8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

On 16/07/2024 at 14:03, YorkshireBlue said:

Yeah having fun, when u won the euros did cucu go around signing about black french players? No, no he didn't, what your failing to understand is the amount of black players particularly black french players we have in our squad, considering football has had a massive campaign going onto kick racism out of football this is going to go down like a shit butty, I'm not bothered about external noise but this could cause huge damage and a rift in the squad, exactly what we don't need.

Upto Maresca to sort it out, if other players take issue with this (very likely).

Enzo has already given him an uphill task as a new manager.

I hope this gets sorted and is delt with quickly. Enzo was moronic to post such a thing and should face the consequences, with these likely being a FIFA ban and a club fine. 

After that, he needs to apologise for the insensitivity of the post to the squad. After that, the squad can make comments about what their thoughts are as piping up on social media to either support or defend Enzo is just adding to the noise further. 

25 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I hope this gets sorted and is delt with quickly. Enzo was moronic to post such a thing and should face the consequences, with these likely being a FIFA ban and a club fine. 

After that, he needs to apologise for the insensitivity of the post to the squad. After that, the squad can make comments about what their thoughts are as piping up on social media to either support or defend Enzo is just adding to the noise further. 

He might be looking at multi-month ban

maybe, say, 6 months or so

FIFA will not be very lenient I fear

The Argies on their way to becoming globally hated.................

Argentina fires sports undersecretary for demanding Messi's apology in racism controversy

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/sports/football/argentina-fires-sports-undersecretary-for-demanding-messi-s-apology-in-racism-controversy-4771647.html

messienzo172124863348251721248-1357-9574

Captain Lionel Messi (R) and Enzo Fernandez at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where Argentina beat France on penalties in the final. Fernandez recently shared a controversial video on his Instagram account in which he and his teammates chanted racist remarks againsts players of France national football team. Photo by Reuters

Julio Garro lost his position as sports undersecretary of Argentina after he demanded captain Lionel Messi to apologize for the team's recent racism incident.

A video shared by Argentina star midfielder Enzo Fernandez on his Instagram account caused public outrage after he and his teammates chanted racist and discriminatory remarks aimed directly at the players of France national football team on the bus to the airport after their Copa America win on July 15.

Although Messi was reportedly not on the bus at the time of the incident, Garro, who was appointed Argentina's sports undersecretary this year, demanded an apology from him and Argentine Football Association (AFA) Claudio Tapia.

"The national team captain must also come out to apologize for this case. The same [goes for] AFA president. I think it is appropriate. It leaves us as a country in a bad position, with so much glory," Garro said.

After Garro's statements, Argentina President Javier Millei's Office stated on X: "No government can tell what to comment, what to think or what to do to the Argentina national team, world champion and two-time Copa America winner, or to any other citizen. For this reason, Julio Garro ceases to be the nation's sports undersecretary."

Garro then apologized for his statement and said that "offending anyone was never my intention, and that is why I have offered my resignation, although I will always be on the other side of discrimination in all its forms."

Argentina Vice President Victoria Villarruel also spoke out on social media, defending Fernandez and his teammates.

"We have never imposed our lifestyle on anyone and will not allow anyone to do that to us," she wrote. "No country can threaten us with a song that only talks about the truth that they refuse to admit. Enough of pretending to be angry, you hypocrites. Enzo, I support you. Messi, thank you for everything."

Argentina Olympic team coach Javier Mascherano also supported Fernandez, saying that racism is not present in Argentina. "We have to understand each country's culture," Mascherano said. "Sometimes a joke can be misunderstood. I know Enzo is a good guy."

Fernandez and several other Argentina players are being investigated by Chelsea and FIFA because of the chant, which stated: "They play for France, but their parents are from Angola. Their mother is from Cameroon, while their father is from Nigeria. But their passport says French."

The French Football Federation condemned the remarks and has filed a complaint to FIFA.

Fernandez was unfollowed on social networks by three French players of Chelsea - Axel Disasi, Wesley Fofana and Malo Gusto. He later apologized and said "there are no words to justify his action."

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The thing with this is are FIFA going to throw the book at one player when it is pretty clear that multiple players/staff, etc, if not everybody on that bus is singing.

The FA will have a similar issue. Alvarez is sat next to Enzo, if they ban him would they ban both. 

Whilst I think Enzo should be disciplined in some capacity, it'll be frankly ridiculous if he's the only one who takes full punishment for this. I can see a multi game ban potentially happening, but whether it's FIFA or the FA, it'll be interesting whether they conduct investigations as to who else is clearly involved in the matter.

I read somewhere that the other English clubs with Argentinean representation have remained silent on the matter because there is no obvious proof of their own singing this song. I think that's a huge cop out to be honest. These clubs should be conducting similar investigations themselves of their own players, considering education on the matter, etc, and it's something I would expect of Chelsea to do if they were in that position. If football as a whole is actually going to stand up, wake up and deal with racism and discrimination in the game then this involves everybody. Actions speak louder than words, and unfortunately too many are willing to sweep things under the carpet unless they're put in a situation whereby they're forced to act.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Suarez got 8 matches and a fine. Hard to compare racist acts but I wouldn't have thought this was worse than what he did. 

50 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Suarez got 8 matches and a fine. Hard to compare racist acts but I wouldn't have thought this was worse than what he did. 

That happened almost 13 years ago; things have drastically changed.

I'd imagine him (and most likely those caught on film) will be facing serious bans considering it took place while on NT duty.

FYI, we are also doing our own investigation as well.

Edited by LAM09

Rodrido De Paul's post on this completely sums it up if someone can link it, shame on Fofana as well, literally sums up this toxic social media generation. Call Enzo, say wtf, sort it, done.

10 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Rodrido De Paul's post on this completely sums it up if someone can link it, shame on Fofana as well, literally sums up this toxic social media generation. Call Enzo, say wtf, sort it, done.

Shit take if the disrespect can happen in public so can the calling out of the disrespect. De Paul and you indicate that it is okay to do what they did in a public setting but calling them out should be done privately. Racist remarks should be condemned in a Public setting. So, the victims of the disrespect are told that they should get their apologies in private or not let their feelings be known as not being okay.

I'm a white male, I ain't gonna sit here and tell a black man how he should feel or react to racist chanting or behaviour aimed directly at him, he either finds it offensive or he doesn't, his decision on what he does. 

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Shit take if the disrespect can happen in public so can the calling out of the disrespect. De Paul and you indicate that it is okay to do what they did in a public setting but calling them out should be done privately. Racist remarks should be condemned in a Public setting. So, the victims of the disrespect are told that they should get their apologies in private or not let their feelings be known as not being okay.

He is employed by Chelsea, should think about Chelsea as well before doing something, his post only put more gas on fire especially someone like him who hasn't contributed to shit for this club. Gusto and the rest said nothing, despite most likely being just as angry as well.

Edited by TheHulk

30 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He is employed by Chelsea, should think about Chelsea as well before doing something, his post only put more gas on fire especially someone like him who hasn't contributed to shit for this club. Gusto and the rest said nothing, despite most likely being just as angry as well.

Enzo is also employed to Chelsea, as if your making more of a stance on fofana for been racially abused rather than 1 of the blokes that did it? I'm not gunna bullshit you, but ATM your defending Enzo far to much to the point your actually coming of as if this is acceptable behaviour and people that speak out against this sorta behaviour are the ones on the wrong.... I suggest you read my post above and stop telling black lads how to feel and react after getting racially abused (assuming your white) but even still your not french so you still have no leg to stand on.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

What the hell is wrong with him? I'm poc too and very angry on this guy.

He can't stay fit for more than 3 games but tries to destroy the team. 

Might need some context to this as it is just a picture of fofana .......