Charlotte 1 - 1 Chelsea (Pre-Season)

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Bakayoko, Miazga, Barkley, Kennedy, Bats are on their last year of their contracts right? At least loan them out and pay a portion or none of their salaries.. best we can do.

Reports suggest that Milan might have a legal obligation regarding Bakayoko but for the others, if there are no clubs willing to cost share on their contracts over the next season, pay them off and allow them to become free agents.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Look what Bayern and Barca have done to MLS opposition compared to this. We should be blowing this sort of team away no matter who is playing.

This is not an isolated situation either. It happens all the time and over a lot of years. It is a contributor to our unpopularity with big players. Which quality player watching a performance like the one you described (I didn't see it) would want to play for that club? A lot of work needs to be done.

3 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Ampadu gave a way the ball and the ball struck Chalobah in the arm on the strike. He goes to ground in the box too much, when you do that you have no control over your arms. That’s not the first pen he’s given away like that

How did Ethan do?

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Said before and will say again, we go into this season with Kai Havertz as our striker there is a huge problem.

Do not rate him at all

I have to say I agree. However I do rate him but I just can't understand what his natural position is... and can we afford to play him as the central attacking player... probably not.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is not an isolated situation either. It happens all the time and over a lot of years. It is a contributor to our unpopularity with big players. Which quality player watching a performance like the one you described (I didn't see it) would want to play for that club? A lot of work needs to be done.

Tuchel tactics is too safe, which is why I ultimately believe we will never compete with Pool and City in the league. Unless he changes tactics, I was hoping we would transition to a back 4 and add one more attacker on the field.

In the CL I still believe we will be a dangerous team, but over 38 games we need much more goals.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Said before and will say again, we go into this season with Kai Havertz as our striker there is a huge problem.

Do not rate him at all

I do rate him and really like him as a big part of the squad but we absolutely, 100% need another forward signing that can score goals. Because as of right now I don’t see how we score goals at a high enough rate to keep up with the top 2. 

Even with an improved defense and Sterling as an upgrade on the left I can see us having the exact same sort of season with the exact same frustrations as we did last season at this moment in time. Loads and loads of matches where we dominate poor opposition but can’t score goals because we have serial chokers like Ziyech/Werner/Pulisic/CHO in attack and Havertz who looks amazing one match and then disappears in others.

If the powers at this club think Sterling and nobody else is good enough to bridge the gap they’re extremely deluded.

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

In the CL I still believe we will be a dangerous team, but over 38 games we need much more goals.

Absolute gospel this statement. 

We are built and run like a cup team. Always set up as the underdog vs taking the initiative. It's why we won't ever win the league like this. 

Yesterday’s game was a clear indication why we can just field a team of players from the academy no matter how strong they look. We absolutely struggled in the second half to break their press and our midfield was nonexistent.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How did Ethan do?

He was actually pretty good in midfield bar the give away but having him and Conor together was too much inexperience and they are both not press resistant. Charlotte definitely realized this and pressed the hell out of our midfield and defenders. They had most of the possession in the second half.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Do not rate him at all

Kai is great for link up. But he should not be our out and out striker. He definitely should be 1 of the front 3 attackers partnered with Raheem and a proper striker.