Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Who the fuck are these goalkeeper targets. So far our scouts have not been able to pick up a good goalie and not really sure what would have changed, with names like this being thrown about.

They seem to be good at scouting midfielders and fullbacks. And youth wingers from Brazil. But GK + CB they appear to be genuinely weak.

19 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think it’s because we keep spending hundreds of millions on guys like Badiashile, Fofana and Disasi who are all very disappointing. Chalobah has been a strong squad player, still be sold.

This is it, coupled with the treatment of players who have progressed through the ranks. If given the choice, I'd rather keep TC over the names mentioned above solely due to reliability. You know what you'll get, & he won't be out for months at a time.

I'm yet to see us linked to a starting quality CB thus far either.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

They seem to be good at scouting midfielders and fullbacks. And youth wingers from Brazil. But GK + CB they appear to be genuinely weak.

Anselmino

Edited by LAM09

27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Has anyone watched this guy play?

From what I've seen, He gives up a lot of rebounds.  I don't trust many juicy rebounds with this new backline. We need a more sure-handed keeper with good foot ability.

Surprised we aren’t being linked with Ramsdale again like we were months ago. Arse just signed a young keeper as well as payed a decent fee to sign Raya permanently. 

Chelsea squad for their pre-season tour of America.

Goalkeepers: Sanchez, Bettinelli, Beach, Bergstrom

Defenders: James, Gusto, Acheampong, Fofana, Disasi
Tosin, Badiashile, Colwill, Chilwell, Veiga

Midfielders: Chukwuemeka, Lavia, Ugochukwu, Dewsbury-Hall, Santos

Forwards: Jackson, Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Broja, George, Guiu, Angelo

Not present and leaving Chelsea is: 

-Petrovic (injured) 
-Slonina (Olympia)
-Kepa
-Chalobah
-Gilchrist
-Sarr
-Wiley (Olympia)
-Casadei
-Kellyman (injured)
-Diego Moreira
-Lukaku
-David Fofana
-Washington
-Humphreys
-Ishé Samuels-Smith
-Zak Sturge
-Alex Matos
-Jimi Tauriainen
-Harvey Vale
-Leo Castledine
-Tino Anjorin
-Mason Burstow
-Ronnie Stutter
-Dujuan Richards

Cole Palmer, Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez, Gallagher, Cucurella could join up at later dates.

Edited by mkh

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yet reading popular Chelsea Twitter guys like Pys or Younes you’d think we’re selling John Terry.

Well we did try to do that. It was JT who turned the move down and saved Ken Bates from making the biggest transfer gaffe in the club's history.

Trying to do some YouTube scouting of goalkeepers is always such a chore. Tried to get a look at this Jorgensen guy we’re linked with but as with most keeper montages all they really show is him making saves. Something you can get a million clips of for any keeper. I want to see how these guys are with their distribution, passing, and their composure when being pressed.

So I have no clue what this guy brings that our current keepers don’t. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

When did Petrovic got injured? I don't believe. Probably means he is gone. 

Also just 5 MFs yet not taking Casadei. Maresca saw him in Leicester enough and looks like doesn't rate him at all. 

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Trying to do some YouTube scouting of goalkeepers is always such a chore. Tried to get a look at this Jorgensen guy we’re linked with but as with most keeper montages all they really show is him making saves. Something you can get a million clips of for any keeper. I want to see how these guys are with their distribution, passing, and their composure when being pressed.

So I have no clue what this guy brings that our current keepers don’t. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Goalie is the hardest position to scout: for professionals and even worse for fans.
I'd trust any goalkeeping coach's opinion vs any stats on a web site; there are so many variables, like the quality of the D as mentioned earlier. BTW, even my "quality of the D" is a simplification.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

When did Petrovic got injured? I don't believe. Probably means he is gone. 

Also just 5 MFs yet not taking Casadei. Maresca saw him in Leicester enough and looks like doesn't rate him at all. 

Yeah, that’s very telling.  Maresca doesn’t fancy him and Leicester fans didn’t either. They were super angry when there was talk of Casadei being the player we’d include in the KDH transfer. Said he looked lost when he played for them.

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Goalie is the hardest position to scout: for professionals and even worse for fans.
I'd trust any goalkeeping coach's opinion vs any stats on a web site; there are so many variables, like the quality of the D as mentioned earlier. BTW, even my "quality of the D" is a simplification.

I can see why. Unless they are really special with their ball playing ability like Ederson, Allison, or Diogo Costa it’s probably really tricky to find the right guy.

1 hour ago, mkh said:

Chelsea squad for their pre-season tour of America.

Goalkeepers: Sanchez, Bettinelli, Beach, Bergstrom

Defenders: James, Gusto, Acheampong, Fofana, Disasi
Tosin, Badiashile, Colwill, Chilwell, Veiga

Midfielders: Chukwuemeka, Lavia, Ugochukwu, Dewsbury-Hall, Santos

Forwards: Jackson, Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Broja, George, Guiu, Angelo

Not present and leaving Chelsea is: 

-Petrovic (injured) 
-Slonina (Olympia)
-Kepa
-Chalobah
-Gilchrist
-Sarr
-Wiley (Olympia)
-Casadei
-Kellyman (injured)
-Diego Moreira
-Lukaku
-David Fofana
-Washington
-Humphreys
-Ishé Samuels-Smith
-Zak Sturge
-Alex Matos
-Jimi Tauriainen
-Harvey Vale
-Leo Castledine
-Tino Anjorin
-Mason Burstow
-Ronnie Stutter
-Dujuan Richards

Cole Palmer, Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez, Gallagher, Cucurella could join up at later dates.

Quite depressing to look at this list tbh. Matos, Burstow, Casadei, Richards, Samuels-Smith, Moreira, Washington.. All these guys were signed one year ago only, all around 20 years old and so far away from first team that they can’t even make the first cut in preseason - in a Euros/Olympics/CopAm summer.

I understand academy products don’t always end up to be top players, and also there are some senior players who we need to get rid of(like Lukaku and Kepa), but above 6-7 players.. They were already 18-19 when we signed them and none of them seem to be even any close to Chelsea level.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’ve said this before but I just don’t for the life of me get the meltdowns from our fans on Twitter about us selling Trev.

I saw it now under every Chelsea post on instagram as well. Really pathetic from fans about nothing player.

Simon Phillips has Twitter popping posts left and right about Oscar Bobb. Oscar has said he wants more playing time but he will be patient. Now there are a lot of rumors he could be used for a trade to Newcastle. He might be willing to move if they are really discussing selling or him being involved in a trade. City fans are losing it if he is sold.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

If you're right about Maresca's opinion then I must say I agree with him. I see Cesare's level as being barely good enough to serve as an option of last resort for the side we've been recently. That leaves him a long way short of being a seriously contributing squad member for the side we used to be, and wish to be again.