The Next Manager?

Hiddink would be my first choice, otherwise Zola or a player manager in JT or finally Steve Holland - somebody with a connection to the club.

If we end up with Ramos then the board can go fuck themselves, it's completely unacceptable to sack a manager of Jose's quality and replace him with an unknown caretaker.

The issue here is that you're looking at another short-term appointment to come in and apply his style in a half-arsed way for a few seasons with some success (if the board backs him) and then be replaced by someone who will do something else.

I think the club has to have a frank discussion about what it actually wants to be and not just in the sort-term, but over the next decade and beyond. The issue there is that no-one seems to be in a position to say that to Roman who is a great man, but not the technician of a footballing dynasty.

We don't need a manager, we need an identity.

Brilliant post man.

Exactly what I was thinking ..

Brilliant post man.

Exactly what I was thinking ..

Problem is - nothing in the world is viewed as long term now, literally everything is about short term instant gratification

From deliveries to consumer goods to fashion - it's everywhere...

The world is now an impatient place - long term stability has no place in this world.

I think we just have to accept that

Problem is - nothing in the world is viewed as long term now, literally everything is about short term instant gratification

The world is now an impatient place - long term stability has no place in this world.

But any successful company that offers short term gratification has an overarching idea of where it wants to get to over a period of time and a set of principles it holds true. We don't.

We have placed short term panic ahead of any type of long term plan. What is our identity as a club now and do we trust Roman?

But any successful company that offers short term gratification has an overarching idea of where it wants to get to over a period of time and a set of principles it holds true. We don't.

We have placed short term panic ahead of any type of long term plan. What is our identity as a club now and do we trust Roman?

Yes, in that respect we are no further forward than when Bates took over.

Back then our policy was to buy ageing stars and grab a few seasons out of them.

Then Ranieri purchased some younger players and the rest is history...

I think our overarching principle is to be as successful in the next 10 years as we have in the past 10 years.

In that respect, sadly, the end often justifies the means.

So I'm fully prepared to be having this discussion again within 18 months, the only time this will become an issue is if we remain trophy ? free during that period, then it can be considered a failure. Otherwise it's rinse and repeat...

I'm not saying this is ideal! But more of a sad realisation...

When Mourinho took over, I thought it was a mistake because we had the wrong sorts of players for him to build his team, so, we sold them and bought more fitting players. Now, however, we are a mess with no style and no sound of the club so anyone can take over and rebuild. Something I think is missing from a lot of name managers is the ability to be flexible. Mourinho, Van Gaal, etc... they have to build their teams to play a specific way. You'd think that a good manager could just get the best out of their players no matter what the system.

"I don't know if it's confirmed, if the club has announced it, but Guus told me earlier," Kezman, who played for Chelsea between 2004 and 2005, is quoted as telling Croatian tabloid Index .

"He is a top coach who knows what to do every time. He knows when to tighten the belt, but also when to loosen. He is a good coach and even better psychologist.

"I'm convinced that with him Chelsea will recover and rise in the table, and I'd also say they are one of the favourites for the Champions League."

Might be the only one but I'm really not a fan of Simone. He makes Jose look more gentleman-like than Ancelotti!

What has Simeone done to give you this impression? Remember that we're not talking Football here. It's quite obvious that his personality is nothing like Jose's. Simeone doesn't build that siege mentality which only lasts for a while anyways(Simeone has been at Atletico for 5 years) and more importantly doesn't bring the club's image down by making ridiculous statements in the press.

I would say Simeone is much more passionate than Mourinho on the pitch and much less of a shit disturber on the outside. I've always found Simeone an alright gentleman.

I still wouldn't want him here though but that's just me. I like someone who focuses more on the attacking sides of the game.