Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Zirkzee looks like an excellent footballer but a mediocre striker/finisher. I predict he’ll be very underwhelming just like Hojlund was for them last season after all the hype. Both of them are decent but not top class. Their strikers don’t scare me at all.

The direction United are going has me convinced we will be well above them. Mainoo is a real find but their signings have been middling. De Ligt, Zirkzee and Ugarte - is not going to raise their level by a lot. De Ligt in particular I think will struggle in England. 

26 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lot of quality players in the market too - Olise, Nico, Olmo, Simons, Calafiori. Our wage structure means we are not in the mix for any of them. 

We are in for players of quality. Olise and Calafiori are nice but all of those guys even outside of them would be demanding too much. None of them have achieved much of anything. 

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Demanding too much but we have Sterling on our books absolutely rinsing the life out of the club, kind of ironic

yeah, and everyone in club know that giving Sterling huge wage was a mistake, and they don't want to make that mistake again

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Demanding too much but we have Sterling on our books absolutely rinsing the life out of the club, kind of ironic

You live and learn. They certainly are making sure not to repeat the same mistakes.

I've never rated Sterling highly as some, but he has achieved 10 times what the others have on that list. 

Edited by Thor

Kepa rejected a multi-million dollar offer from Al Ittihad, he has stopped all talks & is waiting for Real Madrid.

Kepa is also ready to take a pay cut to rejoin Real Madrid. @marca

🤢🤢

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Their strikers don’t scare me at all

They are actually selling their best finisher to Marseille. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

De Ligt in particular I think will struggle in England

The way De Ligt is going through the 'top' clubs so quickly really makes you wonder what went wrong from his Ajax days.    He was meant to be a very good defender but the way Juventus and Bayern are fine with selling him on...

On 11/07/2024 at 12:15, Pizy said:

Think people are really underestimating the role Tosin and KDH will have. A lot of Chelsea fans seem to think they’ll be nothing but bench players. I think both are going to starters pretty much immediately. And I just have this feeling that both will be very good.

I’m also VERY confident that Lavia & Nkunku in particular returning fit will have big seasons. Not really expecting anything from Fofana until I see him on the pitch. Just hoping for the best.

I saw someone say either here on Twitter that the signings we’ve made like Tosin and KDH aren’t the type that will “take us to the next level” but they’ll  raise our floor. I agree with that.

We still need that killer finisher either in a forward or wide player and a top keeper to take us to the next level. Plenty of time left for the former but I think we’ll be waiting at least 6 months for the latter.

How much have you genuinely seen of Tosin? I will admit, I have not seen much apart from about 5 games last season. However, from what I saw he definitely fit my Fulham mates description of 'a ball playing Disasi' in that his defending is underwhelming but he is good on the ball. Have you really seen enough to be confident that he is actually a good defender, let alone a very good one? 

As for KDH he is fine as a squad player. I don't expect him to be much more than CM4 if Enzo, Caciedo and Lavia can stay fit and he is perfectly capable of that. 

2 hours ago, mkh said:

Kepa rejected a multi-million dollar offer from Al Ittihad, he has stopped all talks & is waiting for Real Madrid.

Kepa is also ready to take a pay cut to rejoin Real Madrid. @marca

🤢🤢

Disgusting cunt, fuck off already from our club.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

They are actually selling their best finisher to Marseille. 

The way De Ligt is going through the 'top' clubs so quickly really makes you wonder what went wrong from his Ajax days.    He was meant to be a very good defender but the way Juventus and Bayern are fine with selling him on...

Juventus only sold him because he was desperate to leave after being there for 2 or 3 seasons.

He had options of coming here for cash & Werner going other way or Bayern. Wasn’t other way around.

Bayern move hasn’t worked but he isn’t the only player to hage not worked out at Bayern in this period.

I think to write his signing off already is a bit odd. Will see how it goes but he is a better CB than majority of what we’ve got and that is 100% true. Again, if we got him under Tuchel that summer we wanted him, the opinions on here would of been the polar opposite.

I mean people here getting hugely excited about mid level players like KDH & Tosin then questioning the likes of de Ligt…. it is absolutely mind blowing but only on here 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Juventus only sold him because he was desperate to leave after being there for 2 or 3 seasons.

He had options of coming here for cash & Werner going other way or Bayern. Wasn’t other way around.

Bayern move hasn’t worked but he isn’t the only player to hage not worked out at Bayern in this period.

I think to write his signing off already is a bit odd. Will see how it goes but he is a better CB than majority of what we’ve got and that is 100% true. Again, if we got him under Tuchel that summer we wanted him, the opinions on here would of been the polar opposite.

I mean people here getting hugely excited about mid level players like KDH & Tosin then questioning the likes of de Ligt…. it is absolutely mind blowing but only on here 😂

You love being the contrarian to literally everyone here, huh? Any time anyone here says anything positive you jump in and try to shoot it down.

de Ligt has been bang average since he left Ajax. That’s just a fact. I don’t hear any Juve supporters saying they miss him at all and Bayern fans won’t either since they’re comfortably upgrading on him with Tah.

If we were the ones trying to sign him now instead of United I’d be disappointed. I just don’t rate him as anything other than “okay.”

Juve had no issues taking a loss on him when selling him to Bayern, who are now going to take a loss on him as well. He's been plagued with injuries and moves like a fridge. He, Upamecano, and Kim were competing to be Eric Dier's CB partner FFS. 

Pace of the Premier League will eat him alive. 

The fact that Ten Hag is insisting on De Ligt tells you a lot. He was insisting last summer on Mount and Onana. If I am INEOS he would have zero saying in transfers. Tuchel wanted him? Lol even worse. Another horrific manager regarding transfers. Got everyone wrong here. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

You love being the contrarian to literally everyone here, huh? Any time anyone here says anything positive you jump in and try to shoot it down.

de Ligt has been bang average since he left Ajax. That’s just a fact. I don’t hear any Juve supporters saying they miss him at all and Bayern fans won’t either since they’re comfortably upgrading on him with Tah.

If we were the ones trying to sign him now instead of United I’d be disappointed. I just don’t rate him as anything other than “okay.”

Look if you say so but just because I haven’t/won’t buy the bullshit Clearlake-Boehly & Stewart/Winstanley are peddling unlike some of you doesn’t mean I’m not entitled to an opinion.

But making posts rating a mid level player like Tosin then saying De Ligt is okay is absolutely ridiculous. 

Anyway, lets agree to disagree 😂

30 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Don't know how anyone can slate De Ligt even if he isn't top drawer when we're dealing with one of the worst defenders in the league Disasi.

the fact that Disasi sucks doesn't change the fact De Ligt is average, and on huge wage

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

The fact that Ten Hag is insisting on De Ligt tells you a lot. He was insisting last summer on Mount and Onana. If I am INEOS he would have zero saying in transfers. Tuchel wanted him? Lol even worse. Another horrific manager regarding transfers. Got everyone wrong here. 

He seems to only go after Dutch players or players that have some connection to the Dutch league.

Onana, Zirkzee, de Ligt, Antony. Mount who he saw when he was on loan there, I’m sure. The ones they already have look like flops and the ones they’re about to bring in look bang average. 

As a rival to them for top 4 I’m glad to see them repeatedly do this kind of business and that they kept ETH.