Man City 4-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As I've just said he could have used the young players and asked the board to reaccess when we had a better structure.

Maybe he said that and that was seen as contrary to Boehly's ambiton, hence Cucurella. Tuchel was always known for making weird players work very well, it would be strange if he'd suddenly lost his feel for players suitable for his system

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

''We said it, we know they have injuries.

With so many it is tough for them but that doesn't stop the players on the pitch putting a shift in, having an attitude, showing they belong in a Chelsea shirt. So the next two games are so important for them''

Are those Potter's words?

Edited by Blue Armour

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Maybe he said that and that was seen as contrary to Boehly's ambiton, hence Cucurella. Tuchel was always known for making weird players work very well, it would be strange if he'd suddenly lost his feel for players suitable for his system

He has historically been pretty sketchy (putting it mildly) in the market.

But I don't want to go too deep into it now as it will start sounding like a deflection from holding Potter accountable for these performances which is not the intention atall.

3 minutes ago, cfccrost said:

Senior players are abysmal with their efort

I think part of it is that our "senior" players now would actually be supporting players of previous teams. Stick them in a team full of leaders and warriors and they'd rub along ok, raised up by the level of their teammates. When it's on them to be the leaders and set the tone consistently, game-to-game ... nothing.

The exception is Silva of course!

21 minutes ago, HEREIAM said:

I know he’s got injuries but if he keeps his job and that’s a BIG if, he needs to show some balls and drop KK, Azpi, Mount, Havertz and Jorginho, play 3 at the back until James comes back

That's part of the problem: Second James comes back, he is masking the true state of this team, people shutting up and ultimately nothing changes. 

Edited by Vegetable

''There's a lot to digest and I'm sure the board will be dissecting everything, not just today but over the last six or seven games that they've failed to win.

There isn't anything from this performance, any structure, anything I'm seeing, that makes me think, yep, that's planning for the future - other than the signings they've brought in.

But if they haven't got a philosophy, a plan, a way they want to play, then how are these signings going to fit in and how are they going to move forward and progress?

''In the meantime, you've got egos, if you want to call them that, at the club who aren't performing so how do you move forward''

From bbc..basically everyone is tearing into the team and rightly so!

1 hour ago, milka said:

Fl93DFvWQAINn-c?format=jpg&name=small

Someone can remind me, did tuchel actually able to implement good style of play, integrating young player, being tactically flexible? I always afraid our ucl triumph hide many poor aspects while tuchel still here

What i still remember from tuchel regime was there also a lot of frustating and disappointing display, relatively poor against big five aswell, his team was very inconsistent to play some decent football.

In his 2nd year everything just getting worse, our football was very worrying, our team even play so awful against some asian and south american team in CWC. In his last one and half year, tuchel hardly able (or failed) to give some hope or certain indication he actually able to change and improve the team

Edited by dimmas

24 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Someone can remind me, did tuchel actually able to implement good style of play, integrating young player, being tactically flexible?

Didn't he impose quite relentless press, efficient distribution from the back and different approach to each opponent, at least in first season? Actually a lot of players had to overcome their weaknesses to pull it off, although we always missed a striker to capitalize on it. Rotation yeah, he was super stubborn, but again, we were actually competing for something, so not many opportunities to integrate youth.

I love how the "good football" became buzzword here, that actually means nothing but can be used as argument on any occasion. If some is thinking that any rebuild is making us playing some Pele-sque trickshot jorga bonito football in Premier League in XXI century then yeah, cool. We are also not banging in 5 every game without anyone who could at least pretend to be a striker. As for a team clearly worse than top3 we could only do so much and the manager can only "improve" so much without roster change. We can aim for clinical style of City, but it's different league of club management and recruitment.

TT had clearly reached the wall, but he did well with what he had and this whole "rebuild", done smartly, could greatly help him. What he did when he took over was a miracle, but it's not like he could go for 3 back to back CL wins with this squad and mess of club management. Getting constant CL football was actually more than we could expect, given the circumstances.

Edited by Vegetable

''Chelsea fans booed their team off at half-time and full time and also chanted for the former manager Thomas Tuchel and the former owner Roman Abramovich as they endured a fifth defeat in seven matches.''

''The Football Association, meanwhile, has condemned the chants of “Chelsea rent boys” from Manchester City fans during the game.''