Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Obviously we should all hope for the best and give Jorgensen a chance before we shit on him. But goddamn, do we have to give everyone we sign a SEVEN year contract?! Especially a keeper. Did we not learn our lesson with Kepa when we gave him a 7 or 8 year contract?

If this guy comes in and flops in his very first season the entire football world will see it because he‘ll now be on the biggest stage rather than under the radar at a smaller club like Villareal. Then how would we shift him?

35 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I really hope Flip is an upgrade on Sanchez. I just don’t see Sanchez being the answer.

I agree, Sanchez is not the solution but I am pretty sure filip is significantly worse. Everything about this guy screams mediocrity 

Sánchez is already a championship standard keeper. De Zerbi outcast him at Brighton as he was a constant liability on the ball , which he also proved last season, giving away goals and chances. 
I know we won’t go and get the worlds best GK but is it too much to ask to have someone competent in goal? Someone who isn’t a constant drain on our points. Could easily be the difference between top 4 or another year outside the CL.

if Sánchez starts or this guy turns out worse than Sánchez then the season is already over , it isn’t viable to achieve anything with goalkeepers who throw away games routinely 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Arsenal being an established team fighting against City for the prem. They play nice football. They are currently more stable. They need a striker as much as we do. CL football.

Enzo Fernandez could help with that. They spent a lot of time together not long ago.
I think that playing nice football becomes a possibility once you have multiple skillful players in your team, and signing Alvarez would def move us towards that direction esp considering what the manager intends.

I honestly think a signing of this caliber would put us back at the top. Yes, we'd still have weaknesses, but IMO players like Alvarez raise the overall level of play of a team. I'd not be surprised if Enzo himself improves having Alvarez around, and the club may be thinking that as well given the investment on Enzo.

His xG is irrelevant in my view, because he's a player who can help increase the 'x' (expected) variable.

Oh well, let's hope.

Edited by robsblubot

27 minutes ago, mkh said:

BREAKING: Federico Chiesa's agent has flown to London.🛫

👀👀

(via @Gazzetta_it)

To talk with Spurs 🙃

Edited by DDA

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Love Chiesa.. he still looked good in the Euros.. still has alot to offer. If he got back to the same standard he was producing before the injury.. what a player.

Post injury is still way better than mudryk so I wouldn’t hesitate 

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

Love Chiesa.. he still looked good in the Euros.. still has alot to offer. If he got back to the same standard he was producing before the injury.. what a player.

I mentioned potentially going for him once Juve's supposed asking price became known (€25m~). At that price, he'd be a calculated gamble despite his injury concerns unlike how much we ended up paying for Fofana.