Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace

ZAPHOD2319

21 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Who You thinking about? We have nine in registered first squad currently, including Castillo. Don't we need 8 for CL? Don't know if Chuka is HG after 21, but still

For UCL squad you need a minimum of 4 club trained and 4 association trained HG players.

Club-trained (5): Mount, James, RLC, Gallagher, Chalobah

Association-trained (4): Bettinelli, Chilwell, Chukwuemeka, Sterling

There's also Broja who would be eligible for the club-trained list but is still U21 so was eligible for the B list so he doesn't take a spot. Lewis Hall will also go to the B list.

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Deserved.

He did what he needed to do and made one really good save from Olise I think it was but it is a stretch giving him MOTM. Should have gone to Silva imo. Even Badiashille, Hall and Gallagher imo had solid games and were more deserving. Our defence pretty much kept them at bay. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Anyone know what happened with Fofana? 

From reported starting to not seeing any game time? Surely not an injury, but maybe already speaking out too early? 

Assuming you mean Datro Fofana.

Potter elected to bring on Aubemayang at 0-0 as he opted for 'true and tried' experience instead of ability.

I think he considered bringing him on at around the 75 min mark, but because our 1-0 lead was still at risk, he decided to just go defensive and resorted to Azpi and Kova instead. So Fofana went back to the bench.

I'm thinking this might be another Zakaria situation where Potter takes a long time to determine that a player is ready (although he gave him plenty of minutes in the cup game to be fair).

With all the incoming attackers and lack of domestic cup games, I'll be surprised if we see much more of Fofana this month. 

Probably best he goes on loan rather than rot on the bench.

Edited by Blue Armour

12 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Assuming you mean Datro Fofana.

Potter elected to bring on Aubemayang at 0-0 as he opted for 'true and tried' experience instead of ability.

I think he considered bringing him on at around the 75 min mark, but because our 1-0 lead was still at risk, he decided to just go defensive and resorted to Azpi and Kova instead. So Fofana went back to the bench.

I'm thinking this might be another Zakaria situation where Potter takes a long time to determine that a player is ready (although he gave him plenty of minutes in the cup game to be fair).

With all the incoming attackers and lack of domestic cup games, I'll be surprised if we see much more of Fofana this month. 

Probably best he goes on loan rather than rot on the bench.

Put him on against City and expect him to do wonders with this team around him lol...

Thought he had a good showing in the cup game, hence why I would like to see him a bit more against lower competition and not the best team in football.

22 minutes ago, Thor said:

Put him on against City and expect him to do wonders with this team around him lol...

Thought he had a good showing in the cup game, hence why I would like to see him a bit more against lower competition and not the best team in football.

I would have loved to seem him start., and agreed he did good against City.

But with Potter clearly putting Havertz and Aubameyang ahead of him in the pecking order, I'm not optimistic about seeing him anytime soon.

Edited by Blue Armour

4 hours ago, cfccrost said:

Still confused why Havertz is playing at Cf, his best position is amf. 😅

He likes to drop into midfield...

Probably because BOTH of the actual CFs we bought to play there are finished physically and mentally (Lukaku + Auba). Desperate times. I know we are all hoping Fofana is the answer but he might be quite raw still, they will be seeing a lot of him in training that we haven't had a chance to yet and maybe he isn't really ready yet.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nice to hear that about Kai. Much suited for him. But I read somewhere today Bayern will go for him in the summer.

Only saw one source but pretty bad, I think he will go only if Felix stay permanent.

15 minutes ago, Stats said:

He [Connor G] got booed towards the end of the game because Palace fans felt he was timewasting. He went down when Palace were looking to resume play and took a while to come up which irritated Palace players who got quite aggressive with him, which was strange considering all the players involved were ones he was with last season and most notably Guehi picked him up quite aggressively then shoved him and them lot grew up in the same academy. That is when he got booed. Before that they gave him a kind reception. One point he went to take a corner at their end and they were giving him an applause.

Thanks.

Sounds like the game and performance wasn't as bad as it might have been but the truth is that I was always missing this one to go to The Emirates instead. Bad performance by the women even though they got a point.