Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace

ZAPHOD2319

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Mase needs to be benched for a run of several games now. Please. We have 3 new attacking players and can afford to let him rest. He’s a total passenger out there and looks completely detached from the game. 

Was by far worst player on the pitch. And he is apparently fighting for a new contract? And wants some crazy money? We always speak about Mount leaving from Chelsea perspective but since he is apparently very angry when not playing (Lamps words) he should start thinking about it for himself. With latest additions there is absolutely no place for him in forwards position. In MF also we gonna get expensive player, Conor was very good today. Some young players also already here like Santos, Casadei, CC, maybe Russian guy. And we may play 4231 so Mount cannot play in pivot and for AM spot Nkunku, Felix are way ahead. 

I’m okay with that first of all there’s some players that need to go anyway in order to fund moves to strengthen the midfield and rb positions. Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Havertz, RLC, Lukaku. The only problem we can’t get rid of too many English players may get us in trouble.

8 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

The "ending player power" statement that leaked few days ago. Law (?) also reported some names who were supposedly given last chance to prove themselves. 

I like that. Jorginho and Mount come to my mind. And if they perform like lately nothing can saved them. I think it's already decided Ziyech and Pulisic are leaving. Plus they just came here but if we can find buyers for KK, Sterling, Auba it would be great. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I like that. Jorginho and Mount come to my mind. And if they perform like lately nothing can saved them. I think it's already decided Ziyech and Pulisic are leaving. Plus they just came here but if we can find buyers for KK, Sterling, Auba it would be great. 

Sadly same article mentions we plan on giving Mount a new contract, he's been one of the worst players all season and will get a contract only because he is an academy product.

Just now, Mário César said:

we are already given up of sterling? 

Actually no, I would keep him but not for starting 11. Is he ok with that? 

Forwards for next season: Mudryk, Havertz, Nkunku, Felix hopefully, Sterling. This is 5 sure for me. I guess youngsters can fill other spots for squad depth. 

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we are already given up of sterling? 

I think that he is one of the less problems that we had 

sell ziyech and pulisic it is much more important 

Sterling needs to play in a team that creates lots of chances against all opponents. Unless our ability to create changes he won’t be as effective as the attackers we are bringing in. 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Sadly same article mentions we plan on giving Mount a new contract, he's been one of the worst players all season and will get a contract only because he is an academy product.

Club should do to Mount what they did with Benfica. He rejected first contract offer which by reports was very good. So after recent performances they should offer him even less. It would send strong message that average players cannot fuck with us. 

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Club should do to Mount what they did with Benfica. He rejected first contract offer which by reports was very good. So after recent performances they should offer him even less. It would send strong message that average players cannot fuck with us. 

Unfortunately Homegrown players, especially decent ones, have quite strong starting position and they know it. If we'd offload him and RLC, we're in pickle unless Bellingham and Rice are coming.

Plus, he was good under Lampard and not Terrible under TT, so question is, what's the problem and how to fix it, if possible.

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Unfortunately Homegrown players, especially decent ones, have quite strong starting position and they know it. If we'd offload him and RLC, we're in pickle unless Bellingham and Rice are coming.

Plus, he was good under Lampard and not Terrible under TT, so question is, what's the problem and how to fix it, if possible.

Stop playing Mount as a winger, for starters.

With the new incomings he shouldn't have to, thankfully.

14 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

We're not in a pickle atall, we have HG players coming out of our ears including a direct replacement for Mount in the worst case.

I want him to stay but he's not irreplacable the same way James is and the contract offer has to reflect that 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We're not in a pickle atall, we have HG players coming out of our ears including a direct replacement for Mount in the worst case.

Who You thinking about? We have nine in registered first squad currently, including Castillo. Don't we need 8 for CL? Don't know if Chuka is HG after 21, but still

23 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Who You thinking about? We have nine in registered first squad currently, including Castillo. Don't we need 8 for CL? Don't know if Chuka is HG after 21, but still

Colwill and CHO to return next season. Hall, Chucky and Hutchinson will all qualify as HG when they get to ago 21.