Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

To me ivanovic is the top priority To sign to a new contract Yip higher than dear kakuta

Hes our only current top class Defender thats been injury free

and where will we find Another Defender of his class At the same Age for 8 million

I dont know where

and we will drop the ball So badly if we lose him

and bayern and inter can go sniff the shit off their pants instead

Branislav Ivanovic doesn't want to be Chelsea wide boy! Defender could leave if Carlo Ancelotti pushes him on to the flank

Branislav Ivanovic could quit Chelsea if he is shunted back out to right back, the Serbia defender's agent has warned.

Dejan Joksimovic has dismissed links to Inter Milan and Bayern Munich as speculation, but admits the 26-year-old could be reluctant to sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge if things don't change.

Ivanovic was named in the Barclays Premier League team of the year after impressing at right back for champions Chelsea in Jose Bosingwa's long-term absence last season.

The former Lokomotiv Moscow player has enjoyed a run in the centre of defence recently because of injuries to John Terry and Alex, but fears he will be once more moved out of his favourite position.

'The player's contract with Chelsea still has a year and a half to run,' said agent Joksimovic.

'The club itself is fine, the only problem Ivanovic has is his position, as he prefers to play as a centre back and instead he is often used as a right back.

'We will talk to Chelsea at the appropriate time. If he is offered a new contract and we agree on all aspects then he will sign. But if not, at that point, we will consider the possibility of moving to maybe a great club like Inter. But for now, I repeat, there is absolutely nothing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz17QU0Xmqn

• 2 months later...

Fantastic ews . One of the standout performers ever since Hiddink firmly put him on the map and easily a fan favourite . This was being talked about for a while but to finally get the news that he's staying for a further 5 years is brilliant. Seems like we're tying down the best talent by dishing out 5 and a half year deals , good stuff from the board .blue%20scalf.gif

One of my favourite Bane moments , besides the 2 goals at Anfield, hugging Frank fiercely after the 2nd goal at the Liverpool game last season.

Clip_MOTD2-02-05-10albiondean015513.gif

LEMME AT HIM ! LEMMME

CB Pecking order

1. Terry (Untouchable, Carlo's maldini)

2. David Luiz (if his debut is anything to go by, just a matter of time before he's a guaranteed starter imo)

3. Ivanovic

4. Alex (his days are numbered after Branislav's new contract)

I wouldn't be so sure about Terry. He has some problems with fitness. I seriously doubt that he will play as long as Maldini if he keeps playing regularly.

He is my candidate for bench, not to sit whole season, but he shouldn't play as much as he plays now.