Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I like alvarez. We should fill the team with young ballers from Spain , Italy , Portugal and Latin America. We have a bunch already. Will be tough for the more direct , less technically competent guys like Mudryk to contribute positively in the new system 

40 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

I don't think he starts until 1st July.

Yeah but I would’ve thought we’d at least see the usual formalities like pictures of him signing his contract, photos holding the shirt, in club interview etc.

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah but I would’ve thought we’d at least see the usual formalities like pictures of him signing his contract, photos holding the shirt, in club interview etc.

Probably hasn't done it yet, probably signed a pre contract over email lol 

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 18:00, NikkiCFC said:

Mr. Boehly genius. 

Wouldn’t really say genius. Closer to desperation as the Maatsen & Chalobah summer deal’s didn’t happen although the terms work out favourably for now with the hotel ownership. But we won’t be able to pull a stunt like that again, similarly with the 8 year contracts.  

If the club didn’t make the unnecessary signings like Ugochukwu & Washington as well as not overspending on several players wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place though.

All the uncertainty around FFP and PSR has been self inflicted by absolute stupidity in the market. But was the same when we signed Enzo, Caicedo and Lavia in 2 windows. Or the whole net spend shit last summer. Apparently he was a genius then. They are far from from it, same with the co-sporting directors.

Pedro Lima signing when he have Reece and Malo. Sigh.

Also Ederson? Here? Not a chance. More chance Lukaku starts as our number 9 next season than we sign Ederson.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Stats said:

The manager will implement a more possession based side, but ultimately we want to score goals and while Alvarez may be a goof fit for that, he just isn't the guy we need for our no.9, how I see it. We want a CF to score goals. I feel we need a target man kind of striker who is good in the air, can hold up the ball and score. Alvarez wiill not do that. Like I say for me, Alvarez is best suited when playing off a target man.

Don’t disagree that he’s not a leading 9, but I am suggesting not to use him as such and still go for a target man to rotate (w Jackson) as needed.

alvarez would make that right side much stronger, which is a win regardless who plays #9. Noni isn’t starting material if we want to become competitive again, so that’s where I think he’d work. Also provide cover for Palmer.

i can certainly imagine Palmer and him working really well together.

Edited by robsblubot

What we gonna do with Pedro Lima if that rumour is true? I mean, as soon as Reece James is in his next 10 month injury career break we'll probably be glad to have him as an option at RB, but can he play another position like RW? 

I’d prefer a quick, highly technical striker like Alvarez personally than a more classic “big man” striker like Sesko. Sesko is by no means a slow, lumbering Andy Carroll or anything but I think our squad would function better with a more mobile and versatile striker.

If neither Sesko or Alvarez happen and they either stay or go elsewhere we’re kinda fucked. We’re then taking a massive gamble on some youngster or  a guy who did well at some small club.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If neither Sesko or Alvarez happen and they either stay or go elsewhere we’re kinda fucked. We’re then taking a massive gamble on some youngster or  a guy who did well at some small club.

maybe the board has a plan C 

lets see what will happen

the only way to see sesko coming to Chelsea is offering a insane salary as we did with mudryk 

Posted (edited)

I’d be open to us  fleecing a bunch of attacking players - lukaku , Sterling and even some of the younger ones like madueke and gallagher If it mean signing both Alvarez and sesko. I think they’d be ideal together 

Edited by Beorn

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

maybe the board has a plan C 

lets see what will happen

the only way to see sesko coming to Chelsea is offering a insane salary as we did with mudryk 

If all the primary options fail maybe we hide our time and play Nkunku as a false 9 and wait until January to assess our options. I’d almost prefer that to us gambling on that youngster from Villa we keep getting linked with for example.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

If all the primary options fail maybe we hide our time and play Nkunku as a false 9 and wait until January to assess our options. I’d almost prefer that to us gambling on that youngster from Villa we keep getting linked with for example.

the summer is long and until the end of august we will see new targets.

im sure about that

It would be great if we had some clarity on the Olise situation. Did he reject us last season, or was it simply due to the legal stuff that prevented him coming here? 

I think he is the better talent/more impactful player compared to Alvarez and cheaper. Just don't know if he wants to be here, and his recent hamstring stuff this last season isn't the most reassuring thing.