Man City 4-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

16 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Know this is Silva's wife., but his opinion could not be too far removed.

She's practically talking about reinstating Tuchel., looks like.

Nah, she talking about her fling with JT. Probably.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

''Chelsea fans booed their team off at half-time and full time and also chanted for the former manager Thomas Tuchel and the former owner Roman Abramovich as they endured a fifth defeat in seven matches.''

''The Football Association, meanwhile, has condemned the chants of “Chelsea rent boys” from Manchester City fans during the game.''

Like Manure, the other Manc team's followers will be allowed to exhibit open homophobia with nothing of import done.

To fix this team is a Herculean task, having already wasted lots of money last summer uselessly.
To put it in numbers one billion plus is needed.
And when I say one billion it must be in one season. One billion in five-six seasons means nothing, given also that players come of age.

I 've seen in my lifetime a big Chelsea team destroyed. The 1971 team (Osgood-Cooke-Hudson ...).
After a few years we were playing second division football and only after Roman in the nineties did the world see us again.
But in 1971 the board was penniless. For three-four years there was not one tranfer made (good-medium quality-failed).
Now it's supposed to be a different Chelsea. But just the same the clouds are gathering.

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

To fix this team is a Herculean task, having already wasted lots of money last summer uselessly.
To put it in numbers one billion plus is needed.
And when I say one billion it must be in one season. One billion in five-six seasons means nothing, given also that players come of age.

I 've seen in my lifetime a big Chelsea team destroyed. The 1971 team (Osgood-Cooke-Hudson ...).
After a few years we were playing second division football and only after Roman in the nineties did the world see us again.
But in 1971 the board was penniless. For three-four years there was not one tranfer made (good-medium quality-failed).
Now it's supposed to be a different Chelsea. But just the same the clouds are gathering.

Please dont say things like this. I already feel like this fool is taking us to relegation. We wont be in UCL for years...

Potter needs to look after his job, forget about upsetting players.

Start by dumping KK, JORGINHO and HAVETZ

my team against Fulham would be ...

kepa

Chalobah       Silva        Humphreys/Badiashile

Azpi          Zakaria     Hall       Cucurella

Mount                Forfana              Chuk    

And with what Mount deserves to be in starting 11??

Its obvious that players dont know what to do with the ball on their feet. No tactic, nothing... Even movement is wrong. We relly on Tuchels implementation of short passes but guess players lost all. 

Even pressing is disaster. 

Edited by gdlk

6 hours ago, HEREIAM said:

kepa

please no more cucurella.

KK is ok in a 4-line defence, but is totally unable to play in a 3-line defence.

we need a striker. a real striker, someone like vlahovic or kane

6 hours ago, HEREIAM said:

I doubt it's that easy. The very moment dressing room revolts against him he is done and we have first signs of it already. Let alone the fact I doubt he ever got the dressing room behind him in the first place. You cannot be a manager for years if players are against you (and we are not having 23 new men in january, so there is that)  

On 08/01/2023 at 23:51, cosmicway said:

fter a few years we were playing second division football and only after Roman in the nineties did the world see us again.

David Hay joined for a reported £250,000 in 1974. At he time this was the second highest British transfer fee ever paid. It was though a typical Blues move. Getting carried away and overpaying for a flavour of the month player. Hay was a very ordinary footballer and did nothing for the club.

On 08/01/2023 at 17:47, We Hate Scouse said:

39 games 14 goals Haaland

42 games 15 goals Fofana

At least give the kid a chance before you write him off. 

DDF has bags of skill. As posted previously, I really like what I've seen from him in that regard. The charge against him is bad decision making or, putting it more bluntly, selfishness when on the ball. It's a serious, potentially fatal, flaw. It did for Daniel Sturridge and it may do for our new boy.

16 hours ago, HEREIAM said:

kepa

not Mount, not again please.

On 10/01/2023 at 03:30, OhForAGreavsie said:

David Hay joined for a reported £250,000 in 1974. At he time this was the second highest British transfer fee ever paid. It was though a typical Blues move. Getting carried away and overpaying for a flavour of the month player. Hay was a very ordinary footballer and did nothing for the club.

And Alan Hudson from us to Arsenal the previous record.
By 1974 the team of the cup winners cup was gone.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

And Alan Hudson from us to Arsenal the previous record.
By 1974 the team of the cup winners cup was gone.

Hudson moved from Chelsea to Stoke remember. He then later joined Arsenal from them.

I was scratching my head trying to remember who from the 1970 Cup Final side was still around in 1974. I came up with Bonetti, Harris, Hinton, Hutchinson, and McCreadie. Marvin only made the bench in '70 but, looking back with modern thinking about football, I reckon he was one of the better Blues' players of that era.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hudson moved from Chelsea to Stoke remember. He then later joined Arsenal from them.

I was scratching my head trying to remember who from the 1970 Cup Final side was still around in 1974. I came up with Bonetti, Harris, Hinton, Hutchinson, and McCreadie. Marvin only made the bench in '70 but, looking back with modern thinking about football, I reckon he was one of the better Blues' players of that era.

£240,000 was a European record was n't it ?
I thought it was Arsenal but extraordinary. How could Stoke afford that money ? 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That was the era started going in the Shed. One that was taken from us too soon (in 1977) was a fantastic player. Peter Houseman. Totally underrated and like Vialli a genuine nice guy.

His wife, himself and their two friends killed by a drunk driver who veered across the other side of the road. The drunk driver was an Etonian, son of a Tory MP so, you've guessed it, got off practically scot free.

5 hours ago, cosmicway said:

£240,000 was a European record was n't it ?
I thought it was Arsenal but extraordinary. How could Stoke afford that money ? 

Can't remember about the European transfer record for sure but I think it might not have been. I think I remember having a book, probably something like a Score annual, that showed the world record as being £400,000 for Luigi Riva around the time of the '70 World Cup. Might not have been Riva, might not have been 1970 but I'm sure it was £400,00. 🙂

Football finance was totally different in those days. Virtually no TV money and tiny gate receipts thanks to a combination of very low ticket prices and depressed attendances caused by hooliganism and racism. To put the prices in perspective; I bought my first season ticket in 1976. It cost me £22! This meant that there really wasn't a lot of difference between the budgets of the First Divison clubs. I don't remember the specific situation with Stoke, but maybe it was an owner who pumped money in. Whatever the source, it briefly made them one of the best sides in the country. They beat us in the '72 League Cup Final and later, propelled by Hudson's finest ever season, they finished runners up in the league.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That was the era started going in the Shed. One that was taken from us too soon (in 1977) was a fantastic player. Peter Houseman. Totally underrated and like Vialli a genuine nice guy.

His wife, himself and their two friends killed by a drunk driver who veered across the other side of the road. The drunk driver was an Etonian, son of a Tory MP so, you've guessed it, got off practically scot free.

My first game in The Shed (Whitewall), was a 3rd round FA Cup tie brought forward to new year's day 1974. In those days new years day was not a traditional football day. Very dull game finished 0-0 against Bristol Rovers if I remember right. May have misremembered some of the details but I'm sure it was an FA Cup game. 🙂

Did you go to the Houseman memorial game? Pretty sure I've still got the program. It was a single piece of card printed black and white on both sides.

P.S. Heard a chant of "We're the middle, we're the middle, we're the middle of the ..." during the Bournemouth game. Made me feel nicely nostalgic.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie