Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

absolute madness we did not buy Giorgi Mamardashvili last summer

he is the best keeper at the Euros IMHO, was a monster today

a 1.97m tower, so good in the air, with good feet/passing

superb reflexes

Diogo Costa looks like a dwarf next to him (11 cms shorter) and Costa had a sort of meh game, including his passing

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

superb reflexes

Diogo Costa looks like a dwarf next to him (11 cms shorter) and Costa had a sort of meh game, including his passing

If he still has that release clause in place we should pay it and send atleast one of our spanish keepers to them to sweeten the deal.

He's been quality long enough now to know he's the real deal.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I won't forget your report on Kvaratskhelia when he was probably an unknown to most in the world at that time. 

Cucu's recent performances has been a huge surprise. After the way his season started off, it's amazing that he's starting for Spain as well.

Is this your personal preference or have rumours started to circulate?

No rumours I've seen yet. Prefer to sign Maignan. Couple of positions, we can go for experience - GK being one of them. 

4 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

On X/Twitter we are now linked to Murillo from Nottingham Forest.

Murillo Santiago Costa dos Santos (born 4 July 2002)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/murillo/profil/spieler/1005649

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murillo_(footballer)

Looks a player. 

50 mil seems a lot though. 

The club is run by complete clowns obsessed with Brazilians. If you gonna spend so much on a defender why not go for a top one like Calafiori or Antonio Silva but no, let's get a Brazilian who does some flicks and tricks in attack when he can barely get the basics right in defense. I'd rather get Anselnino than this guy, what a colossal waste of money this will be if it anywhere near 50m let alone 70m.

Edited by TheHulk

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

superb reflexes

Yeah, he is a beast. Prefect PL GK so long as you're not wanting Ederson level technical skill on the ball. 

5 hours ago, KEVINAA said:

On X/Twitter we are now linked to Murillo from Nottingham Forest.

Murillo Santiago Costa dos Santos (born 4 July 2002)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/murillo/profil/spieler/1005649

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murillo_(footballer)

Zouma had a better run against opposition in the CL against Ajax. Using stats/clips/highlights is such a bad way to scout a player. I am not saying he is bad - I haven't seen much of him/taken note of him- but a clip shouldn't change anyone's mind. 

Murillo does look insanely good on the ball for a CB tbf. In fact, his game reminds me almost exactly of Gvardiol’s. Same dribbling style, same bombing forward carrying the ball, same super aggressive tackling.

But as I said yesterday I don’t know what the point in having all 3 of Colwill, Badiashile, AND Murillo who all occupy the same area. Unless the plan is different under Maresca than we all think and we’ll be primarily playing a back 3 rather than with 2 CB’s and we need an extra CB for depth.

50-70m for a Brazilian CB who is uncapped even at youth level in a period of rather meh Brazilian CBs and with just one ok PL season would be ridiculously stupid- in other words a trademark clownlake signings