few things in his playing days. Clearly needs more lessons

Edited by Blue Armour

On 22/05/2023 at 18:09, Blue Armour said:

Agreed...he was definitely going easy on us and Frank., especially after this nightmare of a season.

Honestly if Lampard wants to seriously resuscitate his coaching career, he should spend a couple of years shadowing a manager like Pep, or even Ancelloti.

I would have expected him to pick up a few things in his playing days. Clearly needs more lessons

Not all great players become good managers, even when they try.
From the Greeks:
Sideris became a gold merchant
Nestoridis-Papaioannou-Mavros-Nikolaidis: No
Anastopoulos: Yes, of smaller clubs
Negreponte-Maropoulos, the pre-war legends: Yes
Domazos: In his days as a player wanted to give orders to everybody but never became a manager.

Edited by cosmicway