Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Just get him. 😃
That tight control alone is worth the price tag. Will make the team much stronger in attack -- players form fluctuate a lot over a long season, and the lack of (quality) options is the main reason I think the squad is weak (... esp for the amount spent etc).

We will also need a midfield if Conor leaves. Midfield options look super green to me.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The midfielder joined Chelsea in 2009 and left in 2016, which Conlon described as 'mutual consent' between the two parties.

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/michael-olises-Chelsea-exit-explained-29282792#:~:text=The midfielder joined Chelsea in,consent' between the two parties.

Seems like we may lose another big talent 

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

While transfer front seems quiet atm, just out of interest, what would you guys think of the following free agents:

CB: Hermoso, Varane or Matip

loads of CL experience, possible mentor role as the senior cbs in the squad, but somewhat washed up. Maybe good enough when managed and motivated correctly? 

ST: Memphis, Martial, Iheanacho or Chris wood 

PL proven, technical quality, still in their best years ish, reputation a bit patchy but maybe useful backups that add sth different to Jackson? 

I’d say no instantly to everyone you’ve named here except for perhaps Varane. He’s 100% not washed just very injury prone. When fit he was still easily United’s best CB according to their supporters.

Still only 31 and free. If he was interested in remaining in the PL I’d probably have him on a short term deal. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d say no instantly to everyone you’ve named here except for perhaps Varane. He’s 100% not washed just very injury prone. When fit he was still easily United’s best CB according to their supporters.

Still only 31 and free. If he was interested in remaining in the PL I’d probably have him on a short term deal. 

agreed.
Seen good games from Matip, but he was very inconsistent at pool and is now 32.
We already have a CB who is never fit (Fofana) no need for another one (in Varane).

I'd like to emphasize the distinction between being available and being fit. Chilwell, for example, was somewhat available, but never fit (after a sequence).

Not familiar with Hermoso, but any CB from Atletico comes with a caveat: they usually play in a very low block.

Edited by robsblubot

Chelsea will turn down any loan moves for Romelu Lukaku this summer in a bid to sell the Belgium striker in a permanent deal.

They are looking to recoup some of £97.5m they paid Inter Milan for him in 2021, with their asking price believed to be about £37m as the club aims to get the 31-year-old's £325,000-a-week wages off their books. 325 000 a week fucking hell get rid now

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea will turn down any loan moves for Romelu Lukaku this summer in a bid to sell the Belgium striker in a permanent deal.

They are looking to recoup some of £97.5m they paid Inter Milan for him in 2021, with their asking price believed to be about £37m as the club aims to get the 31-year-old's £325,000-a-week wages off their books. 325 000 a week fucking hell get rid now

He is on less now after last year but still whoever gave him that contract in the first place is a complete moron.

14 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I'm sure I read this last summer also. 

We have a good chance with Alvarez because:

1) he's only 100k/pw

2) can promise starting spot which in City is not gonna happen 

3)  Pep have this philosophy when player says I want to leave he just says ok 

4) Enzo best buddy 

26 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Fuck off.

This guy is amazing.. Made a name for himself playing well in Austria at a young age, but he has performed several horror shows for Leipzig and Bayern, not reliable at all. And somehow still made it to Deschamps' squad. Hope we miss out on him, stick with Adarabioyo.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We have a good chance with Alvarez because:

1) he's only 100k/pw

2) can promise starting spot which in City is not gonna happen 

3)  Pep have this philosophy when player says I want to leave he just says ok 

4) Enzo best buddy 

All true, but I doubt City will have entered this window thinking about having to spend a bunch of money on another striker. It’ll probably be pretty tricky to go out and try to convince a very good striker to come to City knowing that they’ll be Haaland’s backup. 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

All true, but I doubt City will have entered this window thinking about having to spend a bunch of money on another striker. It’ll probably be pretty tricky to go out and try to convince a very good striker to come to City knowing that they’ll be Haaland’s backup. 

80M€ for what I see 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Not so difficult if it is someone like Alvarez himself; someone who can play behind the striker or on the wings. Haaland himself is a pure striker -- can't really play anywhere else.