27. Malo Gusto

ZAPHOD2319

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I think Reece when fully fit and in form is a superior defender. 

I'll never forget his games against Madrid in the CL.

I haven't seen anything of that level from Gusto yet.

I disagree I don't think it's as cut and dry as fit and form because Gusto has shown that he could pocket some high calibre wingers in Doku and Diaz this season alone. Obviously, as we haven't been in the Champions League it's hard to determine against Europe's best but the kid is 20 years old and plays far beyond his years and will only get better. He is a willing runner for Palmer on the overlap all game and his engine is immense. To keep him healthy and on the pitch, Reece should be moved to CB if he has the ability for it would save us spending more millions on CB and he could always fill in at RB if needed.

On 17/03/2024 at 18:38, bluesman2610 said:

Reece might need a position change if he wants to play week in and week out barring him staying healthy of course. We used to say Reece attacking output nailed him as a starter but Gusto has shown he’s capable. 

Reece should've been moved to DM ages ago for a variety of reasons. Personally, I cannot wait until he comes back and gets Caishito out of the team. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Reece should've been moved to DM ages ago for a variety of reasons. Personally, I cannot wait until he comes back and gets Caishito out of the team. 

I don't get why people make these kind of schoolboy comments. Caicedo has not set the world alight, however he has definitely improved last few games. He is still very young as well and I am hopeful and think he will be a very stellar signing for years to come.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I don't get why people make these kind of schoolboy comments. Caicedo has not set the world alight, however he has definitely improved last few games. He is still very young as well and I am hopeful and think he will be a very stellar signing for years to come.

Exactly he's started to find his feet now in this team. If we didn't spend so much money on MF Reece may be an option for the CDM but I still think that might require too much running for him. Reece is better off playing RCB in a 2 or 3 where he can still step into midfield and influence the game.

4 hours ago, Stats said:

Other than run about a lot and make a nuisance of himself what does he do? His ability on the ball is what concerns me most, his positional play is also very poor. Reason he keeps having to make tackles from weird angles is because he has picked up the wrong position. In addition, if you're lucky enough to go to games, you'll frequently see Enzo and the WB's having to constantly talk/shout at him to move him into his correct position off the ball as he has a massive habit of chasing the ball. 

Honestly, once we get someone who can move the ball in a DM position and isn't a complete defensively/physical liability, the quicker people will see Caicedo is incredibly underwhelming. 

12 hours ago, King Kante said:

Other than run about a lot and make a nuisance of himself what does he do? His ability on the ball is what concerns me most, his positional play is also very poor. Reason he keeps having to make tackles from weird angles is because he has picked up the wrong position. In addition, if you're lucky enough to go to games, you'll frequently see Enzo and the WB's having to constantly talk/shout at him to move him into his correct position off the ball as he has a massive habit of chasing the ball. 

Honestly, once we get someone who can move the ball in a DM position and isn't a complete defensively/physical liability, the quicker people will see Caicedo is incredibly underwhelming. 

In recent games, he has recovered a lot of balls, made interceptions and made good passes also. The positioning I blame on Poch. All the players are over the place and sometimes he is left exposed. Enzo is frequently moving around the pitch. Yes I go to Stamford Bridge quite frequently and I have seen improvements from him. The transfer fee was a lot, but this is his first season at us and he is only recently turned 22. So give him some time and support as he has definitely improved and making comments such as 'Cashito' is quite silly. Maybe give one of our players support and recognise his improvements.`

39 minutes ago, Stats said:

In recent games, he has recovered a lot of balls, made interceptions and made good passes also. The positioning I blame on Poch. All the players are over the place and sometimes he is left exposed. Enzo is frequently moving around the pitch. Yes I go to Stamford Bridge quite frequently and I have seen improvements from him. The transfer fee was a lot, but this is his first season at us and he is only recently turned 22. So give him some time and support as he has definitely improved and making comments such as 'Cashito' is quite silly. Maybe give one of our players support and recognise his improvements.`

I support him in all the games. I do not boo my own players in the ground - Sterling I cannot stand but I will always still applaude him off the pitch - even if half-heatedly as my feelings are that crowd chanting can only have a positive impact if positive.

I'll admit the the naming was probably unwise, however it is a reflection on what my personal opinions/oberservations are of his skill set. Personally, I don't see the improvement you're talking about apart from the interceptions - however even then I have serious concerns about how he does this with the angles he comes in at; therefore, I believe his need to intercept so much - and especially in having to go down to ground to intercept - is largely due to his poor positional play to begin with, so he is essentially just trying to bail himself out most times. I honestly do believe once Lavia or even James come back and put in his position, we'll see a lot more stability in the side when trying to transition the ball from back to front and when dealing with counter attacks from the opposition. 

Edited by King Kante