Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

and all these loans are doing are just kicking the can down the road

real possibilty that everything possible goes south (bans for transfers, bans for Europe, fines, point reductions, direct relegation, etc etc, all are on the table) and the club is left a wrecked mess and Bo Clownlake just firesale us down to League One or Championship level, cut their losses, and bounce out

notice that fuckall is going on the the new stadiium

Bounce out the proud owners of two hotels and a Premier League training complex. In the scenario you pose CFC would experience dramatically reduced revenues, but increased fixed costs. (Having to pay rent on their training ground.)

CFCW would be among the first casualties.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

23 hours ago, Stats said:

Seen Arsenal are considering Sterling. I said ever since he was frozen out, I have a feeling he will end up there. Arsenal defo could do with another attacker in their frontline. Martinelli has been below par for a while. I think Sterling is actually a better player. Sterling suits them like a glove. He will have more success in that team. Similarly to Havertz. I would rather him go to United than Arsenal. Any other team than Arsenal. Reason being is because I think Sterling gives Arsenal stronger firepower for their title charge and he is proven in the PL. Arteta already knows the player well. Watch this space...

Yep, worst fears coming to reality. I have made the prediction, that he will be a bigger upgrade than Martinelli. I get they wanted to get rid of the wage bill but have a feeling they will come off better with this deal.

Lot of talk Oshimen deal wouldn’t happen as it was apparently insisted up on by as a loan with obligation/option to buy. Then fucked about with salary offers. 

This is why you do not fuck about on deals for non essential signings like KDH, Sancho & Felix and get the players you actually fucking need.

Talk about another poor summer from managerial appointment all the way to fucking recruiting. Again. Sporting directors need to be fucking sacked.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Amazing..

So Osimhen is insanely angry at Napoli but at the same time he doesn't want to accept the contract proposal from us.

Now, be mad at yourself and accept to sit in the stands and watch Papa Conte take care of Lukaku.
You can't eat the cake and keep it at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

so hard to accept fail VO at this stage 

Not much fail here. He clearly didn't want to come here / wanted to come for cash, we know how it would go later. Quite often people are not who we think they are / want them to be. Life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Vegetable

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Yep, worst fears coming to reality. I have made the prediction, that he will be a bigger upgrade than Martinelli. I get they wanted to get rid of the wage bill but have a feeling they will come off better with this deal.

I think the player who'd be a big upgrade over Martinelli is long gone, but he might improve them just enough.

I'm honestly very surprised by the lack of movement by Newcastle. I think they need another 3 attacking players to even start thinking competing at the top.

We shouldn’t be upset with Osimhen himself at all. Be upset with the club’s strict new structure if anything. Imagine you’re earning £250-300k and Chelsea are offering you maybe half that. That’s a hard wage cut to take I would think. If it was just a slight cut down to £200k it might be a good compromise but it doesn’t even sound like we went near that.

We as Chelsea fans need to come to grips with the fact that we will no longer be able to go for the already established stars that are already on big wages. We can only go for up and coming future stars who are on low wages to whom £120k per week is a huge raise for them.

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

Amazing..

So Osimhen is insanely angry at Napoli but at the same time he doesn't want to accept the contract proposal from us.

Now, be mad at yourself and accept to sit in the stands and watch Papa Conte take care of Lukaku.
You can't eat the cake and keep it at the same time.

Bang average player, happy we didn't blow our load on this guy, we're buying a lot of garbage as it is no need to get another one.

Edited by TheHulk

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We shouldn’t be upset with Osimhen himself at all. Be upset with the club’s strict new structure if anything. Imagine you’re earning £250-300k and Chelsea are offering you maybe half that. That’s a hard wage cut to take I would think. If it was just a slight cut down to £200k it might be a good compromise but it doesn’t even sound like we went near that.

We as Chelsea fans need to come to grips with the fact that we will no longer be able to go for the already established stars that are already on big wages. We can only go for up and coming future stars who are on low wages to whom £120k per week is a huge raise for them.

It's obvious at 150k was without incentives with them and CL he would earn more but that Nigerian cunt wanted to secure the bag without any performance related bonuses.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don't understand this narrative about him being a money grabber. If that was the case, he'd be off to Saudi, not Toney.

An established player isn't going to take a paycut unless they were on crazy wages to begin with (I'm quite sure Lewy took one when joining Barca). 

Just now, TheHulk said:

It's obvious at 150k was without incentives with them and CL he would earn more but that Nigerian cunt wanted to secure the bag without any performance related bonuses.

Just another Lukaku after we fought so hard to get rid of him lol

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I think the player who'd be a big upgrade over Martinelli is long gone, but he might improve them just enough.

I'm honestly very surprised by the lack of movement by Newcastle. I think they need another 3 attacking players to even start thinking competing at the top.

You referring to Williams?

Sterling suits Arsenal's system a lot more than ours. I am actually annoyed we have done this deal. He is slept on buy a lot of people but as stated I rate him and believe the one team he suits in a glove is Arsenal's.

Agreed about Newcastle. Surprised they put so much effort into Guehi and did not get another midfield or attacker. Really surprised.

about sancho, i believe he does better things than mudryk.

I don't know if he's better than sterling, but he's had 6 good months with dortmund and doesn't have the salary that sterling has and I believe he'll do no worse than sterling and no better than mudryk  

not to mention that the buy-out clause is low.

sell sterling next year and get rid of mudryk