Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

It amaze me when we sign a young player they are already spoken about Asif they will automatically fail, when some one else does he's all of a sudden the bees fucking knees 

If we would’ve signed yet another 18 year old talent when we’ve already bought about 50 of them over the last couple of years I’d be annoyed. 

I know Yoro is super highly rated but loads of our fans mad or upset that we didn’t go for him is kinda weird. We can’t sign every wonder kid. We’ve already got about 4-5 in the pipeline like Estevão & Paez who are much more exciting to me than Yoro.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we would’ve signed yet another 18 year old talent when we’ve already bought about 50 of them over the last couple of years I’d be annoyed. 

I know Yoro is super highly rated but loads of our fans mad or upset that we didn’t go for him is kinda weird. We can’t sign every wonder kid. We’ve already got about 4-5 in the pipeline like Estevão & Paez who are much more exciting to me than Yoro.

I'm actually curious as to when/where all these players will play? All going out on loan?

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I'm actually curious as to when/where all these players will play? All going out on loan?

I think this season will 100% be a final audition of sorts for Mudryk and Madueke. If they don’t drastically improve I think they’re gone and the new kids replace them. Sterling will surely go as well if he is subpar again.

What halogens if they’re all good this season? Oof. Idk how we accommodate everyone then.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think this season will 100% be a final audition of sorts for Mudryk and Madueke. If they don’t drastically improve I think they’re gone and the new kids replace them. Sterling will surely go as well if he is subpar again.

What halogens if they’re all good this season? Oof. Idk how we accommodate everyone then.

I'd not waste another day with Mudryk, but agree that he will be given minutes again unless Nkunku remains fit for most of the season (Jackson should also be ahead of Mudryk on the left). Madueke is more useful as a sub/option imo; I don't ever see him becoming an Elite winger int he PL tho.

Someone posted on this thread that large squads don't work and I have the same take/information on the subject: end up with too many unhappy players and groups within the club. It's less of a problem when many of these players are so young, so they are naturally patient, but that won't last.

And I'm still assuming that a #9 and a goalie may still arrive.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I remember you wanted the striker they got rasmus? Is it he turned out to be shite at united, may come good but united ruin players 

I backed way off Højlund when that 100m euro price demand came out

and he finished the season strong

10 goals, 2 assists in the last 16 EPL games he played in

and had 5 goals in his 6 Champions League games

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

all of those were well-proven players before Citeh bought them

you sound like one of thsoe types who only consider a player who is in the EPL and playing for a top half of the table club for 2 plus years as a starter as a 'proven' player.

You would have fit in well with our old scouts who passed on (just 2 examples) Tchou and Camavinga because they started for non-PSG sides in Ligue 1.

I was going by the person who posted on this thread saying City's best players were bought before "proven"

Only goes to reinforce the point we need to be more aggressive in the 22-27 age bracket of the transfer market

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

United getting an absolute gem, meanwhile we have Disasi and Badiashile and some think we will finish above them this season.

Let's circle back in December. I'm confident United is finishing well below. Not worried by them signing an 18 year old however decent he might be. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

stop putting words in my mouth

I never said that

Yeah, I skimmed over the word teen. My bad.

But again, perhaps our club think Anselmino can be our Yoro. You have to admit that the £50-60m United are spending on an 18 year old CB is bonkers, right? I feel much safer spending £15m on Anselmino.

This summer has been frustrating so far! Signings so far are cheap-ish, unappreciated players (that might turn out to be gems but we don't know yet), Maresca has barely said a word (although I did enjoy the little bits we've seen of him) and we've got this fucking Enzo situation now too. Meanwhile we see some top talents go around to other clubs.

I wish the season would just fucking start honestly. We're not going to sign anyone interesting and I'd just like to see how Maresca wants to line them up and whether we can string consistent results together with a more strategic manager. Also, worried the football will be boring. Just want the season to start so I can find out all of these things and enjoy watching the lads. Fuck the transfer window, seriously.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

This summer has been frustrating so far! Signings so far are cheap-ish, unappreciated players (that might turn out to be gems but we don't know yet), Maresca has barely said a word (although I did enjoy the little bits we've seen of him) and we've got this fucking Enzo situation now too. Meanwhile we see some top talents go around to other clubs.

I wish the season would just fucking start honestly. We're not going to sign anyone interesting and I'd just like to see how Maresca wants to line them up and whether we can string consistent results together with a more strategic manager. Also, worried the football will be boring. Just want the season to start so I can find out all of these things and enjoy watching the lads. Fuck the transfer window, seriously.

You think it’s frustrating for us, try being a Liverpool or Newcastle fan. I don’t think either of them have signed a single player and their fans are going mad about it. Liverpool fans in particular are livid. I don’t think City or Arse have brought anyone in either, though their fans are of course more calm and understanding since they’re in such a good spot with their squads.

At least we’ve signed 4 players that will be big contributors. And just the returning injured players make me excited personally. 

The only really frustrating thing for me about our club is how we have suddenly decided that we won’t even TRY to target someone from the truly top bracket anymore if there’s a special one available. When just in 2024 alone we were fine spending 100m twice. I can understand them wanting to be more responsible with the spending going forward but I’d love to see us supplement all these younger or cheaper signings with just 1 “money is no object for this one special player” signing.

Surprised that not much teams have gone in for Toney yet. Thought there would be a rush to sign him. I am sure he will leave, but seems no team is being the first to jump. I am sure when one team does, a domino effect will come. May end up being a concrete option for a lot of teams. Us, Arsenal, Spurs, possibly Liverpool and even United.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I skimmed over the word teen. My bad.

But again, perhaps our club think Anselmino can be our Yoro. You have to admit that the £50-60m United are spending on an 18 year old CB is bonkers, right? I feel much safer spending £15m on Anselmino.

I gave up on Yoro when he said he only wanted Real, as that meant a club that could change his mind would have to offer him insane wages

I do not see why he just doesnt wait until summer 2025 and go to Real on a free, which would mean he would also get a signing bonus that would come out of that transfer money they saved

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You think it’s frustrating for us, try being a Liverpool or Newcastle fan. I don’t think either of them have signed a single player and their fans are going mad about it. Liverpool fans in particular are livid. I don’t think City or Arse have brought anyone in either, though their fans are of course more calm and understanding since they’re in such a good spot with their squads.

At least we’ve signed 4 players that will be big contributors. And just the returning injured players make me excited personally. 

The only really frustrating thing for me about our club is how we have suddenly decided that we won’t even TRY to target someone from the truly top bracket anymore if there’s a special one available. When just in 2024 alone we were fine spending 100m twice. I can understand them wanting to be more responsible with the spending going forward but I’d love to see us supplement all these younger or cheaper signings with just 1 “money is no object for this one special player” signing.

Newcastle did not exist, footballing wise, a few years ago and have not really done anything worthwhile since getting the oil money. It was a second tier team then and remains so. It will likely change at some point, but so far … crickets.

liverpool has a very good staring xi with quality subs esp in attack. They may lack depth when they play CL but it’s still a strong and experienced group of players with one of the best wingers in the world.

42 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Pre-Clearlake we would 100% have done the obvious deal and signed Osimhen whilst sending Lukaku the other way. Really goes to show how determined these owners are to adhere to this new wage structure when the one striker we’ve been linked to for years, who idolizes our legendary striker, when we badly need a lead #9, and we don’t even make an attempt.

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I gave up on Yoro when he said he only wanted Real, as that meant a club that could change his mind would have to offer him insane wages

I do not see why he just doesnt wait until summer 2025 and go to Real on a free, which would mean he would also get a signing bonus that would come out of that transfer money they saved

They must have gone all out behind the scenes convincing him that he’ll be more of a key player right away for United than he would be at Madrid.

But it does feel insane to turn down this particular Real Madrid who have several young Frenchman who he will know well and he would grow with at both club level and national team level there. Like, why tf would you say no to playing with Mbappe, Camavinga, Tcho etc to play for a United team that were dreadful and need basically half a new first XI? 

United must have offered wages that he and his family couldn’t say no to.

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pre-Clearlake we would 100% have done the obvious deal and signed Osimhen whilst sending Lukaku the other way. Really goes to show how determined these owners are to adhere to this new wage structure when the one striker we’ve been linked to for years, who idolizes our legendary striker, when we badly need a lead #9, and we don’t even make an attempt.

Profit comes first for them. Roman wanted us to be European & World champs so badly. During the majority of his ownership, he put his money where his mouth was, which is a large reason we were as successful as we were.