Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Very true that.

Leaving out tiny detail that most people could see there isn't much in those players even before they came here and it took the board few years and several tens of millions to notice it. It's not like they were uncut gems with 50/50 chance of turning out wonderkids, rather fishing in very muddy waters for big cash. I get they could expect the reputation of The Project will at least increase their value in the meantime, but the project turned out what it turned out. 

And knowing our luck, it's only matter of time when one of the dross we managed to shift unluke Mudryk will turn out KDB and Salah story.

Also it's fine that club is showing assertiveness, too bad it directs it mainly towards our academy players who deserve the spit in their faces least of whole bunch. 

Getting rid of Disasi 12 months after buying him is proof enough that the football directors are fucking clueless.

Tried his best, had some half decent moments but probably never good enough in the first place. The fact its taken them a year to figure this out, when the plan was always to work towards a certain style of football, is even more proof of how hugely hugely incompetent they are. If it was even in doubt.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Getting rid of Disasi 12 months after buying him is proof enough that the football directors are fucking clueless.

Tried his best, had some half decent moments but probably never good enough in the first place. The fact its taken them a year to figure this out, when the plan was always to work towards a certain style of football, is even more proof of how hugely hugely incompetent they are. If it was even in doubt.

not only disasi but also other players

a joke 

12 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

At least they recognise their error and are looking to improve things. If we sell and replace disasi as well as getting a striker it’s been a great window 

Recognise their error? Should’ve known from the start. Clearly - and this has been for a long time now - there is no actual plan in place for on the pitch and it’s more of a business model…

Whats been constant/consistent in our transfer business? Young players, lower incentive based wages, long term deals. Selling academy players for PSR. Selling players on higher wages (some that were only signed 12/24 months ago). 

I mean otherwise, can you tell me how it is anything else, when managers like Tuchel, Poch, Potter & Maresca all have literally next to nothing in common in terms of playing styles? And you don’t build a playing squad without tailoring it to the manager and his philosophy in all honesty. You can put blocks in place but ultimately, can’t do it all.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Recognise their error? Should’ve known from the start. Clearly - and this has been for a long time now - there is no actual plan in place for on the pitch and it’s more of a business model…

Whats been constant/consistent in our transfer business? Young players, lower incentive based wages, long term deals. Selling academy players for PSR. Selling players on higher wages (some that were only signed 12/24 months ago). 

I mean otherwise, can you tell me how it is anything else, when managers like Tuchel, Poch, Potter & Maresca all have literally next to nothing in common in terms of playing styles? And you don’t build a playing squad without tailoring it to the manager and his philosophy in all honesty. You can put blocks in place but ultimately, can’t do it all.

exactly 

this is a chaotic board and we already knew since the beginning 

He has divided opinion ever since he has joined here, however the way he has been treated and discarded is awful. I support the team on pitch no matter what, but the owners are ruining the image of the club. I get it, his performance has not reflected his salary, but it is more to do with the fact the owners need to reduce the way fill rather than Maresca 'preferring other wingers'. I know we have never been liked by opposing fans, however even as a massive Chelsea fan, I feel embarrassed with what is going on at the club. The way we just buy players then get rid of them just doesn't sit right with me. Then next season, it will be one of the new signings being pushed out for another 'flavour of the month'. Just don't know whether there is an actual football strategy.

13 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Man, I wanted us to sign him badly last summer. And wasn’t there talk of it taking £50m or more? I know his contract has run down since then but it seems like no top team is interested in him at all.

I didn’t hear anything about him last season so I’m guessing he didn’t do much? I remember a lot of posters here were skeptical of him and didn’t want us to buy him and it appears they’ve been proven correct.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man, I wanted us to sign him badly last summer. And wasn’t there talk of it taking £50m or more? I know his contract has run down since then but it seems like no top team is interested in him at all.

I didn’t hear anything about him last season so I’m guessing he didn’t do much? I remember a lot of posters here were skeptical of him and didn’t want us to buy him and it appears they’ve been proven correct.

Would of rather took a €20m gamble on him than Felix for £46m.

Although both are literally the same type of player, all style, no substance, no consistency. But at least for €20m not that big a hit when we would go to sell him next year.

20 minutes ago, Stats said:

He has divided opinion ever since he has joined here, however the way he has been treated and discarded is awful. I support the team on pitch no matter what, but the owners are ruining the image of the club. I get it, his performance has not reflected his salary, but it is more to do with the fact the owners need to reduce the way fill rather than Maresca 'preferring other wingers'. I know we have never been liked by opposing fans, however even as a massive Chelsea fan, I feel embarrassed with what is going on at the club. The way we just buy players then get rid of them just doesn't sit right with me. Then next season, it will be one of the new signings being pushed out for another 'flavour of the month'. Just don't know whether there is an actual football strategy.

i hope youre not talking about sterling

35 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Young players = You can buy more with potential than finished product
Lower incentive based wages = Easier to send away flops and, with a bit of luck, profit from players with no future aswell. 
Long term deals = "We decide when you deserve a new contract"
Selling academy players for PSR = A golden goose 
Selling players on higher wages = Making room for more "young players"
Tuchel, Poch, Potter & Maresca all have literally next to nothing in common = Yeah this is really weird.

It's frustrating, I agree.
But I want to see what the outcome of the investigation against the club will be and depending on the punishment, I think we maybe can find the answer there as to why the club is working the way it is working right now.
At the beginning of the new ownership, we bought both young players and "finished" players with high salaries.
But somewhere around the same time it started to be reported that the club had reported wrongdoing under Roman, we started bulking up "young players" with low base salaries.
It might not even be related but it's something I thought about.

Also, I think, even though the opponents' supporters like to laugh about it, signing long contracts with low base salaries and with good bonuses is very smart.
Of course, We can and probably will end up in a mess with a player or two who is not wanted and who does not want to move, but I am fully convinced that the majority of future cases where a player is unwanted and is moved away from the team and the training ground will have an easier time finding a new club if the base salary is "low". 

The advantage might be that it will be easier and less risky to take a chance on young players with potential.
I'm no mathematician but somewhere in there there should be a calculation that the club has done and concluded that larger quantity with the potential to become quality will be cheaper than paying for "proven" quality.

Aaaaaaaah fecking hell .. I don't know.... I'm just trying to find some logic and optimism in it all.. 

Edited by Costa19

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The biggest problem I have read about his season was not good in the final third and he does not buy in to pressing and defense. He knew teams were evaluating him and he couldn’t be bothered to try.