Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I see one of our nearest rivals United are going for Ugarte and De Ligt. Two players who were hyped up as soon to be superstars and then flopped at their new clubs. People complain about us not going for “big names,” but it isn’t always necessary. I would be happy if they waste money on those two than get actual top class ones.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He’d be better than KDH thats for sure.

This is a sign that the ownership and football crowd are just here to turn a profit without being competitive.

That seems to be the case with most, if not all, American owners in football. Kroneke, Gillett, etc.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Breaks lines, works well in tight spaces. Really useful player and wasn't looking for a major role in the team either. 

Fuckall roster formation. 

wasnt looking for a major role in the team...yet.

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Arsenal fans seem to think it's 50% 😳

would rather let him walk for free than give half of the money to arsenal.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

22m add ons already included for Hutch is tragic. We would be paying 50m+ if it was the other way round. But I have long lost all hope we will ever have a smart transfer strategy under this ownership. Kieran Mehsbury Hall who is older and has worse PL stats than Conor...

Carney, ok he might be perma damaged after 2 big  and 4 smaller injuries but could have been a decent squad player who looked quality whenever he stepped onto the pitch. Also one of the few who can play midfield and winger as a right footer, still only 20

There's not a snowball in hells chance we'd drop £50m on a player who's not yet played (bar one cameo) outside of the Championship.

Just now, Tomo said:

There's not a snowball in hells chance we'd drop £50m on a player who's not yet played (bar one cameo) outside of the Championship.

You sure? We recently dropped 65m on a player with a  whopping 13 Brazilian league games under his belt. I wish I was as bullish on the sanity of our board as you.

Anyway, the point was, if we had shown interest in a 20y.o. palyer with 10 goals in the championship we sure af would be quoted 50m+ bc everybody knows Clownlake is clueless.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

You sure? We recently dropped 65m on a player with a  whopping 13 Brazilian league games under his belt. I wish I was as bullish on the sanity of our board as you.

Anyway, the point was, if we had shown interest in a 20y.o. palyer with 10 goals in the championship we sure af would be quoted 50m+ bc everybody knows Clownlake is clueless.

The initial fee is £29m and (as we've found out in two consecutive CWC finals) the Brazillian league is a lot better than people think.

If any of the add ons are triggered then it will likely mean he's a major success so, meh.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As we write Leicester are trying to find a way to demand Chelsea pay more for KDH than the figure they had agreed with Brighton.

Not particularly sold on Dewsbury-Hall and struggling in my head to piece together where we're going to fit all of these players in.

However, if we're not planning to play a more orthodox attacking player centrally (like Palmer or Nkunku) then we need one of the midfield three to offer a reasonable goal threat.

This is where Dewsbury-Hall would make some potential sense within our squad, and even more so having played under the manager last season and understanding that role to run from deep in support of, and at times in behind, our striker. It's difficult to measure his effectiveness last season in the Championship, and how that could be replicated in the Prem, but he does look a more technically proficient player to Gallagher (who is probably the closest currently to him in our squad with regards to a goal threat from midfield) in the attacking third. 

I did feel at the start of the summer that 2 or 3 quality additions could really kick us on next season, but it's looking more and more likely that it could be another summer of upheaval and high volume.