Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

A Spanish player who knows Barca wants him and who is happy staying at his current club if he has to doesn’t sound like the kind of guy we’d be able to convince to come here.

Think he’d be an interesting signing of it could happen, though. He reminds me a LOT of Jeremy Doku in terms of playing style. Could be an absolute weapon running at defenders and causing havoc. 

1 hour ago, mkh said:

Arsenal have agreed a fee of £75m for Sporting Lisbon hitman Viktor Gyokeres, according to reports out of Portugal.

Thats Hojlund level of stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Thats Hojlund level of stupidity. 

It’s a crazy amount of money for him but in terms of playing style he would fit them like a glove. So they’ll say it’s worth a big overpay.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

It’s a crazy amount of money for him but in terms of playing style he would fit them like a glove. So they’ll say it’s worth a big overpay.

Maybe, but he only had 1 good season in a first division league, and a very weak league, being 26. Big big gamble. 

With this self imposed new wage restriction we’re never going to be able to sign a ready made top class player again. 

We can still apparently pay really high transfer fees themselves but we won’t pay the massive wages that the top players will demand. So any super high fee we pay will have to be for younger players like Enzo and Caicedo who were on really small wages at their previous clubs and will therefor accept more “modest” (by todays standards) wages like £120-150k per week.

Gone are the days where we offer £200-300k per week for any player. Which in the one hand is smart. But on the other hand it really limits us to taking gambles and hoping that the lower tier of player we buy turn into gems.

4 hours ago, Gundalf said:

No idea why people here rate Gyökeres or Sesko over David really. They clearly arent any better. 

Sesko very different to the rest, totally different physique and athleticism and had upside potential that I don't see in the rest. In terms of squad building I do think Sesko was the most interesting player we've looked at so far as an alternative to NJ to play up top - maybe as a player he is not any better than the rest, but in terms of what he would add to our squad I saw him as more relevant than the rest.

A lot of the other options I hear touted don't really impress me more than the idea of just letting Nkunku compete with NJ.

The Alvarez option was the other interesting one to me.

Of all the rumours I've heard all summer (for all semi believable transfer rumours for any position), only Alvarez and Olise immediately slot into our XI and improve us over night imo. Other than that its just players who might give us some extra depth in case of injuries and who knows, maybe over time could earn the right to be a starter.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I just don't get this rumour based on what the player himself recently said. He signed a new contract recently & was puzzled by questions regarding transfer speculation.

If one of the top clubs isn't going for him (RM, Barca - best friends with Yamal, PSG, City, etc.), I'd presume it's a non-starter.

its simple

here are top right footed left wingers who are remotely available (all rated 30m euros or more)

the first two are over £100m, Rafael Leão close to £148m (€175m release clause only good from July 5 to July 15, but payable over installments)

Rafael Leão
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia   

Luis Díaz    would never come here now, likely only would go to RM (no cance), Barca (they cannot afford him) or the Saudis, for a HUGE salary
Nico Williams  
Kingsley Coman    28yo, turns 29 next spring
Kaoru Mitoma  27yo,  turns 28 next spring
Ademola Lookman   
Donyell Malen    
Désiré Doué  
Federico Chiesa   
Jadon Sancho   
Ferran Torres  
Vitor Roque  teenager, Barca may sell, but he doesnt want to leave
Samuel Lino  
Simon Adingra  
Yéremy Pino  
Pepê    

Edited by Vesper

I rate David highly. Rate him more than Osimhen who is at least twice more expensive. Way more complete player. Even in terms of goals if you compare.

Osimhen 4 Seria A seasons:

10, 14, 15, 26 goals. 

David 4 Ligue 1 seasons:

13, 15, 19, 24 goals. 

Get him!

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

its simple

here are top right footed left wingers who are remotely available (all rated 30m euros or more)

the first two are over £100m, Rafael Leão close to £148m (€175m release clause only good from July 5 to July 15, but payable over installments)

Rafael Leão
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia   

Luis Díaz    would never come here now, likely only would go to RM (no cance), Barca (they cannot afford him) or the Saudis, for a HUGE salary
Nico Williams  
Kingsley Coman    28yo, turns 29 next spring
Kaoru Mitoma  28yo,  turns 29 next spring
Ademola Lookman   
Donyell Malen 
Serge Gnabry    turns 30yo next summer
Federico Chiesa   
Jadon Sancho   
Ferran Torres  
Vitor Roque  teenager, Barca may sell, but he doesnt want to leave
Samuel Lino  
Simon Adingra  
Yéremy Pino  
Pepê    

I'd imagine a move for any LM/LWF would be dependent on Sterling being shipped off.

Doué's name has been doing the rounds. You know the age limit our squad seems to have now. 😄  

Edited by LAM09

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I rate David highly. Rate him more than Osimhen who is at least twice more expensive. Way more complete player. Even in terms of goals if you compare.

Osimhen 4 Seria A seasons:

10, 14, 15, 26 goals. 

David 4 Ligue 1 seasons:

13, 15, 19, 24 goals. 

Get him!

Their profiles are very different. Also, I don't see the sense in comparing stats since David hasn't been putting up crazy numbers and plays in a worse league.

For a market devoid of world class strikers we have seen a ton of rumours and movement on that front. 
firstly while I have reigned to the fact that we will no sign a proper, experienced, well-established CF, I am happy we have distanced ourselves from that fella from Alaves. Also it looks like we won’t pay 40m for villas backup who I would not mind on a cut price deal. 
Sesko is would have been good value for money with his release clause but I am not exactly distraught we did not get him. He may have a high ceiling but right now he is a deluxe broja and I am not sure that’s what we need.

gyökeres I always wanted to see him in PL to assess if his pace and strength advantage that helped him tons in portugal holds here too. Obviously a massive gamble for arse based on 1 great season at age 26. 

Osimhen is just too expensive. I can’t see him being a total flop but he has clear weaknesses and he would probably end up a better mannered Lukaku who scores 15 goals and does little else. 

David I watched a lot back in 21 when he looked raw but a superstar in the making. So no idea if he trailed off or just no one cares about ligue 1 but I don’t think we could do a lot wrong by getting him for a decent price. French league strikers often adjust alright to PL with many teams over there too setting up quite defensively with big, athletic CBs. His stats imply he is somewhat consistent which is what we need most IMO 

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Their profiles are very different. Also, I don't see the sense in comparing stats since David hasn't been putting up crazy numbers and plays in a worse league.

But we need more of a David profile. People often speak how we need typical goalscorer but do we?

Conte title season aside we just scored most goals in the last 14 seasons. All this with our best goalscorer in Nkunku not being available. Firmino was in the middle but was scoring less than Salah and Mane. 

If Palmer continues this way and Nkunku joins as expected David would be perfect in the middle because he offers so much more in every department plus will score decent number of goals. And more suitable for Maresca style. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I'd imagine a move for any LM/LWF would be dependent on Sterling be shipped off.

Doué's name has been doing the rounds. You know the age limit our squad seems to have now. 😄

the best doable LWers who meet our wage criteria

Désiré Doué 
Jamie Bynoe-Gittens  
Karim Adeyemi 
Amine Gouiri   
Crysencio Summerville 
Morgan Rogers
Antonio Nusa

Ibrahim Osman  Brighton have him
Assane Diao  

Edited by Vesper

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the best doable LWers who meet our wage criteria

Désiré Doué 
Jamie Bynoe-Gittens  
Karim Adeyemi 
Amine Gouiri   
Crysencio Summerville 
Morgan Rogers
Antonio Nusa

Ibrahim Osman  Brighton have him
Assane Diao  

The thing with all of these players you’ve listed is that k don’t see any of them as surefire upgrades on the wingers we already don’t think are quite good enough.

I’d rather we give Omari Hutchinson a legit chance to impress on either wing than buy one of these guys. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The thing with all of these players you’ve listed is that k don’t see any of them as surefire upgrades on the wingers we already don’t think are quite good enough.

I’d rather we give Omari Hutchinson a legit chance to impress on either wing than buy one of these guys. 

I think Désiré Doué (ambipedal BTW) or Morgan Rogers are worth a punt, but yes, I would be willing to try Omari at LW, despite him being primarily a left footer

we so so need to get Sterling the hell out of here, with his monstrous wages (325K to 350K quid per week, depending on what source you trust)

With the media now reporting that we want an LA instead of an RA, if Kavrat and Williams don't work out I'd take Doué.

Summerville is being chased by Brighton Liverpool and West Ham the most. Brighton are favourites at the moment!