27. Malo Gusto

ZAPHOD2319

43 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Wonderful news. He's been unavailable for weeks due to red card. This is a great chance to get injured in some friendly game against Lithuania so we can start with Cucurella RB and Colwill LB against Arse.

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I consider Colwill our starting LB and expect it to continue like this full season. 

Agreed.

Of course, things change during a long season: opponents figure out how to play your team, which forces the manager to make changes.

Say Chilwell comes back and then gets into some good form, and if he remains playing sterling on the right wing, that could work (Sterling defends well).

On 09/10/2023 at 11:54, robsblubot said:

Agreed.

Of course, things change during a long season: opponents figure out how to play your team, which forces the manager to make changes.

Say Chilwell comes back and then gets into some good form, and if he remains playing sterling on the right wing, that could work (Sterling defends well).

Judging from what i've seen, Poch wants at least 5 aerial dominate players on the pitch if available. Which makes sense as if we can do away with the individual errors, we will get more points as these bottom half clubs relying on shitehouse tactics are mitigated.  I anticipate Nkunku and Jackson to alternate at CAM and ST dynamically.  Sterling starts at LW with Mudryk as back up. The issue then is how to fit Palmer, Carney, and Gallagher when all fit. Does Poch continue with Gallagher? 

Not sure about you, but I particularly don't rate Chilwell that great of a LB.

LWB sure, but LB, not for me. 

Think this will be our XI with everyone fit. 

Sanchez

James Disasi Badiashile Colwill

Caicedo Enzo

Palmer Nkunku Sterling

Jackson

Broja, Gallagher, Mudryk, Madueke, Carney, Lavia, Lesley, Gusto, Cucurella, Chilwell, Silva, Chalobah, Petrovic

Edited by MoroccanBlue

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Judging from what i've seen, Poch wants at least 5 aerial dominate players on the pitch if available. Which makes sense as if we can do away with the individual errors, we will get more points as these bottom half clubs relying on shitehouse tactics are mitigated.  I anticipate Nkunku and Jackson to alternate at CAM and ST dynamically.  Sterling starts at LW with Mudryk as back up. The issue then is how to fit Palmer, Carney, and Gallagher when all fit. Does Poch continue with Gallagher? 

Not sure about you, but I particularly don't rate Chilwell that great of a LB.

LWB sure, but LB, not for me. 

Think this will be our XI with everyone fit. 

Sanchez

James Disasi Badiashile Colwill

Caicedo Enzo

Palmer Nkunku Sterling

Jackson

Broja, Gallagher, Mudryk, Madueke, Carney, Lavia, Lesley, Gusto, Cucurella, Chilwell, Silva, Chalobah, Petrovic

exactly! Yeah I mistyped it earlier, I meant Sterling on the LW like you said.

I agree that this is likely the best starting XI perhaps Gallagher/Nkunku depending on opposition.

I suspect he will play Silva a lot too, perhaps depending on the opposition esp because of the experience (& young squad).

18 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I suspect he will play Silva a lot too, perhaps depending on the opposition esp because of the experience (& young squad).

Think with everyone fit we are fine with regards to experience.

Sanchez

Disasi

James

Nkunku

Sterling 

Team needs to cut  the ambilocal cord off Silva sooner or later. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think with everyone fit we are fine with regards to experience.

Sanchez

Disasi

James

Nkunku

Sterling 

Team needs to cut  the ambilocal cord off Silva sooner or later. 

I agree with you regarding Silva. Was just trying to think what Poch will do tho.

It's still a pretty young squad with only Sterling, 28, as the real senior experienced played of the bunch. James is 23, but definitely has experience.
The others are new to the league and the rest of the squad has 19-22 yo players. Some of them physically look their age (Palmer).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/12/2023 at 07:14, DDA said:

Really impressed with this guy everytime he plays.

I can see him becoming the first choice RB given R.James injury woes.

very few acceptable RBs out there who are both remotely available and who would come here

Achraf Hakimi (will not come here)
Jeremie Frimpong (probably will not come here)

Nahuel Molina (will not come here either I wager)
Lutsharel Geertruida (best of the rest, but he is another Dutch league player, so it is a bit of a risk)

that's it other than two very young ones

a53d1bdf9af56b0db51a99450f068f3c.png

Matty Cash will not come here atm, not with Villa blowing up

Sacha Boey at Galatasaray is a dice roll

Benjamin Henrichs at RB Leipzig turns 28 in a little over a year, so we would only get 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him. and he never really reached his full potential