Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

It was great to see Brana put in a great shift at RB. It was reminiscent of his performances there in the 2009-10 season.

The best RB in the league, commenting it he didn't feel that comfortable in that position. Legendary. Yesterday I was really sad, seeing Ivan on the bench among other subs. 'Thankfully' Bosingwa made a blatant tackle so all Brano has to do now is to perform like always and he's back in the starting XI. Hopefully. I've always said that, he's a wonderful footballer.

With Vidic retiring from Serbia, do you think Ivanovic will take the captaincy?

It could happen and I really hope it does, but Vidic has also said that he won't retire yet and that he was angry when he said he is leaving. Also, it depends on who our new coach is so I dunno yet. But for me, he is the best candidate for a captain after Vidic.

• 2 weeks later...

Ivan looked a little more comfortable at RB yesterday and reverting to the old Ash-JT-Alex-Bran back four paid rich dividends. I believe that should be our backline for the remainder of the season.

Alex has started two league games this season. We've kept two clean sheets.

I think a back 4 of Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole is by far our best defence. Alex is good, but sadly he just doesn't have the pace for the high line defence. Playing Ivanovic in the RB (and imo he is the best RB in the league) would take the pressure of Luiz' forward runs since he is much more capable of dropping down than Bosingwa, personally I think these 4 would make a really great defence for Chelsea.

Alex did make a few mistake's yesterday, he looks a bit rusty right now but if he can get back on top form it will be a fantastic boost for us no doubt.

But for Liverpool however we must play Ivan-Luiz-Terry-Cole, the high line against Suarez will be hard enough with Luiz and his pace, without it would be suicide.

Hopefully Ivan is first choice RB now, he doesn't convince me in the centre yet on the right he might aswell have a sign on his head to the left sided wingers saying no way through here fuck off.

Serbia played Mexico over the night and I have 2 things to tell you.

Ivanovic beat the SHIT out of Hernandez and he was the captain for the last 30mins. I think that he will be the next captain most likely :)

Serbia played Mexico over the night and I have 2 things to tell you.

Ivanovic beat the SHIT out of Hernandez and he was the captain for the last 30mins. I think that he will be the next captain most likely :)

Wonderful news. I think he should definitely be our no.2 or no.3 when Frank and JT retire. I was very disappointed when Malouda was the captain against Everton