Matthias Ginter  
Willi Orbán
Stefan de Vrij     
Berat Djimsiti   
Mats Hummels   
Conor Coady    
Stefan Savic  
Chris Smalling   

I like the first 10 but not sure they all would fit in. From the rest I think most are past it or would hardly be an upgrade. 

of the more realistic ones I think hincapie and hancko would do really well here. I would be willing to take the punt on Mancini and hermoso even though they have mostly played deep line, they are tactically smart enough to adapt 

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I like the first 10 but not sure they all would fit in. From the rest I think most are past it or would hardly be an upgrade. 

of the more realistic ones I think hincapie and hancko would do really well here. I would be willing to take the punt on Mancini and hermoso even though they have mostly played deep line, they are tactically smart enough to adapt 

I purposely put in a lot of plus 30yos in the 2nd part of the list

perhaps one could be poor man's Thiago type, especially in training and the locker room

also, some are pipe dreams (especially Ronald Araujo (injured though, I meant when healthy) and Alessandro Bastoni 

the best of the younger ones for us would be:

Bremer  (crazy hard pull now)
Marquinhos (30yo but he can go for years more)
Piero Hincapié 
Dávid Hancko 

Milan Skriniar  (I still rate him a bit)

FUCK

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/08/29/romano-confirms-Chelsea-transfer-armando-broja-collapsed/

Chelsea forward Armando Broja’s expected move to Ipswich Town has officially collapsed, as confirmed by transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

The newly promoted Premier League side were keen on signing the versatile Albanian attacker, with a loan move that included an obligation to buy for £30 million reportedly close to completion.

However, an issue flagged during Broja’s medical halted the deal, leading Ipswich to back out.

Romano took to X to confirm the collapse of the deal, stating:

“Armando Broja’s move to Ipswich Town is 100% off and collapsed. He’s back to Chelsea now.”

If we get Osimhen and Sancho and the Colwil + Fofana partnership don’t improve steadily as the season progresses we’re going to be the most lopsided team ever assembled. We may score 5-6 goals per game and concede just about that many ourselves, ffs.

Better pray that Lavia makes a big difference when he’s back and that we hold the ball as well as we did second half against Wolves. 

The Sancho thing just feels strange from every side if it happens. Strange from our POV because we don’t need him at all. Strange from the United side because if he does rediscover his best form they’ve just handed him to us for what I assume is a massively discounted price. Also strange if we sell Sterling to Arse and United don’t get anything out of this deal at all other than getting his wages off the books I guess.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

leader type CBs

none are youth

Ronald Araujo (injured though)
Alessandro Bastoni  (crazy hard pull)
Bremer  (crazy hard pull)
Marquinhos 
Sven Botman 
Piero Hincapié 
Dávid Hancko 
Milan Skriniar  
Mario Hermoso (free agent)
Gianluca Mancini
Adam Webster  
Merih Demiral     
Alessio Romagnoli      

Amir Rrahmani
James Tarkowski  
Lewis Dunk 
Nico Elvedi     
Fabian Schär  
Matthias Ginter  
Willi Orbán
Stefan de Vrij     
Berat Djimsiti   
Mats Hummels   
Conor Coady    
Stefan Savic  
Chris Smalling   

When I heard Hermoso was a free agent a number of weeks ago, I thought he'd be a perfect signing for a few years. I'm just unsure this board will even give players 28+ a look.

A really stupid mindset.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Sancho thing just feels strange from every side if it happens. Strange from our POV because we don’t need him at all. Strange from the United side because if he does rediscover his best form they’ve just handed him to us for what I assume is a massively discounted price. Also strange if we sell Sterling to Arse and United don’t get anything out of this deal at all other than getting his wages off the books I guess.

It only made sense to me if Sterling was going the other way. That clearly isn't this case, so is Shields driving this deal because of his connection with the player?

Edited by LAM09

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

When I heard Hermoso was a free agent a number of weeks ago, I thought he'd be a perfect signing for a few years. I'm just unsure this board will even give players 28+ a look.

A really stupid mindset.

It only made sense to me if Sterling was going the other way. That clearly isn't this case, so is Shields driving this deal because of his connection with the player?

I guess? What else could explain it? We’re absolutely loaded in that area of the pitch and will be even more so a year from now.

If we indeed push for the deal tomorrow the club must think that a change of scenery back to London will unlock his top form again and we’d have an £80m+ caliber player on our hands for cheap.

I think Sterling would do very, very well under Arteta at Arse. I don’t think he’d be any better at United than he was for us which was bang average. United’s attacking play and style I just don’t think will suit him as well.

So hopefully if he goes tomorrow it’s to United. If he goes to Arse and looks like his City self again we’d never hear the end of it.

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I guess? What else could explain it? We’re absolutely loaded in that area of the pitch and will be even more so a year from now.

If we indeed push for the deal tomorrow the club must think that a change of scenery back to London will unlock his top form again and we’d have an £80m+ caliber player on our hands for cheap.

Or we wind up with someone on relatively high wages who we have difficulty trying to shift in a year or two, just as United have discovered.

It's concerning that this deal appears to be significantly more likely to go through in the coming hours than Osimhen.