Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

We've got three right-backs at this club and we played Essien there...

He was the best right-back in russian premiership, when he was playing in Lokomotiv. Its very starnge for me, that he didnt started his league career in Chelsea <_<

Edited by Tesp

• 2 weeks later...

If so much wasn't on the line I'd say give him a shot and see what he can do in a match, but our D is stacked with proven performers, so why risk the game... Next year for him. I agree he will be good, and we need to develop more young talent, cuz the game isn't all about buying and then hoping the best will perform.

Well providing we hang on to everyone we will have Terry, Carvalho, Alex and Ivanovic as our 4 centre backs which to be honest is probably the best centre back group in a squad in the world!! Also Ivanovic can cover for right back if needed...................

He has looked good in reserve games, will do well for us i think

Completely forgot about this fella.

I know the Russian season starts at a different time to the Premiership so he probably wasn’t up to the fitness standard. So yeah, I agree he shouldn’t be risked until next season. Every game now is like a Cup Final for us…

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer Alex over him cuz he is way stronger,but Alex lacks pace if he had that he would be the perfect defender.

All credit to ivanovic for his great displays,and i hope he stays.But we must think about the future because Ivanovic and Mancienne are player's for the future.Riccy is a immense defender but he is over 30 and a few more season and he will pass his prime like every player does.