Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tell me what role did Conor play last season

Connors role last season was to run more than any other midfielder, yes he also did play link too the midfield and many pointed out his huge flaws and why he can't play that role, could Connor have been one of the reason we struggled so much to link the midfield to our forwards? KDH has been brought in to fulfil that role at hopefully a higher standard, even from game one you can instantly see not only does he have a better eye for a pass, but he can pull of the pass aswell. Now if you don't think he's an upgrade than that's your opinion and that's fine, my whole point in the first place was please don't call others stupid for not agreeing with your opinion, Lucio has gone we don't need another one 🤣

Edited by YorkshireBlue

10 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Kicking off at 30 to 35m selling price, so yeah, complain all season long, now kick off he's going to be sold when the majority here werr asking for this all season, now they have there wish, even worse is complaining then saying he's worth more and club treating him like shit for actually offering him a contract which he refused so now that's the clubs fault.... People need to grow the fuck up and stop whining like little girls about shit they asked for in the first place, don't ask for cake then refuse to fucking eat it.

Find it a bit strange that you say people are kicking off about this then proceed to kick off yourself. 

As for the contract, if you honestly believe a 1+1 (don't forget he has 1 year still) extension is not the club trying a PR effort/trying to protect the value of Gallagher's fee, then you're quite simply being obtuse imo as it has no correlation with anything else the club does in terms of contract length/guarantees. If you've got evidence to counter that, then please provide it. 

As for me, last Summer I did not want to sell Gallagher as I said Caicedo was essentially not much of a better player than him and I also think KDH is not a much better player but both of them are slightly better system fits. It is why I believe Lavia - if he stays fit - will relegate Caicedo to the 'ratter' role which is likely to be CM2/3 when we have less of the ball/play more technical teams and need to gey in and about them, whereas KDH and Enzo will play when we are more progressive. Imo, I just don't see how buying such players and causing constant turnover of playing staff makes sense, when the gains are so minimal. That is before we even get to Trev vs Disaster and Tosin, where I actually believe the latter two are a downgrade (albeit not a massive one.) 

8 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

People keep referencing the contract offered as 'not valuing him' but they offered to make him one of the highest paid midfielders at the club and these are reports coming from Ornstein, Romano. 

There's every chance they could have offered him a nice 5 year deal (as most of the people here are mentioning) but there's no guarantee that they would have given those sorts of wages.  

As I ask above, please provide examples of where the Clearlake have done this before? It is quite obvious that he wasn't ever going to accept it and it allows the club to sell and then deflect. If you want him sold, fair enough, but let's not become a shrill for the board. 

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Gallagher had the exact same season he just had for West Ham or Everton or Bournemouth and we were linked with him for £50m or even £35m our entire fanbase would be in Chernobyl level meltdown. And if one of our rivals were doing the same we’d be laughing at them for buying him instead of a truly elite level midfielder. 

This is all fine and well, if we were buying proven talents that were obviously upgrades. Last season we literally saw the club buy Disaster for £35m to try and sell Trev for £25m. Disaster then proceeded to be one of the worst CB's we've had in living memory and Trev came back and took his place after a long injury almost instanenously and our form picked up immediately. 

People are talking about this making so much sense, but that relies on KDH stepping up and exceeding Gallaghers output. This isn't about people thinking Gallagher is WC it is about how the club don't buy well enough and only provide us within minimal upgrades or even downgrades. 

For me, Gallagher's sale is one thing (I appreciate he isn't a system fit) it is just the pretending that:

a) the extension wasn't a obvious ploy by the club to curry favour with the fan base and not a real offer Gallagher was ever likely to accept.

and;

B) the boards general transfer strategy.

That is winding people up. By all means, sell Gallagher and Trev, but just don't go replacing them with downgrades (Disaster/Tosin) or players of a similar level (KDH) as otherwise what is the point?

43 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If you've got evidence to counter that, then please provide it.

Don't need evidence, Connor doesn't come with a huge transfer fee, there is no need to give him a lengthy contract to help them out with FFP regulations. Everybody knows Connor is a bad fit and probably so do the club, so a one 1+1 gives them a season to see if he works in this new system and if he does they have a year to offer him a better deal, if they offer him 5 years and he can't do it, then you have a player sitting on your bench collecting as much as your best paid midfielders and not playing.. all depends on the way your willing to look at it, I don't look at everything the club is doing as a way to destroy the club so when I see stuff like this I don't automatically go in to conspiracy mode.

Osimhen rumours seem to have gone quiet. Julian Alvarez ones quiet too. Beier was the latest rumour I saw with Villa and us both interested as he has a 30m clause and out performed his xG in a great year last year and only 21 years old...very Clearlake type signing, if that goes anywhere.

Certainly seems like the club think NJ+Guiu is not the answer at the mo. I wonder if they have in mind that NJ could sort out the winger problem if we had a good no. 9?

21 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Osimhen rumours seem to have gone quiet. Julian Alvarez ones quiet too. Beier was the latest rumour I saw with Villa and us both interested as he has a 30m clause and out performed his xG in a great year last year and only 21 years old...very Clearlake type signing, if that goes anywhere.

Certainly seems like the club think NJ+Guiu is not the answer at the mo. I wonder if they have in mind that NJ could sort out the winger problem if we had a good no. 9?

The negotiations (if they’re actually happening) are probably hugely complicated with us trying to get Napoli to pay a bit more for Lukaku and them wanting us to either buy Osimhen outright for larger than we’re offering or having a buy obligation rather than just an option. And then there’s Osimhen’s massive wages. 

44 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Ideally Jack could be a backup LW and Striker , he’d get a lot of minutes 

Yes Osimhen would prefer Chelsea, which is shambles  and is nowhere near to win anything soon , instead of a club from the Champions League  fight for titles same like Olise  , Alvarez . These names cannot be in Chelsea because the module in the club is not about winning.

6 minutes ago, milka said:

Yes Osimhen would prefer Chelsea, which is shambles  and is nowhere near to win anything soon , instead of a club from the Champions League  fight for titles same like Olise  , Alvarez . These names cannot be in Chelsea because the module in the club is not about winning.

Your module is consistent complaining. 

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Probably waiting to sell Broja before ending up buying Eddie Nketiah or Danny Welbeck 😂 

Irrespective we need to recruit a top striker, we cannot go into the season with Jackson and Guiu as our only options.

I mean this window hasn’t been one to get excited about but a top CF and top CB would make it much better. If we are going to rely on one of Disasi and Tosin as our first choice right sided central defenders we will be fucked. Trev will be gone too. 

Realistically, any fee we could get for Disasi would be great business granted we could get a top CB in as a replacement. Badiashile maybe deserves another season but has looked a mixed bag so far.

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

For me, Gallagher's sale is one thing (I appreciate he isn't a system fit) it is just the pretending that:

a) the extension wasn't a obvious ploy by the club to curry favour with the fan base and not a real offer Gallagher was ever likely to accept.

and;

B) the boards general transfer strategy.

That is winding people up. By all means, sell Gallagher and Trev, but just don't go replacing them with downgrades (Disaster/Tosin) or players of a similar level (KDH) as otherwise what is the point?

a) If Gallagher was that good, the club may have offered him a proper long term deal, clearly he's not part of the long term plans in midfield but the club also don't want to see a home grown asset walk out on a free, so they offered a 3 year deal.   "favour with the fanbase"....as if Clearlake care about that.  They are just making business decisions, Villa apparently offered close to 50 million for Gallagher and Emery would have utilised him quite well but Gallagher rejected the offer.  Even if Gallagher was to run down his contract and sit on the bench for a whole season, what top tier options does he actually have?   It's either Villa, Newcastle or Liverpool if Slot wants a runner and I highly doubt he would join Spurs considering how much he's spoken about his connection to Chelsea. 

b) I agree with this but Tosin is a squad player that came on a free, fulfils the HG criteria as well.  The bigger problem is, what do you do with Disasi/Badiashile as both look below-par.  

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Probably waiting to sell Broja before ending up buying Eddie Nketiah or Danny Welbeck 😂 

Even a washed up Welbeck would be more use than Broja since the injury.   He went to Fulham and barely got off the bench 😆

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Guiu is not the answer (yet), has shown signs of his promising ability in pre season though, once he gets some proper minutes under his belt, he'd be a good option (those rumors of him going on loan to Spanish clubs actually made alot of sense). 

Feel like having a proper 9 like a Diego Costa/Drogba type would help so much as it gives you that focal point even when the midfield or the key playmakers are having a bit of an off day.  

It is interesting Maresca has mentioned he considers Nkunku as someone who can play as a 9, a winger or an 8 but hasn't tried him anywhere other than as an 8 all preseason. I guess he considers that more of an emergency option than a serious one.

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

It is interesting Maresca has mentioned he considers Nkunku as someone who can play as a 9, a winger or an 8 but hasn't tried him anywhere other than as an 8 all preseason. I guess he considers that more of an emergency option than a serious one.

He’s been playing as an 8 ? As in a centre midfielder ?